Bud Washing

Pulled down the chem and high Brix Agent Orange last night after even the high Brix started showing nanners (60 days vs 50 for the chem strain). Looked and smelled great before washing but the stuff left in the first bucket convinced me it works. I also have a tester branch I cut and washed four days ago. Dry enough to smoke and my high Brix Agent Orange has so many subtle flavors compared to the chem version from last grow.

I will be washing the rest of the girls tonight.

Washed 6 sample branches last night. Seemed to go well. Buds definitely came out cleaner, even though there wasn't too much residue left behind in the bucket. They look brighter. Will smoke some tomorrow for the real test.

You can't let the tissues dry out or you'll lose trichs. Even the next day is risky.

Ya gotta wash right away, either before or after a wet trim.

[Edit] Yeah ... so maybe I'm toasted ... :hmmmm::tokin:

But it doesn't hurt to mention it again ... I guess ...

:bongrip:

Are you not waiting for the bud to cure blaze?

These were just samples Camo. I never quick dry a proper harvest. I will be doing a mini smoke report on the white rhino. If you are at all interested, then jump on over to my journal.

By the way, bud washing definitely does not affect potency. The sample of white rhino I smoked last night was some of the strongest stuff I've ever smoked, and that was just a quick dried lower branch.

Well that's that!
I did one branch...very quickly decided:

NOPE! No way am I even going to bother leaving a nug unwashed!!
SO CRISP coming out of the buckets! I wasn't complaining about the samples I'd tasted so far, but now I can't friggin wait!!!
That's that, 2 plants washed!:yummy::amen:

What I did:
Fist Bucket-
7L RO water @ 100 F
+ 3/8 cup baking soda, dissolved in the water
+ 3/8 cup lemon juice

Second bucket-
7L plain RO water @ 55 F

Third bucket-
19L plain RO water @68 F

20-30 seconds swishing and stirring the water in each pail, then hung up. Took about an hour each plant.
Now I'm going to let them hang and drip for about an hour before I go trimming em, and off to hang in the drying box!
There, they should experience 55-60 F @ 60-70% RH, for what I assume roughly 3 days from what I've been reading here? Prepared for longer. Again tho, CAN NOT WAIT!:drool::drool:

And here's the aftermath. Mostly red hairs, a few leaves, NO SEEDS LOST in the water! I'm sure there's trich's lost but eff that noise. Theres tons on my girls yet and I'm SURE I'm gonna love every single hit of em!

0042467.JPG
0052331.JPG

THANK YOU DOC BUD!!!
:cheer::cheer::thanks::thanks::high-five::thanks::thanks::cheer::cheer:

I'll be adjusting my sig very soon suggesting this and linked here, possibly once I taste it and can confirm what I'm most certain will be the best thing I've ever smoked.

My 4/20 holidays will be most glad I came here to :420: and found the info and people I've stumbled across. THANK YOU KIND FOLKS!!:Namaste:
And season's greeting!

I can honestly say that I can't wait to wash my plants come harvest time. Count me a believer! Just smoked the second sample... it's fantastic. Actually has some flavour, and doesn't burn much. That is exceptional for a bud that has been dried in 24 hours.

Well that's that!
I did one branch...very quickly decided:

NOPE! No way am I even going to bother leaving a nug unwashed!!
SO CRISP coming out of the buckets! I wasn't complaining about the samples I'd tasted so far, but now I can't friggin wait!!!
That's that, 2 plants washed!:yummy::amen:

What I did:
Fist Bucket-
7L RO water @ 100 F
+ 3/8 cup baking soda, dissolved in the water
+ 3/8 cup lemon juice

Second bucket-
7L plain RO water @ 55 F

Third bucket-
19L plain RO water @68 F

20-30 seconds swishing and stirring the water in each pail, then hung up. Took about an hour each plant.
Now I'm going to let them hang and drip for about an hour before I go trimming em, and off to hang in the drying box!
There, they should experience 55-60 F @ 60-70% RH, for what I assume roughly 3 days from what I've been reading here? Prepared for longer. Again tho, CAN NOT WAIT!:drool::drool:

And here's the aftermath. Mostly red hairs, a few leaves, NO SEEDS LOST in the water! I'm sure there's trich's lost but eff that noise. Theres tons on my girls yet and I'm SURE I'm gonna love every single hit of em!

0042467.JPG
0052331.JPG

THANK YOU DOC BUD!!!
:cheer::cheer::thanks::thanks::high-five::thanks::thanks::cheer::cheer:

I'll be adjusting my sig very soon suggesting this and linked here, possibly once I taste it and can confirm what I'm most certain will be the best thing I've ever smoked.

My 4/20 holidays will be most glad I came here to :420: and found the info and people I've stumbled across. THANK YOU KIND FOLKS!!:Namaste:
And season's greeting!

I'm just a little worried about your high rH during the dry. I think I'd want it to dry a day or two before going that cool and moist.

I may have been in a rush, and mis-typed. Or slightly lit. Not entirely sure if I got the number backwards or in all the numbers and last minute checks plus screwy hygrometer....did I mention lit? (oh the samples were plenty and on harvest I feasted on pre-dried snippets...not gonna dip in the jar so much next time)....

Either way, criticism always accepted Doc.
I don't have any real means of controlling the garage RH or temps very tightly, it still gets very cool over night here. It's used for boxed storage not vehicles, so any daytime heat stays out also, stays cool all summer.
I got a radiant oil heater keeping it 65 F in there, according to gauge in room and the one in dry box. 2 separate hygrometers, the "accurate" one reads 55%RH(tested against 3 other little blues), I know the little blue is out by 15-20% depending on temp but it reads 65%.
I wouldn't say good airflow, but it moves in there. no fans or anything but the heater creates an updraft (about 2' away from dry box) so I know it exchanges in the dry box (which is fairly open..re:post #1383).
I adjust RH with a wet paper towel if need.
So far, I've only hung 2-3 twigs at a time sampling, and learning the dry box coming up to harvest today. Since wash and trimmed up the temps in there for the last 4 hrs steady : 65 F 55%RH

If you can think of any other concerns I should have, do tell!:Namaste:

I do believe my only mistake needing major changes, was taking too many samples.
Wild stab in the dark, I figure one girl will net around 1oz, the other close to 1.5oz. I saw the potential of what I had and could no longer justify what I was paying for. AND at those prices.
Bad me, Think I could have come close to 4 total...like reeeeeallly bad me too many samples. I'll have a better idea how MUCH bad me cost in few days....:bigblush::bigblush::oops::shhh::bigblush::bigblush:

Thats 2 bag seed "dragon's" slain, I got one more monster before I get to the princess.

Blather ramble blather blather, mumble.... something about being lit.......

hi guys
I've been reading this thread, i have a question, can i use same lemon/soda mix for day 2 trimmin, it looks fine.
anyone done this?
i used 1 cup expensive "organic" lemon juice and 1 cup B. soda with 5 gals room temp filtered water.

i went crazy putting buds in the wash, but i do believe. i have to trim ALL the leaves before tho, i cant trim dry, killzme

hi guys
I've been reading this thread, i have a question, can i use same lemon/soda mix for day 2 trimmin, it looks fine.
anyone done this?
i used 1 cup expensive "organic" lemon juice and 1 cup B. soda with 5 gals room temp filtered water.

i went crazy putting buds in the wash, but i do believe. i have to trim ALL the leaves before tho, i cant trim dry, killzme

No, do not use the solution for day two. I use the water from the final bucket as the BS/LJ bucket the next day. Fresh lemon and soda each time.

why can't you trim dry? It's so much easier and better and you get washed sugar leaves, which are the best part of the harvest.

hi guys
anyone done this?

welcome dwiajwalb to 420Magazine and budwashing! :)

hi guys
anyone done this?

I remove the major leaves with no or very little trichomes on them before wash and then trim 12-24 hours after washing, it's the same as trimming a freshly cut plant.

I remove the major leaves with no or very little trichomes on them before wash and then trim 12-24 hours after washing, it's the same as trimming a freshly cut plant.

Same here, I trim the big fan leaves then wash.

Except with small yield plants I don't save the trim, so I do a full trim before washing, I often trim the whole plant standing on a table, fully intact with roots still in the soil - for the little plants - then wash :)

No, do not use the solution for day two. I use the water from the final bucket as the BS/LJ bucket the next day. Fresh lemon and soda each time.

why can't you trim dry? It's so much easier and better and you get washed sugar leaves, which are the best part of the harvest.

i did use same BS/LJ bucket, I won't do that again, how long can one keep that solution before need to replace it? every day?
I did several methods some just fan leaves off, some completely. hanging on coat hangers - temp 72-75 - humidly 53-58
i never have put my buds in a paper bag method...you guys do this??
im only getting 10-12 secs underwater per bucket, just cause i'm fracking old and got's chit to do!
dis BAD????
purplegunracks plan is good idea, im try that..

Back
Top Bottom