Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & DWCt, White Widow Max

re: Acers Closet Garden - Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & SH Deep Water Culture unit, White Widow Max

Dr Dan,

Thanks for the great explanation about adding nutes!! Your answer makes alot of sense and I will adopt it.

I wish I had someone make up my mind for me what to eat at a buffet because everytime I go to one I make terrible food decisions!! Even when the good food is replaced.

About the left rear plant. Couldn't I take a clone just before flowering in about 10 days?

Thanks for your help!!

re: Acers Closet Garden - Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & SH Deep Water Culture unit, White Widow Max

I know you switched set ups but i already read the whole journal. So great job. With LED's they can touch the glass and be fine, so its more of the footprint of the light you're looking for, not the height from the plants. As for the dude that said you can bleach plants with LED, never have I ever seen that and I've seen plants squished against the glass. With 90watts idk if its possible. Another thing those leds have a 90 degree viewing angle if i remember correctly. The best thing for the coverage would be to angle them slightly in towards eachother to get a better blend of the spectrums. like /\ if that makes any sense. Another thing, to keep the quality of your chiller and such i would either replace the tubes with a black one or somehow cover it in electrical tape or something. Light would hit the tubes and fill them with funk. (not fun to clean). Other than that im heading over to your hps journal. as for 90w led = 400w hid.... so far from the results i've seen from irishboy and other grows, it seems watt for watt is about what ya get. However I believe the potency is higher in LED. Good Growing and happy smokin!

I know you switched set ups but i already read the whole journal. So great job. With LED's they can touch the glass and be fine, so its more of the footprint of the light you're looking for, not the height from the plants. As for the dude that said you can bleach plants with LED, never have I ever seen that and I've seen plants squished against the glass. With 90watts idk if its possible. Another thing those leds have a 90 degree viewing angle if i remember correctly. The best thing for the coverage would be to angle them slightly in towards eachother to get a better blend of the spectrums. like /\ if that makes any sense. Another thing, to keep the quality of your chiller and such i would either replace the tubes with a black one or somehow cover it in electrical tape or something. Light would hit the tubes and fill them with funk. (not fun to clean). Other than that im heading over to your hps journal. as for 90w led = 400w hid.... so far from the results i've seen from irishboy and other grows, it seems watt for watt is about what ya get. However I believe the potency is higher in LED. Good Growing and happy smokin!

Hello Krhyme,

This is the 2nd grow with the LED's and for this cabinet I couldn't think of any other light to use. I did notice this grow that if I angle and move the lights closer I can get all areas good intense light.
I think I can grow two good size plants with the LED's and fill out this cabinet very well.

I am expanding my grow because I realized with 5 strong plants, there is not enough room with this set up or in this cabinet.

Rosemans tutorial said the same thing about the set up. However, I seem to like to learn the hard way!!

Also, I need to grow enough for my family and the cabinet won't cut it alone.

I am just having alot of fun growing and learning.

This is my hobby so I am ok with experimenting and trying out different ideas.

As for potency in the LED's. I hope you are right!! I really do!! It will be interesting to see.

This might be very interesting.....at least for me!!!!

:wood:

cool man keep posting and i'll add my two cents. I'm an ex LED grower lol. Really loved them until, like you i needed to support the fam and found that the coverage wasn't good enough for what i needed. I could only grow spear shaped colas because the bottoms would need to be lollipopped because the penetration wasn't intense enough. Ebb and flow table, so a little different.

cool man keep posting and i'll add my two cents. I'm an ex LED grower lol. Really loved them until, like you i needed to support the fam and found that the coverage wasn't good enough for what i needed. I could only grow spear shaped colas because the bottoms would need to be lollipopped because the penetration wasn't intense enough. Ebb and flow table, so a little different.

So what are you growing with now?

Ok!!! It has been a long two days!!!!

Whew!!!

SG's plane broke down so he could fly over to my island.

Anyways..... My equiptment came and I have to admit I was very confused. Thank God for internet and 420Magazine.com!!! I was able to go over his awesome Pineapple Chunk Grow and look at his set up pics!!! I think I did a good job.

Here are my girls before the move.

7-23-10_007.JPG

Here is my new tent

011251.JPG

Here is my handywork for ventilation. For being candidate for president I think I did a great job!!

001439.JPG

Here is how the Girls look in the LED stealth cab.

007334.JPG

Here is how they look in the new tent!!!

012215.JPG

With the AC ducted into my grow area. I am getting great temps compared to the cabinet.

006342.JPG

Please tell me if I have the lights at the proper height.

014192.JPG

Anyways...... It has been several hours since the move and the girls seem to enjoy the extra room.

on all plants I am very close in the range...

My PH is at 6
My PPH is a 1000

I do have a question about the Journal.

I WILL CONTINUE THIS JOURNAL!!!

I want to start a separate journal with my tent.

Do you think I am wrong in having 2 journals or should I combine and have one.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

BTW....Tthis is my second grow and my first grow with the Deep Water Culture system and I cannot believe how well the Deep Water Culture Unit Worked. All my plant are extemely healthy!!

SG's plane broke down so he could Not fly over to my island.

( i need proof read my posts!)

:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:
Ok!!! It has been a long two days!!!!

Whew!!!

Anyways..... My equiptment came and I have to admit I was very confused. Thank God for internet and 420Magazine.com!!! I was able to go over his awesome Pineapple Chunk Grow and look at his set up pics!!! I think I did a good job.

Here are my girls before the move.

7-23-10_007.JPG

Here is my new tent

011251.JPG

Here is my handywork for ventilation. For being candidate for president I think I did a great job!!

001439.JPG

Here is how the Girls look in the LED stealth cab.

007334.JPG

Here is how they look in the new tent!!!

012215.JPG

With the AC ducted into my grow area. I am getting great temps compared to the cabinet.

006342.JPG

Please tell me if I have the lights at the proper height.

014192.JPG

Anyways...... It has been several hours since the move and the girls seem to enjoy the extra room.

on all plants I am very close in the range...

My PH is at 6
My PPH is a 1000

I do have a question about the Journal.

I WILL CONTINUE THIS JOURNAL!!!

I want to start a separate journal with my tent.

Do you think I am wrong in having 2 journals or should I combine and have one.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

BTW....Tthis is my second grow and my first grow with the Deep Water Culture system and I cannot believe how well the Deep Water Culture Unit Worked. All my plant are extemely healthy!!

:goodjob::thumb: Way to go on the set up. The girls look like they are lovin life.:cheer:
If you are continuing to grow 2 of the 5 in the LED setup, I would say do two seperate journals, that is if you have the time and all for 2 of them at the same time. Just make sure you post the link to the other journal here or add it to your sig.:popcorn:
As for the lights, hold your hand palm down at the tops of your plants under the light. If your hand isn't hot or uncomfortable after a minute there, you are ok. Since it is air cooled, you should be able to get the light inches from the tops. I could get my 1k lights 3 inches away without burning, just decreases coverage too much so I keep mine around 6-8 inches from the tops (the glass that is). Hope that is of some help. The tent looks awsome!

:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

:goodjob::thumb: Way to go on the set up. The girls look like they are lovin life.:cheer:
If you are continuing to grow 2 of the 5 in the LED setup, I would say do two seperate journals, that is if you have the time and all for 2 of them at the same time. Just make sure you post the link to the other journal here or add it to your sig.:popcorn:
As for the lights, hold your hand palm down at the tops of your plants under the light. If your hand isn't hot or uncomfortable after a minute there, you are ok. Since it is air cooled, you should be able to get the light inches from the tops. I could get my 1k lights 3 inches away without burning, just decreases coverage too much so I keep mine around 6-8 inches from the tops (the glass that is). Hope that is of some help. The tent looks awsome!

Dr Dan!!

Thanks for the advise of the lamps. After hearing how you handle the light height and temp. I can move them alot closer!!! :rocker:

I am going to start my new Journal today!!

Thanks,

Looks great man! Notice any growth so far?

SG

Yes!!! The crowded middle rear plant is really taking off in the new tent!!!! The plants in the Cabinet are loving it too without all the competition for light!!

I am totally STOKED!!!!

Thanks for all your help!!

Thanks Green007,

I hope you show up on my other journal too!!:slide:

Acer's Girls need room to grow...White Widow-Black Tent DWC Buckets

What strain is it?
White Widow Max is New improved version of White Widow. With a THC content of well over 20%, White Widow Max seeds are of exceptional quality and will yield more as well as producing more consistent plants than the White Widow original. White Widow Max produces large crystalline buds and grows well indoor or hydroponically. Comes highly recommended. Truly premium marijuana seeds.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? 3 weeks veg

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Hydro

Size of light? 400 HPS for Veg and 600 HPS for flower

Is it aircooled? YES

Temp of Room/cab? 75 to 80 degs

RH of Room/cab? 45%

Type and strength of ferts used? Using GH 2 part floranova and floralicious. also Bot Sweet Grape till I run out then I will go to Molasses.

I will change my nutes every 7 days.

This grow started with my First Grow Journal.
Cabinet & Tent, Buckets & DWCt, White Widow Max

I bought the Deep Water Culture unit and ran out of room.

I knew with 5 strong plants I was going to have a crowding issue.

I had to find a way to expand my grow area.

The solution was a 3x3 grow tent that fits perfectly in my closet.
I was fortunate enough to run into an old friend Sanibel Green. When I saw what he had going on with those PINEAPPLE CHUNK PLANTS!!! I was sold on the system he has going.

He was kind enough to see what I had to work with and made a list of items for me to get and here we are!!!

Thanks SG!!!

011251.JPG

Here is the venting.

001439.JPG

Nice cool cab temps compared to cabinet

006342.JPG

Here are the plants in thier new tent home. These plants are 24 days from seed.

003439.JPG

The one in front was getting the most crowded in the cabinet. She is really enjoying life now!!!

OK!!!

The girls I left behind in the cabinet are LOVING IT!!! Now they can spread their leaves and grow!!!!

I think these two will do well together in the RV!!

005396.JPG

From Some reason my new journal with the tent is not showing up on the Journals in Progress.

Is there a limit on how many journals you can post?

I am pretty sure it is ok as long as you are growing something :)

SG

Back
Top Bottom