Buds Buddy Does DWC: Critical 2.0 For The 1st Time

Hi @Buds Buddy We are having a giveaway for our new light SP3000. Are you interested in participating?
Looks like a nice light. Unfortunately I wouldn't have a grow space I could use it in at the moment to do a journal / thread. I sure appreciate the offer. Maybe I'll have a place next time.

Looks like a nice light. Unfortunately I wouldn't have a grow space I could use it in at the moment to do a journal / thread. I sure appreciate the offer. Maybe I'll have a place next time.
That's a shame.I hope you can join us next time. :hug:

Pulled 1.5 gallons out of buckets & replaced with 5.8 Tap Water. pH is 5.8 after testing. ppm is at 348. That dropped pH by 100 ppm. Still seems a little high so I'll probably do another gallon change tonight. Looks like I'll be trying 1 gram MC per gallon when I mix the bucket change.

Wassup Buddy? I stopped getting notifications to this journal for some reason.. I saw you were having problems I could have helped you out with but it looks like you got everything in order now. I’m still here for the ride, if you have any other DWC questions, fire off and ill see if I can help you.
BTW, that gg#4 (I think) plant was a gorgeous monster :thumb:

Pulled 1.5 gallons out of buckets & replaced with 5.8 Tap Water. pH is 5.8 after testing. ppm is at 348. That dropped pH by 100 ppm. Still seems a little high so I'll probably do another gallon change tonight. Looks like I'll be trying 1 gram MC per gallon when I mix the bucket change.
I’ve said before I havnt done dwc but I would think 1G a gal would be fine till you get some roots growing then slowly up it just like setting roots in a cloner setup and keep your plug moist not soaked.
A few guys I’ve followed over the years run dwc and get results I could only dream about but they all start in coco to build roots then wash off and go into net buckets.
Would love to be able to help more but I can only give second hand information that I’ve watched them do

I start in rapid rooter plugs & then move to a DIY mini bubbler, about 1/2 gal. black motel ice buckets, I found at a thrift store. Score! I support the plugs with a foam disk (sized to fit 8" net pot lids) No hydroton used.
20200520_045145.jpg

I start in rapid rooter plugs & then move to a DIY mini bubbler, about 1/2 gal. black motel ice buckets, I found at a thrift store. Score! I support the plugs with a foam disk (sized to fit 8" net pot lids) No hydroton used.
20200520_045145.jpg
Looks like a pretty cool way to do things.

Well I'm going to move everything to the Grow Room / Shed tonight after dark. However, I don't think these 2 plants will make it. They look worse & worse every day & I don't know how to fix this.
Starting to wonder if anyone is getting Alerts as it doesn't seem like I'm getting any answers to most my questions. I do get some answers to things ... but they are usually to the less important things. I'll post a list of questions. If I can get the answers I think I can do this. If not, well ... my battleship is probably sunk. Right now I'm kind of ready to toss these plants & switch over to my Auto Pots & Coco. I feel like everything is going south on this grow.
I'll give it 3 - 5 days to turn around or I'll stop wasting my time with these DWC Buckets & get something to grow the way it should. 16 days in I expect to see 4 nodes at about 6" tall or so.
Especially since they're Auto's. These took 8 - 9 weeks from seed to harvest in Coco last time I grew them. Something is terribly wrong here. 25% of their life is over & they might be 2" tall ... if that.
Anyway, Got my other 2 Buckets made & ready to go so will be putting them in the shed tonight so I can move the net pots out there. A/C is keeping it 73 - 75 F. Haven't checked RH yet.
Well let me post a few questions now that I need answers to for tonight's move to the shed.
1) How much Hydro Guard should I add to 3.5 gallons ? (I put 7 ml. the 1st time but not sure that was correct)
2) What should my ppm be for seedlings ? (min. & max.)
3) What should my EC be for seedlings ? (min. & max.)
4) What can the Bucket Water Temps range between ? min. & max.)
5) What is the Ambient Temp suppose to range between for a DWC room ? (min. & max.)
6) What should the RH range between ? (min. & max.)
7) What should my LUX Meter Read at the Canopy for seedlings ?
***Knowing all these things would probably help. DWC doesn't seem quite as forgiving as soil & coco.***

Young plants I run at 300-350 ppm with 5.8-6.2 PH. RH I like to run above 50% water temps below 72 degrees. Hydroguard will let you run warmer temps but remember the warmer the water is the Less oxygen it can hold. Use the directions on the hydroguard bottle. 300-500 ppfd is great for veg plants.

Young plants I run at 300-350 ppm with 5.8-6.2 PH. RH I like to run above 50% water temps below 72 degrees. Hydroguard will let you run warmer temps but remember the warmer the water is the Less oxygen it can hold. Use the directions on the hydroguard bottle. 300-500 ppfd is great for veg plants.
On the warmer water temps / oxygen ... So if per say the water temp was 75 degrees, would using a larger air pump make up for any of the oxygen loss ? Glad you mentioned this as I forgot to ask about the air. So what size pump is really good for a 5 gallon bucket or to run 2 - 5 gallon buckets ?
I was thinking about hooking up this Nebulizer for an air supply. Thing puts out a lot of air & is only 1/2 as loud. My current pump is 40 liter per min. which is about 10 gallons per min. It bubbles at the top of the buckets but it's no rolling boiling lava type bubbles.

Yeah, bottle says 2 ml. per gallon all the way through the grow so went with that. Not sure what an Enzyme Cleaner is & how or if it effects other things like MC, pH, etc.
Are Hydro Guard & Z7 the same thing ? I see some people use both.
Also, someone mentioned I need Cal Mag with DWC. Someone else said no ... not when using MC.
So far I haven't added any & not sure if I should or shouldn't.
Anyway, Shed is all set up & working. Plants are out there now. God, am I glad to get that air pump out of my room ... lol.
So far my low temp has been 73 & the high 77. RH is steadily climbing since turning on the humidifier. Was at 48% after 2 hours of running. Started at 22%.
Water Temp was 73 even. Did a bucket change with 4 grams MC per 3.5 gallons which brought ppm to 348. I think I'm starting to get things straightened out. Might be too late for these 2 girls though; but I've seen worse bounce back.
Just want to say thanks for helping out. I'm having a bit of a tough time getting started.

Hydroguard will not affect anything. Also you might need cal/mag and you may not your plants will tell you. PM at 348 to start sounds good and hopefully a root start to poke out the bottom of the net pot soon.

Got some pics from last night to post after moving the plants to the grow room. So far, so good.
Temps have stayed between 73 - 77 F & RH is at 45% right now. Actually looking like the plants leaves are starting to uncurl some. Not in the pics as these are from last night. I'll post new ones in a day or two to see if any real improvements. Maybe now that ppm & environment are better I'll see some growth.
Here's the pics ....
7-26.JPG
7-27.JPG
7-28.JPG
7-29.JPG
7-30.JPG
7-31.JPG
7-32.JPG
7-33.JPG
7-34.JPG

Back
Top Bottom