Broken stem operation

Farnheit

Hi when I was doing lst I managed to broke one of the 4 stem. It stayed on its skin so I was able to fix it back but only like third or half connect back. The branch after the cut was good but little slown down compared to other branches and in the moment when its flowering it wouldnt carry much bud.

So I decided to do operation. I removed part of the cured skin on both sides of cut and fix it better this time. Have you ever done this? Refixing it?

Use medical tape if you have it. Spray it with water to keep it damp as it heals.
Duct tape is messy. Medical tape is sterile.
4BF6CC2A-7415-49F7-B8BC-463682667E99.jpeg

All these ideas will work, there very resilient plants. I usually use a large diameter string like piping cord for sewing, and I just wrap it up like a cast. That’s always worked for me, and the string can be reused.

tape and string all work.

Plants will heal themselves and pretty fast too.

Look at super cropping - we do it all the time!

Here's a cracked branch on the trim table - I bent it over about the 2nd week into flowering, didn't even tape it or anything just bent it over and wired it back to its own stem. Sometimes they actually during the fix overnight, will bend back straight again. Why I wire it in place - take a wire and tie the end of the flowers back to the stem about 10" down from the crack.

Personally I use electrical tape as it will stretch to a point and allow it to grow bigger a bit (or you can remove it once the plant heals itself, usually a week or two and it will close off the wound on it's own). But yeah any of those things that help give it support and keeps crap out of the wound until it can heal itself will work.

So I decided to do operation. I removed part of the cured skin on both sides of cut and fix it better this time. Have you ever done this? Refixing it?
Refix?;) If I had to fix it once and it broke again it is time for the fixed part to go to the compost pile.

If it is a break at the main stem I usually finish by cutting it off. If the piece looks strong and healthy I will put it into a glass or water or into a small container of soil. If it roots then I have another plant. If it does not root then I have something for the compost pile.

Only one time that I can think of did I have a larger side branch crack. It was a clone and since I was waiting for room to show up in the flowering cabinet I figured I would see what I could do. I used a brace similar to the pipe cleaner in @AdaminCO 's photo in msg #4 but no tape of any kind. It worked well enough.

Back
Top Bottom