Brah's 5 Gallon Hempy, Melon Fizz, Mars Hydro TSW 2000, Grow Journal

:adore::adore:Braddah, if you surf, you must come to Nazaré. No 100-footers right now - the swell has been only! ~20 feet but the break here is such a rush..

I would f#ck/ng love to! I used to be ALL about big waves, surfed Waimea, and Jaws, Mavs, etc. then I shattered a few links in my spine skateboarding and had to back off a bit.

I actually had the pleasure of surfing Supertubos in Peniche back in the 90's. Had a great time there. Don't think they had really pioneered Nazare yet. The way that undersea canyon magnifies swell is a thing of terrible beauty

Holy crap, that's insane! To a non-surfer, anyway.
It's a special kind of insanity. Getting SMASHED, feeling like your limbs are gonna get ripped out, pushed so deep you don't know which way is up so you start climbing your leash. Then coming up with a smile and do it again.

Because when everything goes right it's enlightenment.

Braddah nails it!
:surf:

So sorry to hear about your back, brah! I gave up the street surfing long ago - after I discovered how much harder the pavement is than water.
All good! I just have to be a little more cautious. 20-40 instead of 60 :surf:.

Daily Update Tile - Copy.png

daily conditions - Copy.png

vpd1 - Copy.png

anita top 2 - Copy.png

anitatop - Copy.png

both top 1 - Copy.png

both side - Copy.png

both bottom - Copy.png

Ghostbusters! Where did you guys come from?

Here we are 8 days from flip. I'm pretty stoked on the progress! We've adjusted the feeding and switched to Advanced Nutrients SensiBloom A+B, Advanced Nutrients CalMag Xtra, Epsom Salt, and Microblast. This is simpler to mix, we've got a whole bunch of it, and it gets us pretty darn close to @FelipeBlu recommended dose. If you haven't checked his grows out, we recommend it. The girls have responded well to the switch and look perkier than ever.

Gotta say the @Mars Hydro tsw 2000 is pretty impressive. Yes, Anita is older, but looking at the growth under the mars light, next to the growth under the 2 off-brand lights there is a noticeable difference.

Current Feed ppms. Can anyone chime in with recommended proven effective flower doses for S, Co, and Mn?
N=164 (Recommended 150)
P=40 (Recommended 30)
K=185 (Recommended 180)
Ca=87 (Recommended 90)
Mg=47 (Recommeneded 40)
S = 36.29 (Recommended ??)
B=0 (Recommended .4)
Fe=2.03 (Recommended 2)
Mn=2.11 (Recommended ??)
Zn=.59 (Recommended .45)
Cu=0 (Recommended .06)
Mo=.04 (Recommended .05)
Co=.04 (Recommended ??)

Hope everyone is safe, happy, and healthy out there. Stay classy 420!

Can anyone chime in with recommended proven effective flower doses for S, Co, and Mn?
Aloha!
From what I understand, you can safely provide from 25 to 75ppm S. I like about 50 - it is supposed to be important for aroma and flavor. Be careful with Co - not too much is needed - it is a trace nutrient. Mn is usually pretty low too - if you are providing 1 to 3ppm Fe, you are probably good on Mn.

SICK! I just looked it up, looks fun!
BTW Brah - I hit Praia de Samil (near Vigo, Galicia) yesterday - not huge - but got into a sweet pipe a few times. And the locals are really cool.
I hiked in to a secret spot of mine yesterday. Pretty small, but noone else around for miles.
srf - Copy.png

vpd1 - Copy.png

big picture - Copy.png

closeup - Copy.png

side - Copy.png

bottom - Copy.png

Hey, Sunshine! How are you? Your rays have already brightened my day!

12 days from the flip and things are looking bright. These 2 girls have such different phenos its almost hard to believe they're the same strain. Anita is upright, thick, and compact, looks like she wants to be a bit of an overachiever. Honey is a leggy lounger. Anita definitely will produce more weight, but only time will tell which girl will make the sweetest smoke.

We're cruising on autopilot for the next week or so. After that they will be ready for a defol and the second net. These girls have the potential to really fill out this tent.

Hope all is bright in your world today. Keep is classy 420.

Looking splendid, braddah! :yummy: They are really filling in the net.

Sick vertical drop into that one at Jaws! I gotta make it back to Maui!
That one's not me, but talk about a tube the size of the popes living room! I'll come to Nazare first, then we can plan a trip to the holy land. :surf::adore:

vpd1 - Copy.png

anita top 2 - Copy.png

anitatop - Copy.png

both top 1 - Copy.png

both side - Copy.png

both bottom - Copy.png

Ghostbusters! Where did you guys come from?

Here we are 8 days from flip. I'm pretty stoked on the progress! We've adjusted the feeding and switched to Advanced Nutrients SensiBloom A+B, Advanced Nutrients CalMag Xtra, Epsom Salt, and Microblast. This is simpler to mix, we've got a whole bunch of it, and it gets us pretty darn close to @FelipeBlu recommended dose. If you haven't checked his grows out, we recommend it. The girls have responded well to the switch and look perkier than ever.

Gotta say the @Mars Hydro tsw 2000 is pretty impressive. Yes, Anita is older, but looking at the growth under the mars light, next to the growth under the 2 off-brand lights there is a noticeable difference.

Current Feed ppms. Can anyone chime in with recommended proven effective flower doses for S, Co, and Mn?
N=164 (Recommended 150)
P=40 (Recommended 30)
K=185 (Recommended 180)
Ca=87 (Recommended 90)
Mg=47 (Recommeneded 40)
S = 36.29 (Recommended ??)
B=0 (Recommended .4)
Fe=2.03 (Recommended 2)
Mn=2.11 (Recommended ??)
Zn=.59 (Recommended .45)
Cu=0 (Recommended .06)
Mo=.04 (Recommended .05)
Co=.04 (Recommended ??)

Hope everyone is safe, happy, and healthy out there. Stay classy 420!
Wag1 bruwa. Depending what source of water u use but I would leave epsom salt out of the line.. Sensi bloom part A and/or B had already 2.1% Ca and 0.8% Mg. And plus AN Cal Mag had 3.2% Ca and 1.1% Mg, so that would be nice 3:1 ratio of Ca and Mg already.
If you provide for example more or same amount of Mg (extra Mg source would be epsomsalt here) it fights against Ca uptake.
Calcium is needed in larger quantities than Magnesium. And thats why Calcium and Magnesium ratios should be kept in 1:2 or 1:3

And during the pre-/flowering you could offer S from 20 to 200ppm, it shouldn’t get excessive or leave that much crappy salts at any point.
Manganese is needeed in very small amounts ~0.5-4ppm but very important to be present in the medium. Needed element for photsynthesis. And for example excessive Ca hevily antagonises Mn uptake.

Theres many studies regarding Phosphorus and effective amounts. Some of them would suggest to ramp up to 100-200ppm during the bud set and some studies goes thru the whole cycle with 20-30ppm.
My DWC plant for example did not like 110ppm of P (jumpd str8 from 35ppm to 110) Caused other macro/micro nutrient lockouts but looks doing fine between 50-60ppm. Just trying to say if it feels like flowers are lacking or being fluffy you could try to increase P amounts.

E: oh and PS. AN Cal Mag contains 4% of N did you take that in account? Quickly raises your N values above K value..

Wag1 bruwa. Depending what source of water u use but I would leave epsom salt out of the line.. Sensi bloom part A and/or B had already 2.1% Ca and 0.8% Mg. And plus AN Cal Mag had 3.2% Ca and 1.1% Mg, so that would be nice 3:1 ratio of Ca and Mg already.
If you provide for example more or same amount of Mg (extra Mg source would be epsomsalt here) it fights against Ca uptake.
Calcium is needed in larger quantities than Magnesium. And thats why Calcium and Magnesium ratios should be kept in 1:2 or 1:3

And during the pre-/flowering you could offer S from 20 to 200ppm, it shouldn’t get excessive or leave that much crappy salts at any point.
Manganese is needeed in very small amounts ~0.5-4ppm but very important to be present in the medium. Needed element for photsynthesis. And for example excessive Ca hevily antagonises Mn uptake.

Theres many studies regarding Phosphorus and effective amounts. Some of them would suggest to ramp up to 100-200ppm during the bud set and some studies goes thru the whole cycle with 20-30ppm.
My DWC plant for example did not like 110ppm of P (jumpd str8 from 35ppm to 110) Caused other macro/micro nutrient lockouts but looks doing fine between 50-60ppm. Just trying to say if it feels like flowers are lacking or being fluffy you could try to increase P amounts.

E: oh and PS. AN Cal Mag contains 4% of N did you take that in account? Quickly raises your N values above K value..
Thanks for all that great advice @Verbalist !

I'm trying to hit @FelipeBlu recommended doses for now, and need the epsom salt to put the mag and sulfur in range (.78 grams epsom salt per gallon = 20ppm MG and 26.78 ppm Sulfur - plus the 27 ppm MG from SB and 9.29 S from SB).

Yes, we calculated the N in the CalmagXtra too, good catch. So we're getting 47.52 ppm N from calmag, 69.69 ppm N from SBA, and 46.46 ppm N from SBB for a grand total of about 164.

I've wondered myself about the low P levels. Most canna bloom products feature pretty high P ratings. I'll definitely take your advice and keep a close eye on the flower density. I've got a few high P bloom boosters just in case. So far everything is looking cherry.

Hope you're grows are bountiful. Much love bruv.

Some excellent thinking and advice, Verb!

Up to 50 - 60ppm P should not cause a problem. My understanding is that Ca should be good at ~1/2 K, and Mg should be good at ~1/2 Ca. During flowering, especially late bloom, I think you could go up to ~225 - 250 K. Just try to maintain appropriate ratios and you should be alright.

Back
Top Bottom