BoohdahLovah's Soil Purple Juice Auto Grow Journal 2023

BoohdahLovah

Strain: Purple Juice Autoflower from Herbies Seeds
Website says hybrid: 30% Sativa 70% Indica
State: Veg
Started: Tap root appeared 02/07/2023 and planted straight in final pot - Currently on 41st day after the tap root appeared
Indoor
Tent:
Gorrila Grow Tent 2’x2.5’x5’11”
Soil: Dr Greenthumb's TurboDirt water only (2nd run)
Ammendments: Dr Greenthumb's Grow and Bloom
Pot Size: 5 Gal GeoPot
Light: @Mars Hydro FC 3000 at around 40cm from top of canopy at 75% power - 18hr/6hr
Ferts: Dr Greenthumb's Root Roids in veg, Dr Greenthumb's Fruit Roids in flower
Temp: around 23°C during the day
RH: Unknown/Not Measured
PH: Unknown/Not Measured
Pests: None (so far)
Watering: As needed with tap water and Root Roids once a week for whole grow and Fruit Roids once a week during flower

This is my second grow, and first time under the Mars Hydro FC 3000. First grow was from bag seed (possibly Wifi Mintz) with essentially the same setup except for a different light (Mars Hydro Reflector 96) and without the Grow and the Bloom. Last grow yielded 2.7oz from two plants.

This is my first grow journal. Hopefully I stay on top of it with regular updates. I look forward to seeing how this goes and welcome any and all help/feedback.

2FE070BF-D94C-43BC-91F9-2EFF6D2D72BA.jpeg

F47C256E-C01F-4FE3-8250-B263D6DEEBAA.jpeg

A bit of backstory for this grow.

Seeds were started in wet paper towel, sprouted the next day (2nd of July - I'll call this day 1).
Planted in the 5 gallon GeoPot the same day in soil mentioned above.
The light was the Mars Hydro Reflector 96.
It sprouted above the soil on the 8th of July (day 7).
The light was changed to the FC 3000 on the 3rd of August (day 33).
The light was hanging 30cm above canopy at 50% for the first day then increased to 75% the next day (day 34).
Light was then raised to the current height of 40cm from canopy the next day (day 35).

Welcome BoohdahLovah! Nice start! Beautiful plant!

I open the journal to page 1 and copy the url. Then click on my name, and then signature. That opens the place to paste the url. Save the changes. Good luck.
Hi @StoneOtter thanks for stopping by. I’ll have to take a better look at your instructions when I find the time. When I’ve looked up how to do it the instructions usually say to click the chain icon to hyperlink, but I don’t have the chain icon to click. 🤣

For the last grow, as previously mentioned, I used bag seed from a photo period strain, so I topped and tried my best to scrog it through veg.

I don’t know much (if anything) about autos and there are so many conflicting opinions online about how to get the best out of an auto. I don’t know whether to top the plant, defol, or the best way and time to lst. So I’m hoping that if I provide regular updates with photos that someone will pass on their knowledge on these matters at the appropriate times.

In the meantime I’m just going to keep chugging along and hope for the best.

Day: 43 since planting seed

So it’s the 43rd day since I planted this Purple Juice auto from Herbie’s Seeds.

The plant is currently about 8-10cm tall and covering about 20cm of the pot from the tip of biggest leaf to the tip of the other biggest leaf.

It looks like there may be some bud sites appearing so I’m a bit worried that this one’s stunted and not going to be that big.

I’m still only using tap water and Dr Greenthumb’s Root Roids once a week with supplemental tap water when the soil’s looking pretty dry.

Any questions, comments, hints, tips or tricks are greatly welcomed and appreciated.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome to the Forums @BoohdahLovah ! There are lots of very good growers on here happy to offer advice for the asking. I don't grow auto's so others will have to help you with this plant but I will share what I do know.

Auto's have an internal time clock for when they begin flowering and there's not much you can do to put that off, but you  can shorten it by stressing the plant by improper watering, odd temperature changes, environmental issues, etc.

I know they are often touted as a good beginner plant but for the life of me I don't understand why. With a photoperiod, you can simply extend the veg period if you control the lights (i.e. you grow indoors, not out) to fix any issues in veg.

As a new grower, practicing on bag seed like you did your first round might be more cost effective, at least until you get the basics down, though you do have a higher risk of questionable genetics producing hermaphrodite plants.

In any event, ask away and we'll see if we can help or call in other growers with different expertise. You've stumbled on a great place to learn and share your grow!

Welcome to the Forums @BoohdahLovah ! There are lots of very good growers on here happy to offer advice for the asking. I don't grow auto's so others will have to help you with this plant but I will share what I do know.

Auto's have an internal time clock for when they begin flowering and there's not much you can do to put that off, but you  can shorten it by stressing the plant by improper watering, odd temperature changes, environmental issues, etc.

I know they are often touted as a good beginner plant but for the life of me I don't understand why. With a photoperiod, you can simply extend the veg period if you control the lights (i.e. you grow indoors, not out) to fix any issues in veg.

As a new grower, practicing on bag seed like you did your first round might be more cost effective, at least until you get the basics down, though you do have a higher risk of questionable genetics producing hermaphrodite plants.

In any event, ask away and we'll see if we can help or call in other growers with different expertise. You've stumbled on a great place to learn and share your grow!
Thanks again for your help on my other post.

The auto seed was gifted to me from a mate so the only waste is time. I’m going to go ahead with this one and see what happens.

I’ve got 4 clones of Gary Poppins (Exotic Genetix) from another mate (apparently I’ve got great friends) that are currently sitting in a cloning tent waiting for this grow to end. I’m going to try and keep one or two as bonsai mothers so I hope I can learn a lot as I go without breaking the bank.

image.jpg

For the last grow, as previously mentioned, I used bag seed from a photo period strain, so I topped and tried my best to scrog it through veg.

I don’t know much (if anything) about autos and there are so many conflicting opinions online about how to get the best out of an auto. I don’t know whether to top the plant, defol, or the best way and time to lst. So I’m hoping that if I provide regular updates with photos that someone will pass on their knowledge on these matters at the appropriate times.

In the meantime I’m just going to keep chugging along and hope for the best.
@Jon has auto growing down Boohdah, maybe he'll swing by with some advice?
Day: 43 since planting seed

So it’s the 43rd day since I planted this Purple Juice auto from Herbie’s Seeds.

The plant is currently about 8-10cm tall and covering about 20cm of the pot from the tip of biggest leaf to the tip of the other biggest leaf.

It looks like there may be some bud sites appearing so I’m a bit worried that this one’s stunted and not going to be that big.

I’m still only using tap water and Dr Greenthumb’s Root Roids once a week with supplemental tap water when the soil’s looking pretty dry.

Any questions, comments, hints, tips or tricks are greatly welcomed and appreciated.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
43 days is a load of time! I wonder?

Welcome to 420 Boohdah!

I'm going to hang around to see what's going down!

Exotic looking clones you have there. :Rasta:

Welcome to 420 Boohdah!

I'm going to hang around to see what's going down!

Exotic looking clones you have there. :Rasta:
Thanks for stopping by and the welcome.

This’ll be a little test grow seeing as she’s a little bit stumpy, but apart from that she’s looking pretty healthy.

The clones I’m really looking forward to growing out. My friend I got them from has just finished drying his grow and it looks really good. But with how things are going on this one I’m not getting my hopes up. 🤣🤣🤣

Day: 45 since planting seed

She’s grown a little bit over the last couple of days with a few more tiny bud sites appearing.

I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do to maximise what I can get from her. Maybe try some gentle lst because there are maybe five or so nodes with the little pre bud things on them. I’d like to get as much light to them as possible. Given her height I’m not sure anything will work though.

Again, any recommendations are welcome. Even if anyone wants me to try something out as a little science experiment. I’ll do my best to accommodate.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Day: 45 since planting seed

She’s grown a little bit over the last couple of days with a few more tiny bud sites appearing.

I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do to maximise what I can get from her. Maybe try some gentle lst because there are maybe five or so nodes with the little pre bud things on them. I’d like to get as much light to them as possible. Given her height I’m not sure anything will work though.

Again, any recommendations are welcome. Even if anyone wants me to try something out as a little science experiment. I’ll do my best to accommodate.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
She may just be an auto being an auto BL. Some thrive , some less than that but give some.

Day: 47 since planting seed

She’s still growing a little bit by little bit. I’d laugh if she ended up stretching to normal size.

I think she looks pretty healthy. There’s a nice green to her leaves and there’s no obvious signs of any nutrient deficiencies (I think) or pests. Although, her leaves are pointing down and not praying to the light gods as I’ve seen on plenty of journals on here. I don’t know if I’m expecting too much or not.

I’m wondering if I should take off the massive fan leaves to allow more light to hit the bud sites, wait a little bit of more development first, or not do it at all.

She’s still coming along though.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here is the soil, amendments and nutes I’m running with. I’m only using water out of the tap too.

I’m not associated with this company in any way except for being a customer.

image.jpg

Day: 47 since planting seed

She’s still growing a little bit by little bit. I’d laugh if she ended up stretching to normal size.

I think she looks pretty healthy. There’s a nice green to her leaves and there’s no obvious signs of any nutrient deficiencies (I think) or pests. Although, her leaves are pointing down and not praying to the light gods as I’ve seen on plenty of journals on here. I don’t know if I’m expecting too much or not.

I’m wondering if I should take off the massive fan leaves to allow more light to hit the bud sites, wait a little bit of more development first, or not do it at all.

She’s still coming along though.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Hi,looks nice :thumb: ,Looking forward to your plants getting better and better

Back
Top Bottom