Bud trimmers

I have a bladeless trimmer and it sucks. Beats the crap out of your flower. Not worth anything. I'm actually going to turn it into a pollen extractor.
Hand trim, you'll be glad you did....
Hand trimming over 10 pounds a yr not fun. Not enough time..
I have heard the same thing about those bladeless trimmers not working well.

I like my ipower bowl trimmer

I'm lazy, and it works well for popcorn buds and such

Tops I hand trim, but smaller stuff goes into the trimmer

Usually run it before dry and ready to cure

Iv ran both bowl and drum trimmers and my best opinion on this matter as its been brought up a few times is dont ever buy the bowl trimmers, the rubber fingers to help turn the buds end up knocking all your trichomes off and your left with a product that looks like its been chucked off the walls a few times and then still needs trimmed when dried, like others have said its great for popcorn ect but your top nugs really need hand trimmed instead, but please, this is my own opinion on them, dont let this discourage you.

Now the drum trimmers are a little more expensive but you get a very quality finish (for none hand trimming that is) takes litrelly 10-20 seconds to go from the top of the pipe to the storage bin they end up in, i think the last time i spoke with a large scale grow ops in california around 70% is trimmed this way in there facility then hand trimmed for the finer connoisseur look, for me when i used the drum trimmers i harvested around 100oz in about 2 hours, could of gone alot faster but kept the flow evenly and i found the outcome of the product when dry was actually better than my hand trimming.

Iv always said it all depends on how much bud your growing really, if your getting around 100+oz per harvest then get a trimmer that can help but anything less i would trim by hand in all honesty.

Hope this helps buddy!

Iv ran both bowl and drum trimmers and my best opinion on this matter as its been brought up a few times is dont ever buy the bowl trimmers, the rubber fingers to help turn the buds end up knocking all your trichomes off and your left with a product that looks like its been chucked off the walls a few times and then still needs trimmed when dried, like others have said its great for popcorn ect but your top nugs really need hand trimmed instead, but please, this is my own opinion on them, dont let this discourage you.

Now the drum trimmers are a little more expensive but you get a very quality finish (for none hand trimming that is) takes litrelly 10-20 seconds to go from the top of the pipe to the storage bin they end up in, i think the last time i spoke with a large scale grow ops in california around 70% is trimmed this way in there facility then hand trimmed for the finer connoisseur look, for me when i used the drum trimmers i harvested around 100oz in about 2 hours, could of gone alot faster but kept the flow evenly and i found the outcome of the product when dry was actually better than my hand trimming.

Iv always said it all depends on how much bud your growing really, if your getting around 100+oz per harvest then get a trimmer that can help but anything less i would trim by hand in all honesty.

Hope this helps buddy!

Thanks for all that info..
Yeah after running a couple pounds thru the bowl type trimmer, I could tell it wasn’t for me.. Better for a smaller scale operation and popcorn buds..
I have been researching the drum trimmers. Money not an issue, time is my issue.
An average year consists of minimal 10 pounds of trimming..
My inner circle of trusted people is very small, therefore I’m not looking to have trimming help to my property, nor do I know anyone who wants to sit for hours on end every night trimming bud.
Ultimately, I want to hit a switch, let a machine do the work for me and have good looking product in the end.. Call me a lazy white boy, but if I can have less stress every October and more play time, I’m in..

Yeah they can be a little pricey, but having said that, buying a quality trimmer will last you a good 10-15 years as long as you can still pick the odd parts up to service, plus once you know you have it sat there you can initially then plan for more yield and not have to worry about the time consuming trimming, the little extra money covers a larger scale when you look deeply into it :).

Thanks for all that info..
Yeah after running a couple pounds thru the bowl type trimmer, I could tell it wasn’t for me.. Better for a smaller scale operation and popcorn buds..
I have been researching the drum trimmers. Money not an issue, time is my issue.
An average year consists of minimal 10 pounds of trimming..
My inner circle of trusted people is very small, therefore I’m not looking to have trimming help to my property, nor do I know anyone who wants to sit for hours on end every night trimming bud.
Ultimately, I want to hit a switch, let a machine do the work for me and have good looking product in the end.. Call me a lazy white boy, but if I can have less stress every October and more play time, I’m in..

Yeah ten pounds is a lot of trimming, and the harvest hardly ever waits for a ‘convenient time’ to do it.
I do hope you get time to post a review here of whatever trimmer you eventually use, if you find anything.

Yeah they can be a little pricey, but having said that, buying a quality trimmer will last you a good 10-15 years as long as you can still pick the odd parts up to service, plus once you know you have it sat there you can initially then plan for more yield and not have to worry about the time consuming trimming, the little extra money covers a larger scale when you look deeply into it :).
That’s the way I figure it too my friend.. Unfortunately, it will only get used for a few times every October.. But still, i believe it to be a great investment for my scale..

Back
Top Bottom