Bryan's Soil In & Outdoor Grow 2020

Yeah I got the LST down but the reason I didnt want to try the supercropping or almost snapping branches cause I've never had to manipulate plants before. Maybe I'll try it on one of the GDP.
Looked it up and it seems to be lacking nutes for some strains, from what I read Cal/Mag really seems to help it out. Is this what you were meaning? Also got some neem oil and sprayed down all plants to be safe since they share a close space. Gonna spray them again in 7 days per the bottle, dont have a home depot near me but Ace had some. Got some root stimulator as well 4-10-3 that I'm gonna throw into the next feeding and the soil when I transplant
I have a write up on that too. Shed tells you how to massage it to make it bend, not break.

Take my advice or don't, but throwing the kitchen sink at a plant without having a basic understanding of how cannabis grows and what it needs and when will not produce the best plants. And if you end up with problems it becomes very difficult to diagnose.

Go online and find someone who has successfully grown cannabis with that brand of nutes and follow their basic schedule. There is no need to "wing it" in this day and age with all the available online resources, including here.

Take my advice or don't, but throwing the kitchen sink at a plant without having a basic understanding of how cannabis grows and what it needs and when will not produce the best plants. And if you end up with problems it becomes very difficult to diagnose.

Go online and find someone who has successfully grown cannabis with that brand of nutes and follow their basic schedule. There is no need to "wing it" in this day and age with all the available online resources, including here.

Thanks, I'm gonna do some searching like you said, hopefully I will come back with a guide and some answers :headbanger:

Upon doing research, I found that many others had a PH problem with their Black Gold seedling mix from Sungro as well. One gentlemen even documented putting 6.5 ph water in and getting 5 ph out... Think im just going to get rid of the rest of the soil. This would explain the issues with the seedlings/early vegging plants, since the BBK was started in FFOF. Off for more reading y'all

FFOF is good as is FFHF. ProMix HP or Sunshine Mix 4 if you want to go with a sphagnum peat moss base.

For the record, runoff pH doesn't tell you about the pH of your soil unless you're doing a pour-through test with distilled water.
I have OF and HF with some #4 perlite showing up sunday. Hopefully Monday the girls will have new homes. Ah-ha another thing to learn about, thanks for the direction, you've already been a tremendous help!

1. I have my fabric pots showing up today, still waiting for the soil and perlite. Its super cloudy out so the plants are all inside. I have a light meter that I use for reference, not necessarily accurate or precise measurments. Inside on the meter I can around 500 units of what it measures (Maybe foot candles?) outside I get 200.
  2. The new growth on the BBK was tied down some more today to help make the manifold.
  3. Im going to wait for atleast 1 more set of fan leaves on each growth tip before topping for 8 mains. The leaves that are almost big now are misshapen and missing chunks. I don't want to stress the plant anymore until I know what I'm dealing with and how to fix it. I'm doing research now, I have heard maybe broad mites, but I don't see the mold-like coating or curling that come along. Im thinking Ph issue? I'll update when I find more info

Attachments

• 20200417_094142.jpg
    20200417_094142.jpg
    683.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200417_094158.jpg
    20200417_094158.jpg
    592.3 KB · Views: 34
Wrinkled leaves are often a sign of too much humidity or overwatering as well.

Your indoor lighting is 2.5x stronger than the sun? I have my suspicions about that meter!
I dont think Rh is an issue, we generally sit around 60% or so. Over watering could definitely be it, right now only about the top inch or so is dry after a week, not the drainage I'm wanting out of the soil. While its still small im gonna move it into the fabric pots once all the soil and stuff shows up, so i can put more perlite in with the soil. I didn't add any when i put it in the bucket

Oh haha sorry, just on today. We have very dark heavy looking clouds. I'd be very happy if my indoor lights were that strong lol I measured on a sunny day and it maxed the meter out, it only goes to 2000 though.
I dont really trust it which is why I'm only using it to compare two or more readings, rather than running with a single one.
I think my logic is correct but I also love other POVs that further push the envelope of critical thinking

Grey here as well so my plants are inside too. I'm hoping for a break in the clouds this afternoon sometime, and since I'm always home I can just move them if the sun comes out!

When I was in soil (which already had some perlite in it) I would add a lot more perlite, probably close to 60/40 soil/perlite. Drainage is really important.

Without knowing what your meter is measuring it's hard to know what's what!

Grey here as well so my plants are inside too. I'm hoping for a break in the clouds this afternoon sometime, and since I'm always home I can just move them if the sun comes out!

When I was in soil (which already had some perlite in it) I would add a lot more perlite, probably close to 60/40 soil/perlite. Drainage is really important.

Without knowing what your meter is measuring it's hard to know what's what!
Yeah im really hoping for a break but it looks like typical Bay Area weather and gonna be cloudy for a few more days...ugh...

Oh wow do you have to add more nutes to your plants with that high perlite? Since I assume it would displace some of the nutes already in the media.

Very true! I'll have to get back to you on the light meter and the units it uses

Happy Sunday, hope everyone is having a great weekend. A few quick updates for the journal. I wanted to use some SNS 244 as a preventative measure. I forgot to turn the grow lights off and ended up burning all of the plants a little bit, some worse than others. But after some help from @bobrown14 they've started making quick recoveries. Silly mistake I know, but I wont be making it again. :straightface:

Its gotten a bit sunny today but with the burnt leaves I don't want to set them outside in the sun so I'm giving them a windowsill for a couple days and let them reacclimate to the direct sun.
20200419_143013_HDR.jpg

Also my soils and additives are getting here over the next few days. I'll document me mixing them up and the ratios I use.

That's a common mistake, and once you do it you never do it again. Dropping something on the plants is likely to occur more than once though ;).

Yeah the sudden feeling of thinking they were dead meat was enough to learn that lesson real quick I dont think I'll spray them with that under the grow light again lol

Soil arrived today and I had enough time to mix it all up and pot the 2 that were about to be needing it. One of them had tiny little finger tips coming out of the soil, I thought that was pretty cool since they were still expanding.

For my mix I used approx 3:1 ratio of FFOF and FFHF, respectively. I then added in 18% perlite.
20200421_153831_HDR.jpg
After potting the 2 plants, I watered with tap water, so the plants use the nutes in the soil first.

20200421_153836.jpg
20200421_161034_HDR.jpg

This is only a temporary spot for the plants right now, we are getting our jungle of a backyard spraying and weed in order to plant grass. And have it maintained nicely. I figure up and out of the way of the chemicals they are spraying is the best idea for keeping them alive. I will also be moving them inside the day the yard is sprayed for just 1 more safety measure.

Here is our yard after about 4 hrs with the weed wacker. Dont believe the ground looking like grass thats all weeds and other plants. Hard to believe that the standing flower was about how tall most of the yard was.

20200421_164454_HDR.jpg

Nice work on the mixing and transplants, good luck with the yard, and your dog looks very much like mine from the back. She's usually looking right at me so next time she turns around I'll get a pic for you!

Not that many nutes in FFOF to begin with, and then to mix it with the HF there are even fewer. Don't be afraid to feed the plants.

Nice work on the mixing and transplants, good luck with the yard, and your dog looks very much like mine from the back. She's usually looking right at me so next time she turns around I'll get a pic for you!

Not that many nutes in FFOF to begin with, and then to mix it with the HF there are even fewer. Don't be afraid to feed the plants.
Thanks, she's such a sweet heart and was dying to jump into the pile of soil while I was mixing lol I'll definitely deep an eye on the plants. Its so nice having what feels like a lot more room under the grow lights

Back
Top Bottom