Buds Buddy Does DWC: Critical 2.0 For The 1st Time

Pennywise mentioned above an important fact for this stage.....if your air stones aren’t breaking the surface in a popping boil then it’s not splashing onto the bottom of the net pot and hydroten won’t wick up to you’re riot plugs and small roots. And since you don’t have a top feeder supplying nutes from the top, make sure you check the moisture of the riot plug daily for moisture. If dry then moisten. Don’t want to stunt it from the get go. Sorry been away for the weekend.

How’s you’re dog?

Pennywise mentioned above an important fact for this stage.....if your air stones aren’t breaking the surface in a popping boil then it’s not splashing onto the bottom of the net pot and hydroten won’t wick up to you’re riot plugs and small roots. And since you don’t have a top feeder supplying nutes from the top, make sure you check the moisture of the riot plug daily for moisture. If dry then moisten. Don’t want to stunt it from the get go. Sorry been away for the weekend.

How’s you’re dog?
Just checked the buckets & net pots. Water is bubbling at the top. Stones are wet. Still no roots showing. Plants are moving really slow; yet have started growing their 2nd set of leaves. I'm closing in on 2 weeks & they should be bigger. At least they are when I grow in soil compared to what I'm seeing now.
pH went up to 7.0 over night after the nute change. 6 ml. pH down to get back to 5.8.
Water Temp is 75 F. I have no idea on the water temp I'm shooting for. Care to enlighten me ?
ppm says 478 & EC says 0998. No idea what this EC reading is or what it should be either.
Fill me in please. Let me know if there's anything I need to do.
***Remember : "I'm in Training" Never done this before & don't know what I'm doing."
RH is 40% so far. It will go up over the next couple of days with the humidifier running 24/7.
Tent Temp : 79 F Lights On & 73 F Lights Off.
Thanks in advance for any help & info !

I try to keep my water temp between 65-72, I think anything higher and you could start to have root rot issues. Hydro guard helps with that, so pushing 75 shouldnt cause an issue. I spray the top down with water and have something light colored over the top of the black. This should help lower the water temp and bring up humidity.

I try to keep my water temp between 65-72, I think anything higher and you could start to have root rot issues. Hydro guard helps with that, so pushing 75 shouldnt cause an issue. I spray the top down with water and have something light colored over the top of the black. This should help lower the water temp and bring up humidity.
Not much I can do at this point without hooking my House AC to the tent. Not so sure I want to do that as this shit is so loud it's hell trying to sleep in the same room with it. This is something that needs to be done out in the shed / grow room. Tempted to drop these plugs in soil & see if they survive. These are Auto's so a 2" tall plant in 2 weeks is not good anyway. Should be at least twice this size. Going to try like hell to get the shed going this week so I have a small AC room to grow in.
I have to return to work around the end of the month so I have to complete a bunch of stuff before then. Been a nice vacation so to speak. 1st time in my life I had more than 3 days in a row off & I've been working over 40 years. It was long over due.

Not much I can do at this point without hooking my House AC to the tent. Not so sure I want to do that as this shit is so loud it's hell trying to sleep in the same room with it. This is something that needs to be done out in the shed / grow room. Tempted to drop these plugs in soil & see if they survive. These are Auto's so a 2" tall plant in 2 weeks is not good anyway. Should be at least twice this size. Going to try like hell to get the shed going this week so I have a small AC room to grow in.
I have to return to work around the end of the month so I have to complete a bunch of stuff before then. Been a nice vacation so to speak. 1st time in my life I had more than 3 days in a row off & I've been working over 40 years. It was long over due.
Mad respect for that. Hope you get things done.

In the meantime, is it possible to put a bathroom/kitchen exhaust in that room? Maybe a DIY setup to mount it on the window? Those foam insulation thingies that go under the door and a dual fan setup pushing air in and out to help lower the temps?

He's running into everything. Can't find his food, water, bed, etc. Takes small shaky steps because he's scared. All I can do is try to make him feel safe & secure till we get the surgery done.
Aww, I'm so sorry. You're a great owner it sounds like. I have a bichon
He's running into everything. Can't find his food, water, bed, etc. Takes small shaky steps because he's scared. All I can do is try to make him feel safe & secure till we get the surgery done.
Aww, so sorry, poor buddy. I have a Bichon Shih Tzu mix whose having similar issues. You sound like a great owner, though. Puppy prayers for the both of you!

This is an email I recieved from Advanced Nutrients:
The pH Perfect base nutrient has some specific ingredients( chelates, surfactants, amino acids as well as buffers) that increase the pH spectrum to continue the plants ability to absorb nutrients between 4.0 and 8.0 pH without the concern of having to re-adjust the pH so many times, like you would have to with a simple salt formula. You should use a water supply Tap water )providing the ppm value is no more than 150 ppm otherwise you may want to consider using RO water ( which normally has a 0 ppm level.) As far as adjusting pH it is not necessary, the additives will do the work for you. If you have any other questions or concerns please call our Growers Support line at 800-640-9605 as we will be happy to help in any way possible.

Regards

Growers Support

BB, I’m running similar temps tent/reservoir-wise for my rdwc (I do have a DIY chiller running that has been decreasing the temperature slowly). I just transferred my clones in the system Sunday so it’s too early to tell how things are going to go. The clones did come out of my cloner that ran around 80-83F (89F when I pulled them out :oops::eek:) water and 89-95F ambient air temps the entire time (not located in an ideal spot) but I had zero issues with root rot or anything of that sort using Hydroguard. I’m also waiting for my Z7 to come in to use as well. The clones were in the cloner for like a month without a water change and 2’ long roots while I assembled my rdwc.

What does this all mean? I have no idea :rofl: I’m still green like you so I have no expert advice only what I’ve experienced so far. Is my setup ideal? I’m sure there’s people who think it’s far from it but it’s been working for me I’m not going to fret over it.

*Edit - went to wrap some wet towels around the coil of pipe inside my diy chiller to help cool it even more and found out I only had the fridge set for 50%, so 100% it went to.

I noticed you have used Advanced Nutrients in the past. I only mention because you don't have to be as concerned with PH, when using their stuff. (As I understand it)
I think AN is way over rated. Also cost's 10 times more to use. I got way bigger yields with Mega Crop. I wont be returning to AN. It's not quite as pH perfect as it sounds either. Seems I was always adjusting it.

Been out working on the Grow Room all morning. Fans & Filters & Next light Mega are up & ready.
I'll get her finished up tomorrow & hopefully do a test run tomorrow night without plants. If all is good the DWC Buckets will move out there & I'll do 1 or 2 plants in soil indoors for now. Once the Auto's in DWC get close to flower I'll start the Auto Pots up in the shed. This sounds like the best way to go to me.
Anyway, these plants have barely started putting roots out the bottom of the plugs. Maybe 1/4" long roots. Stones are damp & plug is moist.

Well today these plants aren't looking too good. Not sure if it's too much light or too strong of nutes or maybe not getting enough water to the roots ? Hydroton looks moist through the bottom 1/2 of the net pot. I've been wetting the plug once per day with 15 ml. of nutes right from the buckets. I've pH'd to 5.8 daily. Has been rising to 6.3 every day. ppm says about 450 so I think I may be too strong. That's 2 grams of MC per gallon. I'm thinking I need to go down to 1 gram per gallon .... Thoughts ???
Here's what I'm seeing leaf wise. (2 pics of each)
7-16.JPG
7-17.JPG
7-18.JPG
7-19.JPG

If I can get to the bottom of the plant issue I may be putting them in the shed tomorrow. It's done ... I think. It's in test mode at the moment. A/C running, light on timer, etc. Make sure it all works as planned before I move the plants out there.
Here's a few pics of it.
7-21.JPG
7-22.JPG
7-23.JPG
7-24.JPG
7-25.JPG

If the roots are out of the rooter start with you’re 15mil around the rooter on the hydroten. It’s fine to get it on the edges but need to ween it off and start the roots searching for nutrition. I agree, back nutes back down.

450 ppm is more than I start with. Mines usually around 300 ppm
So to adjust this would I just remove about 1 gallon from the buckets & refill with plain 5.8 pH water & then check ppm ? Or do I mix a fresh bucket already ? Only been 3 days since last bucket change.

Back
Top Bottom