Burmese Kush - CFL - First Time

Subbed, Im growing with CFL as well currently got 2 lights on my plant atm. 1 35watt blue light and 1 23 watt warm light they are within and inch of the plant with no ill effects staying short and bushy so far :)

Your little girls are looking good and healthy

Welsh, your Widow looks great, and at a very low cost of electricity.
I stand by my statements that in a house at 78' (25c) I can't put the bulbs that close.
I'm running at 82' and 45% humidity now, which are my max numbers, but I didn't see any extra growth after moving the plants 2" closer...
I can't believe its still 90 out in November... (F)

The little ones are looking good id say they are around the same size as my widow, you got to do whats best for you and your babies though.

I am thinking about a light rig like you've got for later on. I got some more bulbs coming soon another 35 watt 6400k and a 35 watt 2700k, should be enough for a good veg. Though im thinking about mounting it vertically to get an even spread of light top to bottom (when it gets bigger)

DSCN34023.JPG
DSCN34033.JPG
DSCN34011.JPG

BUKU Day 11

I took a shot of the cool mist humidifier and 6" fan I have in the room.

Also hooked up an LED light today. Got it used cheap :)

That thing hurts my eyes. It was hard to position it with the V8 over head.

Probably should have bought a grow tent...

It is a 90 watt veg/flower/UV/IR light that uses 60 watts. I only hooked it up just now, but maybe in a couple days I will see better or worse growth on the plant it is nearest to (15" from closest leaf)

I hope to repot to 8 gallon as soon as the soil dries out in current pots. Those will be the final containers. I might end up getting a tent at some point, too. We'll see.

DSCN34064.JPG
DSCN34075.JPG
DSCN34101.JPG
DSCN34093.JPG
DSCN34084.JPG

Day 12

Repotted in 8 gal buckets (might be 5, not 100% sure...) 11" bottom trays.

Used Vermifire organic soil, 1/4 tsp miracle grow quick start, 5 drops superthrive, and 1 gal distilled water per pot.

I just hooked up a second LED.

My eyes see the plant that was under the led all day look darker, but that led really messes with my eyes and has dark red light.

DSCN34184.JPG
DSCN34175.JPG
DSCN34131.JPG
DSCN34144.JPG

BUKU day 14

3 plants

Indoor grow with 8 - 23w cfls on plant C and 90w LED on plant A and B (60 watts actual draw per LED)

I am seeing that the light green plant C under the CFL has 7 leaves on the 3rd set. Plants A and B have 5.

Everything looks healthy. Using Vermifire organic potting mix.

I had to rearrange the room a bit. Temps are up to 86 and leaves were curling up. Had to direct the fan out of the room, right on to the whole house AC controller, which is set at 76.

Have to leave the door of the room open and force hot air out of the room. The room is 10' x 10' or so.

Also put 2 2300K bulbs in the V8 after fixing a short to one of the fixtures. I want to see if that will darken the plant.

DSCN34243.JPG
DSCN34251.JPG
DSCN34232.JPG

Day 15

Labeled A B C not sure if you can see it.

Growing a little every day.

Getting some new leaves on the "nodes" I think. Not sure of all the terminology.

I felt like light was not getting to the lower sections so I added a cfl to the LEDs, pushed them closer together, and added reflective material to 2 sides. Fan still blows out the door of the room. The LEDs claim to pierce the canopy, but how?

The CFL plant C (the one with the ruler) has more lights and more spread out, and already had reflective material.

All plants seem perfectly healthy and nearly identical in growth. All organic soil. Only nutes were 1 serving of MG Quick Start at like 1/10 strength with a couple drops of superthrive. That was about 4 days ago, just to reduce shock.

Definetly some flying insects. I saw one brown one. Maybe a gnat.

I put some fly papers around the plants.

Must be the strong smell from the organic soil and that I left the door open a few days because of heat problems.

The top of the soil is fairly dry.

I also plan to soak some insecticide for a house in a towel and lay that on a plate in the room.

Hoping not to use neem oil. I usually kill or damage plants when I use it.

Trying not to spray the plants, but will consider spraying a flying insect killer in the air around the plants. Might kill em without much contact with the plants.

I cranked up the fans in the room. Hopefully that will not stress the plants and will also force the insects to fly and get caught in the fly paper or go away.

The door is now shut.

Any thoughts?

Insect Warfare has begun

Although I am not even 100% sure what I am seeing.

I felt like I saw a small brown fly and a small white spec on a few leaves.

Here is a pic. I have the fly papers hanging down, the plate with a paper towel that I sprayed Ortho flying insect killer on, and I also sprayed some on a old shirt (just a little) and I put a bowl of soapy water in there.

With the door closed, if felt like a jungle when I opened the door.

When I shake the plants, I cannot be sure if I see nothing or little steaks of something...

Those LEDs really mess my poor eyes up.

The fans are still on full.

DSCN34361.JPG

BUKU Day 16.

No more holes in leaves. No more flying things from what I can see.

The upped fans seem to help the growth!

However, heat is up to a constant 86 with the door shut... Sometimes a little higher.

Also, I am running a full 400 watts of lights. I should just use a HID at this point...

These LEDs and CFLs are really warm... Added a few more to the LED section to help the undergrowth.

Might be overdoing something, but I am happy with the growth. The stems look like they are shedding...

DSCN34413.JPG
DSCN34392.JPG
DSCN34382.JPG
DSCN34374.JPG

BUKU Day 17

Watered all 3 pots today with 4 gallons of tap water treated to 6.5 ph.

1.33 gal per pot. They were only half dry.

This was my first time watering with tap. I feel like plant A is showing the best growth, but C and B are happy, too!

They must be fine with the 86' heat.

BUKU is a hybrid, but never specifies what % indica and satvia. I am seeing now that they are short and bushy with wider leaves
DSCN34492.JPG
DSCN34502.JPG
DSCN34481.JPG
DSCN34472.JPG
. I hear other people say they stretch and get real tall in flower. Just planning ahead, as I want short plants.

BUKU Day 18

I left the door open today. Between that keeping temps down, fresh water yesterday, and no pests, I am happy with the growth.

Since this is my first grow, I do not want to "top", FIM, or LST if possible. I will be happy with a smaller harvest if I risk less of a grower error.

The plant is on its 6th node. I hope to put them in flower in a week. 2 at most.

I can't tell if the pungent odor in my house is the organic soil, the plants, the fly paper, or a combo.

The darker and lighter plants are all the same color. Just the lights make them appear different.

DSCN34554.JPG
DSCN34545.JPG
DSCN34534.JPG
DSCN34524.JPG
DSCN34513.JPG

Hey 1ofaKind,
Looks good though one thing did kind of catch my eye but not completely sure if it is what I am seeing or not. Bad eyes myself and all. How high above the plants is your LED? While they do not generate the heat from the light like HIDs they will heat stress your plants if to close since they are like a concentrated dosage of light. I run mine 14 to 18 inches away from my plants unless I am looking for more coverage. I am noticing, and perhaps it is an illusion a little bowing up around the edges of your leaves like they are creating a cup of sort. That can be an indicator they are getting heat stressed. You may want to bump your light up a few inches. Other than that everything looks pretty darn nice. Your ladies look lovely.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom