Bud Washing

All I have on hand are 160 gph pumps. I'll see how that goes. I think that might too much flow, so I'll aim the outlet at the side and make something of a whirlpool and shoot some video as well. My next harvest is in about 4-5 weeks though. I'll post here though, so you'll get notified. I have a USB scope too so I'll get great pics as well.

I trimmed and washed my gorilla buds last night. Now they feel and look beautiful. Thanks for the help :Namaste:
Tomorrow I'll make cobs of most of them, and I'll leave some to dry.
IMG_2711.jpg

Can someone give me a brief explanation of this term "cob"? I know what COBs are in terms of lighting, but cob?? What's that?

I trimmed and washed my gorilla buds last night.
Holy sh*t, those are some gorilla buds alright!! Nicely done :drool::drool:
I just washed and hung some last night too, but I don’t want to show my pictures after yours! It’d be like the guys who had to play after the Beatles. :laugh:

Can someone give me a brief explanation of this term "cob"? I know what COBs are in terms of lighting, but cob?? What's that?

Yes, check the thread dajerm linked to.
Here are my cobs as of yesterday. They're fermenting at the moment.
IMG_2702.jpg

Holy sh*t, those are some gorilla buds alright!! Nicely done :drool::drool:
I just washed and hung some last night too, but I don’t want to show my pictures after yours! It’d be like the guys who had to play after the Beatles. :laugh:

Hahaha, sorry mate, I didn't mean to. Please show your washed buds, they probably taste better than mine...

Hahaha, sorry mate, I didn't mean to. Please show your washed buds, they probably taste better than mine...
Lol, don’t be sorry! Mine are so dinky by comparison, but here’s my freshly washed Mango Kush
3B24157E-55B3-4E5B-AF9D-60E8ED93F204.jpeg6A2D0B2C-FEB2-4464-9B68-C3F07B26BC89.jpeg
I have one more smaller MK to harvest later this week, so glad I got a little practice under my belt.

That's not bad at all, Heavenly. That's a decent yield. I'm pretty sure Mango Kush is tastier than Gorilla, so enjoy that sweet flavour.
I see you use the coat hanger technique as well for drying. That's great! I sometimes put a paper bag, with some holes in it, over the coat hanger and over the buds. Good if you need to block out some light on the buds.

That's not bad at all, Heavenly. That's a decent yield. I'm pretty sure Mango Kush is tastier than Gorilla, so enjoy that sweet flavour.
I see you use the coat hanger technique as well for drying. That's great! I sometimes put a paper bag, with some holes in it, over the coat hanger and over the buds. Good if you need to block out some light on the buds.
Lol, thank you, you are too kind. I love me some gorilla glue! MY next seed purchase will have some GG included. Thank you for the tip with the bag. After it finished dripping, I moved them to my dark grow closet. I’m glad it worked out, because I didn’t know it needed to be in the dark! My light is inside a tent, so it is totally dark in there.

I believe the thread starter was talking about giving the freshly washed buds light if possible for the first day or so. Something about the photosynthesis still going because of the watering. But after that, light will degrade THC in the buds, so they're better dried and stored in the dark.

I believe the thread starter was talking about giving the freshly washed buds light if possible for the first day or so. Something about the photosynthesis still going because of the watering. But after that, light will degrade THC in the buds, so they're better dried and stored in the dark.
Shoot! I do remember seeing that too. I’ll be sure to do that with my next harvest in a few days. :)

hEllo everybody. This is my first post here. I actually read all 107 pages, every post and registered here. I came to this thread because I actually have a little PM problem (never had this issues before). The pm is quite light and I am in week 8 flowering. Think I will cut down in 7-10 days.

I will use the method in doc bud first post.
1. Water with h2o2
2. Water with lemon and baking soda
3. Water
4. Water
All with room temp water. Not sure now if I use ro water.

I had an idea about the pm wash maybe one of u tried it before. What you guys think about using water treated with ozone? Ozone also kills pm and can easy be applied to water with a tube and air stone.
Thanks for sharing any idea about that!

@WhatsupWorld
You probably can use ozone treated water for pm, but it's not really necessary. I had a pretty bad pm problem with a couple of my plants this fall. The h202 wash took care of it. I let the buds soak in the h202 bucket for a minute or so, the dunked them in and out of the h202 bucket a few times. Once I finished washing with all four buckets, the pm was totally removed. This is a pretty good way to clean buds and nothing else is really necessary.

No need for RO water, tap is fine. In fact, chlorinated water will help with contaminates.

I'd recommend warm water (not hot) for the lemon and baking soda wash. :thumb:

I grow generally one pound plants (+/-) and found that for me and my helper, it takes about 30 minutes to chop the plant into appropriate sized branches for wash/hang, and also remove all fan leaves or anything else I don't want to end up in the trim pile. I use 3 totes instead of buckets and have wire shelving above to hang branches over each tote for a brief drip dry to prevent contamination. I move the branches along in this fashion similar to a production line, so I always have some branches in a tote and also branches above dripping to prep for the next stage. All in all, it takes me and a helper about 4 hours to break it down, wash and trim a pound.

Another thing to note, depending the strength of the H2O2 and concentration in the first bucket/tote, the buds can rapidly dry, more so than not washing with H2O2, so be vigilant in monitoring the first dry. H2O2 can shave as much as a day off the first dry. I only did the H2O2 twice when I first started washing years ago, but haven't had the need since, but I do recall finding the buds dried out faster.

Back
Top Bottom