Anyone tried those manual bowl trimmers?

MidnightMann

Hey everyone I recently became aware of those manual bowl trimmers that go by many names on sale from 100-200$ on Amazon or eBay. As I am always looking for a way to cut back on the hours of hand trimming I am considering these. From the videos I've watched they seem to do a suitable job as the meds are for personal use. Anyone have any personal experience with these trimmers?? Thx.

Interesting indeed

I just ordered one. I just harvested 4 plants a week ago and almost dried
Pulled two yesterday, and two more in the next week

I'll test it out, I got the ipower 16" one
So I'll have fresh, dry, and older dry to test

Fun fun fun

Interesting indeed

I just ordered one. I just harvested 4 plants a week ago and almost dried
Pulled two yesterday, and two more in the next week

I'll test it out, I got the ipower 16" one
So I'll have fresh, dry, and older dry to test

Fun fun fun
I don’t think you’re supposed to use them on dry buds unless you want to collect a bunch of keif at the bottom.

I don’t think you’re supposed to use them on dry buds unless you want to collect a bunch of keif at the bottom.
Watched some videos

Old dry no, but still curing seemed ok
I didn't trim the last 4 plants very good so will test some of those
The 2 I just pulled will be perfect test cases for it, and of course the next two asssss well

I tend to toss the popcorn buds, so this could be a great option

Plus another toy to play with....lol

Watched some videos

Old dry no, but still curing seemed ok
I didn't trim the last 4 plants very good so will test some of those
The 2 I just pulled will be perfect test cases for it, and of course the next two asssss well

I tend to toss the popcorn buds, so this could be a great option

Plus another toy to play with....lol
Just went and watched some vids on this as well...interested on your experience.

Iv had one of these, terrible in my opinion, doesnt matter how many times you spin them you still end up with a fair amount of leaf left and it actually makes the job twice as hard as the leaves you could of easily snipped off from the start end up being ripped and stringed out.

Another bad thing with them is they use rubber strips to help them turn and they really disturb the trichomes, after your finished your lucky if you have any trichomes left and the bud looks like its been chucked about a room.

So not the greatest in my opinion, the drum trimmers are better as the buds dont jump about as much and you get a more even finish, i believe if your harvesting less than 200oz every 8 weeks i would just hand trim for a much better finish.

I also have a leaf bowl trimmer. I had the same questions as everyone. Let's share some thoughts about it :

- can be used with dry buds (I used it like that). It maybe works even easier when buds are dry as the leaves fall and are cut easier as they are weak after drying

- can't be used with smaller buds. That's the point I wish people had talked about the most. I had seen people saying it would be useful for pop corns but IMO it s definitely not as the pop corn buds are so small they fall through the rack

It helped me a lot in trimming a nasty blue dream that had branches everywhere. However I had to accept that if some nugs were too small they would fall through the rack of the trimmer. So you have to be ready to have some loss. I say loss cause when some bud parts fall into the bowl with all the cut leaves, it will be hard to get them back in all this mess. But if you are used to use trimmings for edibles etc.. it will maybe be perfect as you ll have a nice mix in the bowl.

To summarize , if you have lots of plants, nice buds that are not so small that they could go through the rack of the trimmer, and a bit lazy and accept a bit of loss go for it eyes closed. It s helpful. However if you just have a couple of plants or lots of small buds you d better hand trim.

I have a bowl trimmer and I would expect you to get a lot of varying opinions. Yes they save time, yes they rough up the buds a little, yes it does damage trichomes a little, no it will never do as good of job as hand trimming. I'm sure there are some people who absolutley love it for time saving, other will hate it because the buds are not perfectly trimmed. I would recommend it to people who are sick of trimming. I use mine for all the small buds, trimming main colas still by hand

They are OK to sum it up, does the job not the best but not the worst, just keep it clean and the blades sharp, the rubber arms tend to snap after a bit. I went back to hand trimming after a few grows but it's so time consuming so Iv just bought the electric table top trimmer to try.

Dont get me wrong there not the worst idea in the world i just find if you can spend 13+ weeks on growing the plants, a few hours or days to trim is nothing really for the perfect finish.

Yeah small nugs or buds with foxtails but eventually matured into the nug they will end up coming off too, i think the drum trimmers you can get that large medical grow companies use are the better handless trimmer, the only thing that can get trimmed on them is leaf.

Like I mentioned, I toss most of the popcorn buds

So excited to see how it works for them

Top coloas and main stem buds won't get the trimmer treatment, but the rest will, potentially, if it works

Dont get me wrong there not the worst idea in the world i just find if you can spend 13+ weeks on growing the plants, a few hours or days to trim is nothing really for the perfect finish.

Yeah small nugs or buds with foxtails but eventually matured into the nug they will end up coming off too, i think the drum trimmers you can get that large medical grow companies use are the better handless trimmer, the only thing that can get trimmed on them is leaf.

Yup, that’s me. I grow every once in a while. I absolutely have the time.

If I was doing it for a living in volume, I’d look at this. Not sure if I’d use it.

I have a bowl trimmer and I would expect you to get a lot of varying opinions. Yes they save time, yes they rough up the buds a little, yes it does damage trichomes a little, no it will never do as good of job as hand trimming. I'm sure there are some people who absolutley love it for time saving, other will hate it because the buds are not perfectly trimmed. I would recommend it to people who are sick of trimming. I use mine for all the small buds, trimming main colas still by hand

My small buds just fall trough the rack. Your small buds may be big enough. It does save time and I m glad I bought it. If a good pruning is done too avoid small buds it can be even more interesting to use the bowl trimmer. Regarding the fact they are some not so well trimmed, in my case, I realize if the buds have good shape and not larfy they will be very well trimmed by the trimmer as well

I gotta say, pretty impressed with the ipower bowl trimmer

1st run, some I had hang for three days, and clipped off some popcorn buds I probably wouldn't have done, they would hang for weeks in my "I'll put em in a bag for oil/hash tomorrow" plans

Rd 1

Small bud who's leave got wrapped around the bars, and some tiny ones that got pushed thru the bars

Round two
Different plant with much more leaves still attached

Now I didn't toss any top coloas into it, but for sure processed 1/4-1/2 oz I would not have done

I gotta say, pretty impressed with the ipower bowl trimmer

1st run, some I had hang for three days, and clipped off some popcorn buds I probably wouldn't have done, they would hang for weeks in my "I'll put em in a bag for oil/hash tomorrow" plans

Rd 1

Small bud who's leave got wrapped around the bars, and some tiny ones that got pushed thru the bars

Round two
Different plant with much more leaves still attached

Now I didn't toss any top coloas into it, but for sure processed 1/4-1/2 oz I would not have done

Good job. As you can see some parts inevitably fall thru the bars so if you have a small harvest it can be smokable parts. Otherwise the bowl trimmer is a big time saver!

Good job. As you can see some parts inevitably fall thru the bars so if you have a small harvest it can be smokable parts. Otherwise the bowl trimmer is a big time saver!
Was real easy ta pull those small buds outa the shake

The shake was nice too, I'll be saving it for hash...ya sure I will...

Lol

Back
Top Bottom