Buds Buddy Does DWC: Critical 2.0 For The 1st Time

59F92D55-3473-4620-9ABC-FFEEC82E1533.png
59F92D55-3473-4620-9ABC-FFEEC82E1533.png

Well I'm sitting here bored so my mind is wandering. Mostly thinking about these DWC Buckets.
As I sit here I wonder how do you do bucket changes once the plants get big ? Do you have to raise your lights all the time to get enough clearance ? How do you do LST in a DWC Bucket ? All you have to tie things to is the lid. Once the roots grow out of the net pots I'm suppose to keep the water 1" - 2" below the net pot. I'm wondering why that is; because "Don't the roots end up sitting in the water eventually ?" Hey man, I think this is some good shit .... LOL. I better smoke another one just to make sure ... ya know what I mean ?

Running an air stone in my nute mix would jump my ph from 5.8 to 7 the next day and never worked a way around it.
Was told it was just my water supply having a strong buffer in it but doesn’t do it when I don’t run an air stone.
I’ve never tried dwc so can’t chime in on it other than my experience with what happens in my res
hope ya smash this grow like ya last one:thumb:

The external 90 degree elbow thru the grommet with hose attached (Nutrient level hose) is where I drain and I fill through the top of the hydroten. Yes it’s cramped when under a scrog. I attach a inline small pump to the Nute hose and pull out the solution to bucket to speed things up and reverse it to fill but this time thru the top as mentioned.

The external 90 degree elbow thru the grommet with hose attached (Nutrient level hose) is where I drain and I fill through the top of the hydroten. Yes it’s cramped when under a scrog. I attach a inline small pump to the Nute hose and pull out the solution to bucket to speed things up and reverse it to fill but this time thru the top as mentioned.
I think I know why people use flood & drain tables now. These Bucket changes are going to be a PITA. Kind of hard to drain a bucket thru the site tube if the buckets are on the floor & there isn't room to put the buckets on something high enough to make draining them easy.
Couldn't I just pull the airline off the pump & pull the bucket from the tent & just swap out the bucket full of old nutes with a bucket full of new nutes. I mean take the lid off one bucket & put it on the next ? Or would this cause root problems ? Not sure if 1 minute of light on the roots once a week would cause issues or not. I see people take pics of Hydro Root Balls ... but I don't know if they were taken when they were getting ready to harvest or during their grows.

You could do that, if you have a scrog on it will be difficult to accomplish that way. I just pull from the site tube as you call it. No issues. It’s the main reason most don’t continue with DWC but once you get in the routine it’s a non issue with most. The benefits out way the negatives in my mind. It’s fun and challenging.

You could do that, if you have a scrog on it will be difficult to accomplish that way. I just pull from the site tube as you call it. No issues. It’s the main reason most don’t continue with DWC but once you get in the routine it’s a non issue with most. The benefits out way the negatives in my mind. It’s fun and challenging.
I can see how Bucket changes & daily pH checks & topping buckets & watching water temps could easily turn people off. For this to be worth the hassle a plant needs to pull a pound each. Otherwise it's too much work for the return on it. I can pull 10 - 12 oz. in soil feeding every 2 - 3 days so it has to top that for me to do it twice. Maybe it will get easier as I go along .... not sure.
So I'll try to keep an open mind until I finish the grow. I'm going to have to change the way the air line goes in the buckets for sure. I don't like the hose going through the net pot because it lifts the stone out of the bucket & makes a mess every time I check pH. Going to drill a hole in the top of the bucket for the air line to go through so the stone stays in the bucket when I take the lid off. Site tube kits are suppose to be here today so I'll drill that hole when I install the new tubes.

Plants are 8 days old today but still quite small. Hope the roots get to the bottom of the net pots soon so I can see some vigorous growth to get excited about ... lol. I'll post pics regularly once that happens ... but it's kind of boring at the moment.
I've been trying to order seeds for 2 days now. These seed banks say they take Visa so you go through the hassle of searching through 500 seeds for what you want & when you get to check out they wont take Visa. I refuse to use Bitcoin ever again. Every time I buy that crap I lose 1/2 my money waiting 2 weeks before I'm allowed to spend it per Bitcoin rules. Seeds end up costing me double. Cash in the mail ... not a chance I'll ever do that. It has to be by credit card only for me.
Know of any place to get seeds with a Visa card guys ?

I think they were the ones who said they weren't shipping to the U.S. at this time. I pm'd all the seed sponsors to see what they say so hopefully I'll find one.
They are BUT my order from April 26 is just arriving today if that tells you anything.

O.k, I'm in Canada, Also you could try the Vault just heard they were now accepting credit cards from Can,not sure about U.S and i see they have one of the kinds you were looking for. :peace:

Hey bud, we're growing similar strains so I wanted to show you this. My critical purple was coming up with a ph-derrived Mag def. even though the ph was still 6.3, which is tolerable for some plants
So I changed the res today and trained it into a quadline. hopefully its not too much stress on it.
Hope you're doing well.
Plants are 8 days old today but still quite small. Hope the roots get to the bottom of the net pots soon so I can see some vigorous growth to get excited about ... lol. I'll post pics regularly once that happens ... but it's kind of boring at the moment.
I've been trying to order seeds for 2 days now. These seed banks say they take Visa so you go through the hassle of searching through 500 seeds for what you want & when you get to check out they wont take Visa. I refuse to use Bitcoin ever again. Every time I buy that crap I lose 1/2 my money waiting 2 weeks before I'm allowed to spend it per Bitcoin rules. Seeds end up costing me double. Cash in the mail ... not a chance I'll ever do that. It has to be by credit card only for me.
Know of any place to get seeds with a Visa card guys ?
I'm in a very similar payment situation and I also live in the U.S.
try new420guy, you can pay with Paypal or venmo or cashapp. he has a lot of payment options and its located in the U.S. also try growers choice in Colorado. takes longer and they have a smaller selection but higher quality seeds and testing. I think both breeders are located in CO.

OK, So I just finished Trimming up my Afghan Kush so I'll post a few pics. Any guesses on a Dry Weight ?
I'll cut & hang her tonight when I put the GG in the closet for her 36 hours of dark time. For some reason my bathroom gets 5 - 6 degrees cooler then the rest of the house so I've been doing my dark time in the linen closet. It's about 71 - 72 F in there.
12-Afghan.JPG
13-Afghan.JPG
14-Afghan.JPG
11-Afghan.JPG
Beautiful

Not sure if 1 minute of light on the roots once a week would cause issues or not. I see people take pics of Hydro Root Balls ... but I don't know if they were taken when they were getting ready to harvest or during their grows.
Lucky for you, I am attracted to roots for some odd reason so I've been taking pics throughout my grow. :rofl: I'll only show one plant I don't want to spam :rofl:
the first two photos are 5 days apart, the second and third photo are 10 days apart.
I sometimes leave to buckets open on accident. the roots really don't mind light its the water you should be worried about, because it's such a great environment to grow in, algae can start to grow if your res gets light and that can throw off a bunch of stuff.

O.k, I'm in Canada, Also you could try the Vault just heard they were now accepting credit cards from Can,not sure about U.S and i see they have one of the kinds you were looking for. :peace:
Yeah, they have 2 of the ones I want. Only Canada Visa customers. Tried them yesterday.

Hey bud, we're growing similar strains so I wanted to show you this. My critical purple was coming up with a ph-derrived Mag def. even though the ph was still 6.3, which is tolerable for some plants
So I changed the res today and trained it into a quadline. hopefully its not too much stress on it.
Hope you're doing well.

I'm in a very similar payment situation and I also live in the U.S.
try new420guy, you can pay with Paypal or venmo or cashapp. he has a lot of payment options and its located in the U.S. also try growers choice in Colorado. takes longer and they have a smaller selection but higher quality seeds and testing. I think both breeders are located in CO.
That would work as I have PayPal linked to my bank account.

Back
Top Bottom