Buds Buddy Does DWC: Critical 2.0 For The 1st Time

The blue hoses are o.k, near the start they might get a touch of green on the inside, so when i do a nute change and if they happen to have a bit of a green color in them, all i do is i have a gun cleaning rod i attach a little cloth on the end and run it up and down a couple of times, then twist the hose at the elbo carefully and let a little water run through and your good. Anything will do with a little cloth attached to the end. if you use black hose you won't see the level and you want to see how much water it is drinking later on in the grow so you can replace when it gets low. :peace:
I have a bottle brush that's small & should work.

Forgot to answer your CalMag question. Get some....liquid or powder, I prefer liquid since my grow is only two sites. As well, you know, from previous grows that these plants are CalMag hogs. I use it every nute change. Additionally, for me it’s the first deficiency that shows up if one does so I have it available just in case.
I've kind of been wondering if I'll even need it. My last grow with MC in FFOF I never used any.

As far as hydroguard and z7 goes they do the same thing, but I prefer hydro guard. I wouldn’t buy their cal-mag product. Most people use botanicare or some other liquid cal-mag,

Question, Hydroguard is made by Botanicare so wouldn’t “their cal/mag product” (assuming their is Hydroguard) be Botanicare Cal/mag? Or did I mistake what you meant here?

Edit: I have MC Cal/mag as a back up but intend to just up the MC if the plants show a cal/mag diff. Except last night I did use some cal/mag because I knew I was doing a water change today and have a mag. diff coming on.

Question, Hydroguard is made by Botanicare so wouldn’t “their cal/mag product” (assuming their is Hydroguard) be Botanicare Cal/mag? Or did I mistake what you meant here?

Edit: I have MC Cal/mag as a back up but intend to just up the MC if the plants show a cal/mag diff. Except last night I did use some cal/mag because I knew I was doing a water change today and have a mag. diff coming on.
No hydro guard is made by botanicare... botanicare is the brand and they have their own cal-mag. There is no cal-mag in the hydroguard... what I use is true plant science oac cal-mag. Yes it’s personal preference with the tape, it was just a suggestion to minimize the algae buildup that forms in those tubes. They need to be cleaned regardless whether you tape them or not, but there useless to me as a water level indicator as I know how much water my plants drinking when I lift the lid. I also use black aquarium tubing for my air pumps so no light penetration there either.
EDIT: I’m sorry phantom, I misread your question, when I said I wouldn’t buy “their cal-mag” I was talking about green leafs cal-mag not botanicare. Hope that clears that up.

B.B. I just started following your journal on DWC and if you don’t mind if I can throw my two cents in. First off you definitely know how to grow cannabis, from your pictures of your last grow. And I like your new green room, super clean. DWC Is the same but it’s like driving a Ferrari instead of a Volkswagen. Everything happens fast, good or bad.
i’m glad to see you changed over to a piston air pump, definitely will get more air. When I start out with rapid root cubes, I always put a small layer of rock on the base of my net pot, then I just make sure I get enough water splashing up onto the bottom layer of the rocks. Before planting I make sure the cubes are nice and moist and cover with rock and mist. Keeps the cubes moist until the roots hit the water, then the race begins.
When it comes to algae in your airlines, I just insert a airline check valve. I change with every grow. $1.00-1.80 works great, no more algae.
Years ago a Grower told me one thing, use the K.I.S.S. method....”keep it simple stoner.”
So the first thing I make sure is I have proper heating and cooling. I have a charcoal filter in the tent and a exhaust fan outside of the tent for heat removal. One oscillating fan inside the tent and a fan that sits on the floor just outside the tent moving air from top tp bottom. I live in the desert and I keep my house at 79 degrees and the tent can get up to 85° inside. As long as I have plenty of air circulation I am happy.
The nutrients I use are of Advanced Nutrients. I use the Gorilla brand . I start off with Root 66 with a low dose of AD for the first month. Root 66 is great for root promotion and keeping those roots white and healthy the first month. I use this from veg all the way through flowering. The only thing I will add is Big Bud and Bud Candy during flowering. Flush with water 10 to 14 days before cutting down.
I use R/O water for my plants. Usually runs around 6.0 PH from my store . Change my buckets out every 2 weeks with fresh nutes. That’s about it. Cut, hang in tent with fan on low for 4-7 days, trim, and burp each day for a month.
88D98E3D-500E-43B0-B6AC-974B6E906E3B.jpeg
3F756E1F-5867-49B0-BE05-858C7AB01C2A.jpeg
2C1B3A96-30FE-4BBB-B654-5B271781E67F.jpeg

Good luck. Will keep following.

EDIT: I’m sorry phantom, I misread your question, when I said I wouldn’t buy “their cal-mag” I was talking about green leafs cal-mag not botanicare. Hope that clears that up.
No worries, I actually went back further and saw that I had missed it in the previous post where GLN was mentioned. :thumb:

Any reason for not liking GLNs cal/mag? I know the chunks/balls are a little hard to dissolve but anything performance-wise you don’t like about it?

No worries, I actually went back further and saw that I had missed it in the previous post where GLN was mentioned. :thumb:

Any reason for not liking GLNs cal/mag? I know the chunks/balls are a little hard to dissolve but anything performance-wise you don’t like about it?
Only because of the nitrogen in it. That’s why I use TPS organic oac cal-mag, it has zero nitrogen. I find adding any nitrogen to megacrops nutrient throws the NPK values out of wack and leads to N toxicity. Honestly you don’t really need to add any cal-mag when using Megacrop, its good stuff and has you covered start to finish with no deficiency as long as you feed properly... Side note, I recently noticed MegaCrop released a 2 part version of their base nutrient.

I only added it last night because I noticed the magnesium deficiency starting and knowing I was going to be doing a water change today. Increasing the MC dosage per their instruction and my grow plan seemed like a waste knowing it would get dumped anyway today. It also afforded me the learning opportunity to correctly identify and specifically treat the deficiency, something I haven’t been able to in the past. I did buy their cal/mag, bud explosion, and sea-k before I realized I was getting their newest version with more of these supplements in it (or so I’ve heard), kind of rendering them useless if you follow their “up the dosage” instructions. I’m actually glad I did buy them though for cases like last night or if something goes really sideways.

I noticed their two part formula but know zero about it.

B.B. I just started following your journal on DWC and if you don’t mind if I can throw my two cents in. First off you definitely know how to grow cannabis, from your pictures of your last grow. And I like your new green room, super clean. DWC Is the same but it’s like driving a Ferrari instead of a Volkswagen. Everything happens fast, good or bad.
i’m glad to see you changed over to a piston air pump, definitely will get more air. When I start out with rapid root cubes, I always put a small layer of rock on the base of my net pot, then I just make sure I get enough water splashing up onto the bottom layer of the rocks. Before planting I make sure the cubes are nice and moist and cover with rock and mist. Keeps the cubes moist until the roots hit the water, then the race begins.
When it comes to algae in your airlines, I just insert a airline check valve. I change with every grow. $1.00-1.80 works great, no more algae.
Years ago a Grower told me one thing, use the K.I.S.S. method....”keep it simple stoner.”
So the first thing I make sure is I have proper heating and cooling. I have a charcoal filter in the tent and a exhaust fan outside of the tent for heat removal. One oscillating fan inside the tent and a fan that sits on the floor just outside the tent moving air from top tp bottom. I live in the desert and I keep my house at 79 degrees and the tent can get up to 85° inside. As long as I have plenty of air circulation I am happy.
The nutrients I use are of Advanced Nutrients. I use the Gorilla brand . I start off with Root 66 with a low dose of AD for the first month. Root 66 is great for root promotion and keeping those roots white and healthy the first month. I use this from veg all the way through flowering. The only thing I will add is Big Bud and Bud Candy during flowering. Flush with water 10 to 14 days before cutting down.
I use R/O water for my plants. Usually runs around 6.0 PH from my store . Change my buckets out every 2 weeks with fresh nutes. That’s about it. Cut, hang in tent with fan on low for 4-7 days, trim, and burp each day for a month.
88D98E3D-500E-43B0-B6AC-974B6E906E3B.jpeg
3F756E1F-5867-49B0-BE05-858C7AB01C2A.jpeg
2C1B3A96-30FE-4BBB-B654-5B271781E67F.jpeg

Good luck. Will keep following.
I believe we have the same growing situation as I'm in the Phoenix area. I was growing in tents but like you said, temps get pretty high. Wasn't bad when I had my house AC running into the tent; but moved so haven't done that this time .... yet. Built a room in the shed instead; which so far is working great.
So what are those 2 plants in the back of the picture ? They've got huge ass leaves like I've never seen.

Don't know what that is ?
Rhizotonic,it’s a root accelerator
I ran it once in pro mix but worked to well and got root bound
When you used mega crop last grow did you ever take readings of your run off?
I’m loving it and everything is looking good but took a reading today and EC was up and so was my ph
Not overly worried since everything is looking great at week 4 flower but never had a high ph reading in run off before

Rhizotonic,it’s a root accelerator
I ran it once in pro mix but worked to well and got root bound
When you used mega crop last grow did you ever take readings of your run off?
I’m loving it and everything is looking good but took a reading today and EC was up and so was my ph
Not overly worried since everything is looking great at week 4 flower but never had a high ph reading in run off before
I did check run off a few times but according to @MrSauga & @InTheShed there's no need to check run off with MC. They said to only worry about pH going in. I did that & it worked out good.
I did have a little problem when I wasn't pH-ing the nutes going in. But that cleared up quickly once I did.

Back
Top Bottom