BoohdahLovah's Soil Purple Juice Auto Grow Journal 2023

Good luck with the SIP build and be sure to cross post your project over there. :thumb:
Thanks, and for sure I will. I’m looking to get all of the supplies on the weekend and get this little project up and running.

Thanks again for all of your advice.

Day: 101 since planting the seed

Here’s the dry box with the newly harvested buds. One thing about this stunted lady is that the buds were still big. I really wish I had have been able to grow her to her full potential.

I’ll be monitoring the temp and humidity to make sure everything stays on track. I’m thinking that because there’s more in there, the humidity might go pretty high. I’ll just have to wait and see.

Here’s also a picture of what’s left. I probably could have taken more off, but there’s not much room in the dry box. I’ll have to put more string through.

IMG_5230.jpeg

IMG_5231.jpeg

IMG_5227.jpeg

IMG_5228.jpeg

IMG_5229.jpeg

Temperature and humidity in the dry box with the fresh cut buds is doing alright. A bit of a range, but I think it’s acceptable. It got a bit warmer today but for the next week it’s not going to be as warm. According to the bureau of meteorology we’re looking to get a bit of rain tomorrow which will no doubt raise the humidity. Rain’s also predicted for the next five days, but much less after tomorrow.

Fingers are crossed that it doesn’t negatively impact the drying of these buds.

IMG_5238.png

IMG_5239.png

Let's hope! That's a great average rh!
Thanks SO. I just wish the high and low were a bit closer to the average. Everything can’t be perfect in a shoddily built contraption though. 🤣

My SIP has now been built for the next grow. All I need is the Cereal Milk clone that I cut last night to survive and we’re good to go. Look out for that grow journal soon.

Thanks goes out to @Azimuth for the inspiration. I probably should wait until it’s planted up before I post it in the SIP thread, unless you’d prefer for me to do it now.

IMG_5250.jpeg

IMG_5254.jpeg

IMG_5255.jpeg

Day: 105 since planting the seed

I cut down the rest of the Purple Juice auto, so she is no more. For a plant that was described as being ready in 65-70 days she decided to take her time. I’m going to put it down to being a novice grower, which also resulted in her being stunted to begin with.

It was a bit of a challenge cutting her down because all of the growth was compacted. There were stems and fam leaves going every which way. Even with that I didn’t come across any bud rot. I thought there might be some because of lack of airflow, so I’m pretty lucky with that.

The stems were pretty thick at parts too (the picture’s of the main stem cut off at the root), and also a little bit hollow. I’m not sure what that means, so I hope it’s nothing bad.

The FC 3000 is a great light compared to the old blurple one I used on the first grow. So much so that I bought another one for the other tent, which is set to come early next week.

I moved the Gary Poppins I had growing in tent one into tent two (which had the Purple Juice) and have the buds drying in tent one. It’s got the dehumidifier in it too. Tent one is still exhausting to the dry box which is exhausting to tent two. I’ll continue to monitor the dry box with the hygrometer to make sure the drying goes as planned.

The buds from the first round of drying are doing pretty well in the curing jar. I’m burping it for half an hour a day, usually in the morning, and tonight it’s sitting at 67% humidity. That’s pretty much the maximum that I’ve seen it.

Once it’s all dry I’ll give a final weight. I should be having a scan in a couple of weeks to see how my recovery from pneumonia is going (and hopefully gone). I’ll give a smoke report once my lungs have the all clear.

Thanks for everyone who’s been checking this journal out. It’s been a fun grow, even though it hasn’t been the best. As I said in the beginning, I’m looking forward to coming back to this in the future to see how far I’ve come. Fingers crossed. 🤣

IMG_5256.jpeg

Thanks goes out to @Azimuth for the inspiration. I probably should wait until it’s planted up before I post it in the SIP thread, unless you’d prefer for me to do it now.
Nice work there, @BoohdahLovah ! :thumb:

Nah, no need to wait, post that baby up over in #SIP Club! Beautifully executed.

Nice work there, @BoohdahLovah ! :thumb:

Nah, no need to wait, post that baby up over in #SIP Club! Beautifully executed.
Thanks. I can’t wait to put it into action. I’ve posted it in the thread.

I’ve now transferred the buds from the second cut to the curing jars. I’ve got the mini hygrometers in the jars to keep an eye on the humidity. The jar on the right is from the first round of harvest.
IMG_5285.jpeg

Seeing as the dry box did a good job, I’ve put the hanging buds in there. It’ll also help to free up tent one in case the Cereal Milk clone gets ready soon. The new FC 3000 got delivered today so it’s all ready. I might put the extenders on the tent to make it 6’11” to make sure I’ve got enough height with the SIP. Anyway, more to come hopefully soon.
IMG_5284.jpeg

The buds from the first round of drying are doing pretty well in the curing jar. I’m burping it for half an hour a day, usually in the morning, and tonight it’s sitting at 67% humidity. That’s pretty much the maximum that I’ve seen it.
What's your room rh when you open them up? If it's above the rh in the jar I just give them a quick air change in the jar and close it up. Lower room rh than the jar and longer periods of open can happen to bring the jar down.

Sweet harvest!

What's your room rh when you open them up? If it's above the rh in the jar I just give them a quick air change in the jar and close it up. Lower room rh than the jar and longer periods of open can happen to bring the jar down.

Sweet harvest!
That’s a great point. The room RH is around 70% so I’ve just put the jars in the tent with the dehumidifier in it for the burping for half an hour. The RH in the tent is around 50%. I don’t think that’s too low if I’m only keeping the jars in there for half an hour.

As far as the harvest goes, I’m pretty happy with it since she was a stunted plant. I’m hoping to get at least an oz from it.

And so I’ve just weighed the buds. Please note that I didn’t take off all of the sugar leaves, but I took the buds off the bigger stems.

For the stumpy plant I’m thrilled to say that the final weight is 57.93 grams, or 2.043 ounces. I did a lot better than I thought I was going to. Thanks to the good genetics and the light. Like I’ve already said, I wish I had have given her the best start to see how much I could get. This little stash should keep me going for a while.

I’ll post a smoke report as soon as test it out. Still waiting to get a chest scan.

Thanks to everyone who has passed on their knowledge as part of this grow. It’s really appreciated. Thanks also to everyone who’s stopped by to check it out.

IMG_5306.jpeg

So I’ve finally had a chance to test my grow out. I must say that the smell and taste aren’t as pronounced as much as I thought it would, but I think that may be due to the drying technique and my curing.

The high itself is really nice though. The onset is fairly quick and lasts for a long time. I’ve been finding that I’m still feeling the effects three hours later. It could be because my tolerance is lower.

The high is pretty clear headed without a massive couch lock, but I have been sleeping pretty deep afterwards.

I’ll definitely be enjoying the whole stash.

I would definitely grow it again if I had the opportunity.

Thanks again everyone for stopping by this grow and giving me all the tips. I’ve learned a lot on this grow and am already using the knowledge with my two new grows (links in my signature).

Back
Top Bottom