Brand New

katyjane420

What a fantastic day. I am approved for my medical card. Waiting for the paperwork on my cultivating! (I decided to at a later date)

Hello! My name is KatyJane and I am excited to become apart of this community. I have decided to start growing and perhaps do a grow journal. I've never been one of journal, but I think it would be enjoyable.

I plan to do a hydroponic DWC for my first grow with an auto flower. All supplies should be here in a few days.

What is one thing you wish you knew before your first grow?

Welcome Katyjane 420 to 420 Magazine
DWC I have gotten where I like it , just don’t veg too long . Monsters in DWC are a chore .
Auto is a good one to start with , are you going to make journal . If so I have below on my post a helpful link for new members.
You won’t have to worry about when to change from veg to flower since your doing autos . My first grow I didn’t flip till the girls were up into the lights .
A lot of DWC growers here .

:welcome: Definitely start a journal. Lots of great DWC growers here that are more than willing to help out. I'm a soil grower but I'll follow along anyway. You came to the right place to enjoy your journey into growing to the maximum. :passitleft:

Welcome to the forum @katyjane420 :welcome:

What a fantastic day. I am approved for my medical card. Waiting for the paperwork on my cultivating! (I decided to at a later date)

Hello! My name is KatyJane and I am excited to become apart of this community. I have decided to start growing and perhaps do a grow journal. I've never been one of journal, but I think it would be enjoyable.

I plan to do a hydroponic DWC for my first grow with an auto flower. All supplies should be here in a few days.

That I should have started in soil, because it's more forgiving than DWC...If I get a deficiency in soil, I have time to save it without coming back on here saying..."What's wrong with my plants" :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake: :goodluck:

I should have said, go for it :passitleft: ...but, I've tried just about every way to grow over the last 15 years...and I've found that a good soil (Fox Farm Ocean Forest) with some good nutrients (Fox Farms Trio) along with their feeding/watering schedule works fantastic...Less work on you/me with stunning results...but I digress, I'm getting older and have much more to do than babysit my plants, to make sure my res isn't slimy and it's at proper levels to not drown my plant...not to mention I don't have to spend over a hundred bucks for a good PH pen...don't need it, or a PPM/EC pen (Blue Labs is the best...IMO)

Long story short, I just water/feed my plants and let them be...none of the other crap that comes with DWC...just wait till you have a leak in a 35 gallon res and it is every where when you come home :rofl:

Here ya go...just water and feed and let them do the rest :passitleft:

Welcome my friend. :welcome:

Welcome buddy! So if I understand you have never grown cannabis?
Well I could have said the same just 3 months ago... What can I tell ya? It's the best thing going on for me right now, about to harvest my first ever grow, 5 plants.. I can't assess how much gonna chop, but it a shit load :)

Welcome and enjoy!!

20210209_124740.jpg
TAL01677.jpg
20210202_175813.jpg

that autos are far more finicky, very unforgiving, and a hard first grow to learn on.

Welcome, @katyjane420!

My advice to any new grower is to keep detailed notes on all that you do to your plants and when you do it. At the end, you will have a valuable guide for how to proceed on your next grow.

Like you, I started out in DWC. I grew some nice plants over a couple of grows. But time spent of this forum and seeing what others were doing in soil caused me to switch to that medium.

DWC can get you some nice big plants, but growing that way is tons more work than growing in soil.

Here's a pic of one of my first DWC grows, a Caramel Cream auto.

Happy growing!

Greetings :thumb: as you can tell there are many here willing to help. I grow in soil and I would recommend a photo for your first grow. Autos are wonderful but if you mess up you might not be able to correct it.

Do you have all of the items needed? If not then we have sponsors to provide all of your needs from seed to :smokin:
Here are a few helpful links that will be recommended sooner or later:
How to water your plant
Growing Marijuana

Don't forget the monthly contests where all members are eligible to win prizes 420 Contests

Welcome Katyjane 420 to 420 Magazine
DWC I have gotten where I like it , just don’t veg too long . Monsters in DWC are a chore .
Auto is a good one to start with , are you going to make journal . If so I have below on my post a helpful link for new members.
You won’t have to worry about when to change from veg to flower since your doing just wait till you have a leak in a 35 gallon res and it is every where when you come home :rofl:
Ahhh no thank you to the flood!

I have started my grow journal!

Hope to see you all over there.

Back
Top Bottom