BoohdahLovah's Soil Purple Juice Auto Grow Journal 2023

Hi,looks nice :thumb: ,Looking forward to your plants getting better and better
Thanks @Mars Hydro.

The FC-3000 is a really nice light. I can’t wait to see what it does for future grows. It’s definitely an upgrade from the reflector 96 I used last grow.

Day: 51 since planting seed

Yesterday I top dressed her with about a third of a cup of the bud & bloom, scratched it in and watered thoroughly. She looks like she enjoyed the extra feed.

I’m going to give her another drink today and then hit her with a dose of the fruit roids the day after tomorrow.

Given that she’s a short, stumpy bush of a thing, I might give her a bit of a haircut to get rid of the big fan leaves. It’ll hopefully get more light and air to the buds too.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Day: 52 since planting seed

I’ve given her a bit of a defol and some lst. Let’s see what happens.

I didn’t want to take too many leaves off, so there still might be some more that I can do.

I’ve added a photo with a 375ml (12oz) can for scale.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Day: 54 since planting seed

I think she’s responded alright to the lst. I’m going to take off a few more fan leaves some time over the weekend. Hopefully it’ll get a bit more light to the developing buds.

I’ve grown to have a soft spot for my little girl that could. 🤣 We’ll see if she returns the love.

There are a couple of yellow spots developing on one of the fan leaves, and a purple tinge to the stem of another. I’ve got no idea what could cause it, but I’ll do a bit of research and keep an eye on it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Day: 58 since planting seed

Her buds are developing nicely. I think she would have been a great grow if everything went as planned.

She’s starting to smell sweet like candy. I can see some frosting appearing around the buds too. So exciting times.

IMG_4919.jpeg

IMG_4920.jpeg

IMG_4921.jpeg

Day: 60 since planting the seed

A little more defol and also lst. She’s doing alright I think for not growing too much during veg. I’m just fumbling my way though this (kind of like how I go through life 🤣).

I’ve been so impatient with this grow, but it’s gotten me nowhere. My stash from the last grow is coming to the end, so I’m eagerly awaiting this one to finish.

Im not sure if the genetics are better or if it’s the new light, but these buds are definitely looking more dense than the last grow. I’m guessing it’s the light and I can’t wait to see what the next grow brings.

I’ll probably get another tent in the near future so I can veg and flower at the same time for perpetual growing.

IMG_4940.jpeg

IMG_4941.jpeg

IMG_4943.jpeg

Day: 64 since planting the seed

Yesterday I put 5 worms from my worm farm into the pot and they took all of about 15 seconds to disappear under the soil. Might be a bit late to make any difference, but we’ll see what happens.

She’s still going on and getting frostier and frostier. I’m noticing the buds are already looking more dense than my last grow. It could just be the different genetics but I think the FC 3000 is playing a big part of it.

According to their website the Purple Juice Auto should take 65-70 days from seed to harvest. I highly doubt that she’s going to be even close to being ready anytime over the next 6 days. I am in soil and also not doing an intense nutrient program so it’s really to be expected that it’ll take longer.

I don’t know if I’ll ever run an auto again. I feel like there’s a lot more control over a photo. However, this grow time is a lot shorter than the first grow. But that one was a scrog and I mostly filled the screen which covered the whole footprint of the tent (2’ x 2.5’, or 60 x 76cm). That whole grow was 145 days from shoots appearing to chopping it down. That’s a long time. Don’t worry, I know.

The good news is that I’m enjoying the whole process and like learning new things and expanding my knowledge. Part of the reason for me starting a journal is so I can look back on the things I’ve done that have helped and the things that didn’t, so I can work on them. I’m also looking forward to when I can look back at this first grow journal to see how far I’ve come.

The Gary Poppins clones are looking great too. I think I’ll need to give the two mothers at the back a trim. One of the front ones hasn’t made it, but the other one I’m going to veg out as soon as the Purple Juice is done. I’m going to give cloning a bit of a practice too. I’ve never done it with these plants before, but it can’t be too hard.

IMG_4957.jpeg

IMG_4959.jpeg

IMG_4960.jpeg

IMG_4961.jpeg

Day 67: since planting the seed

She’s still going. I would have loved to have figured out early on what the issue was so she grew to her usual height.

There are some slight issues with some of the leaves having some brown spots on them. The serrated edges are curling up a little bit too. I really need to invest in some tech so I can measure everything. Patience is a virtue I guess.

She’s frosty and I’m trying to get as many of the buds exposed to the light. Smells great too. I’m looking forward to when she’s done. I’m sure she’ll be enjoyed immensely.

I didn’t realise @Herbies Seeds was a sponsor, so sorry for the late tag.

IMG_4974.jpeg

IMG_4975.jpeg

IMG_4976.jpeg

Day 76: since planting the seed

Apologies in the delay of an update. I’m slowly, but surely, recovering from pneumonia.

She must be close to being ready. The buds are looking plenty pumped. I was a bit worried about her because I’ve been in hospital for a couple of days, but she survived alright.

I really wish I had given her the best start because I think she would have grown into a big plant. I’m pretty happy with how she’s gone considering.

The @Mars Hydro FC 3000 is a great light. As it’s been cold weather I’ve kept the transformer in the tent, but I love the fact that I can (and will) take it out when the weather gets warmer. I can’t wait to see how it goes in future grows.

The same great mate who gave me the Purple Juice seed also gifted me a Mars Hydro 4” in-line fan with thermostat controller so I’ll be able to know the humidity. I just need to pick it up from the post office.

Here are some new photos, including a couple with the same 375ml can as before for size comparison.

IMG_5001.jpeg

IMG_5002.jpeg

IMG_5003.jpeg

IMG_5004.jpeg

IMG_5005.jpeg

IMG_5006.jpeg

Hi BL, she sure is looking good! Not that close yet though! I think she'll get 20% bigger in the next 2 weeks. Maybe more. I wait until all the pistils have stopped appearing and have crumbled up. Do you have a loup or some way to look at trichomes?
Hey SO. I’ll be even happier if she grows bigger than she is :cheesygrinsmiley:. I bought a cheap little 30x, 60x and 90x loup from the bidding site for the last grow. I found the 90x was next to useless, but the 60x was manageable. I’ll try taking photos today as she’s due for a water.

Seeing as you said she’s a couple of weeks away, would you suggest I start flushing now or do I wait a couple of days? Today is feed day, so I’m not sure what to do.

Thanks for your help.

Here’re some pics I took of the trichomes through the loupe. As I said, it’s pretty crappy so they’re not the best.

IMG_5008.jpeg

IMG_5014.jpeg

IMG_5019.jpeg

IMG_5023.jpeg

IMG_5010.jpeg
Lot of clear trichomes there. You've still got a ways to go.

Lot of clear trichomes there. You've still got a ways to go.
Perfect. Thanks for your help. As eager as I am to try her out, I’m more than happy to wait for the buds to ripen fully.

Sorry for a random question, but is your name in reference to a comic strip about a boy and his tiger friend?

Back
Top Bottom