Canada Guy's Medical Fusion Grow

You now have about 10 days until you have 1 month old seedlings :)

What is the plan on starting new seeds? One month after the first ones? Two months after the first ones?
Will you take clones in 6 weeks?
Or are you going to only grow one set of plants (at a time) from start to finish?

I don't exactly have a plan yet, I can only have 8 plants indoors at any time so I'm almost at the limit now. I would like to clone the biggest baddest one and maybe make her into a mother, but I'm unsure. I don't really want to grow all winter so I'm hoping I can get a decent harvest with what I have growing now. If for some reason things change, I would like to have a perpetual grow with many different strains.

Yo CG another little hack for the winter...

A little fan blowing the warmth from the MH down onto the plants. Like the others I got a couple deg C out of this.

420-magazine-mobile254311882.jpg

I like that idea an it never occurred to me to do this lol

Day 21

It's picture day! 3 weeks have flown by. The girls are doing well, will need water tomorrow. LSD #2 is very strange, she does not look like her 2 siblings and she doesn't grow like them either. Also she looks almost Purple near the newest growth! Very strange. Diesels 3 and 4 are still behind, at this point I am more focused on keeping the biggest girls happy, so if the light goes up then Diesel 3 and Diesel 4 can reach for the sky!

The ladies.

420-magazine-mobile625942384.jpg

Diesel #1

420-magazine-mobile306717275.jpg

Diesel #2

420-magazine-mobile832200603.jpg

Diesel #3

420-magazine-mobile1469546256.jpg

Diesel #4

420-magazine-mobile1749868123.jpg

LSD #1

420-magazine-mobile255672930.jpg

LSD #2

420-magazine-mobile773452064.jpg

LSD #2 close up

420-magazine-mobile719326046.jpg

LSD #3

420-magazine-mobile1871049117.jpg

Side shot of the group

420-magazine-mobile502572799.jpg

Thanks for following along.

Day 22

Today LSD #1 and Diesel #2 got topped. Something is very strange with LSD #3, maybe someone can help identify what is going on. From the side it looks normal, from the top it's almost normal, and a close up reveals something I have never personally seen with a cannabis plant. Everyone got watered and fed, and I just realized I've been giving Nutes at half strength.

The girls

420-magazine-mobile985560385.jpg

Diesel #2

420-magazine-mobile39277384.jpg

LSD #1

420-magazine-mobile1844875791.jpg

LSD #3 (looks normal)

420-magazine-mobile1211684567.jpg

LSD #3 (top view, notice no new nodes)

420-magazine-mobile1298614741.jpg

LSD #3 (close up, ummm wtf)

420-magazine-mobile2076241346.jpg

Thanks for following along guys. By the way I'm not a pro, so if u guys notice something wrong with my plants before I do please feel free to let me know.

Diesel #2

420-magazine-mobile39277384.jpg

LSD #3 (close up, ummm wtf)

420-magazine-mobile2076241346.jpg

Thanks for following along guys. By the way I'm not a pro, so if u guys notice something wrong with my plants before I do please feel free to let me know.

LSD #3 is quite interesting in a circus sideshow kind of way. It seems like the two top leaves have grown together. There are probably leaves trying to grow inside the tube formed where they meet. If this were my plant, I'd cut those two conjoined leaves apart with a razor - right along the mid-line facing the camera - from the top down to that pale 'teardrop' above the calyx/bump. Then the same cut on the back side.

You are obviously doing things very much right, Diesel #2 still has happy baby cotyledon leaves :)

I've not seen this before either, but genetic oddities like triple leaves instead of double leaves sort themselves out after a few nodes. My guess is this one will too.

- - -

Just a thought about the power of words.

In this post reply I suggested medical (surgical) changes to correct apparently fused leaves

and the thread is named "Medical Fusion Grow."

Just a thought about the power of words.

In this post reply I suggested medical (surgical) changes to correct apparently fused leaves

and the thread is named "Medical Fusion Grow."

That is really clever! I think I will let nature do its thing and see what happens to her. Obviously if she is in distress I'll intervene.

Day 23

Everything is going well today, I may raise my light a bit this weekend. The girls are recovering from their procedure, they did very well and will not even remember that 4th node in a few weeks time. I think by Monday a couple more can get topped. LSD #2 is finally starting to grow a bit, she is on to her second set of leaves finally. We had talked several weeks ago regarding training for this grow, I think rather than a scrog I will do heavy LST and make wide flat bushy plants. Kind of like an army buzz cut. What do you guys think? My reasoning is that I want to be able to access and move them if I really need to. And during summer I could put them outside for some free light and save a couple bucks not running the MH.

The ladies

420-magazine-mobile1830124158.jpg

Hey CG all caught up and subbed in to share the fun! Glad our ladies are close in age and we in the same province!

They all look so healthy!

:goodjob:

im kinda glad you are ahead of me so i can take some tips! I think when i pot up ill go with the same soil you are using. When you potted up what size was your pot 1G? 3G? is it better to do more or less transplants?

Someone told me that the stress from transplanted makes the plant stronger and starting in the final pot size is bad bc of that...i thought starting in the final pot was bad just for over watering??

Anyways happy we got a bunch of CND med growers!!

Hey CG all caught up and subbed in to share the fun! Glad our ladies are close in age and we in the same province!

They all look so healthy!

:goodjob:

im kinda glad you are ahead of me so i can take some tips! I think when i pot up ill go with the same soil you are using. When you potted up what size was your pot 1G? 3G? is it better to do more or less transplants?

Someone told me that the stress from transplanted makes the plant stronger and starting in the final pot size is bad bc of that...i thought starting in the final pot was bad just for over watering??

Anyways happy we got a bunch of CND med growers!!

Welcome LDReDD! Happy to have you here. My pot is a cheapie 8 inch pot from Walmart. It's the equivalent of 1 gallon. Less transplants is better, but going straight to the final pot the roots won't get to spread like when you up pot. I only up pot two, max 3 times. Solo cup, to 1 gallon, to 3 gallon, and I may go up to 5 gallon on the final one. My soil is super basic because I'm using bottled Nutes, you may want to add ammendments to your soil depending on how you grow.

CG being able to acess and move the plants is key for me. I'll be adding/removing plants to the flower tent monthly, and I cant do the bend/reach thing. For this reason I'm going to stick with LST over scrog until I come up with a design I like for individual scrog nets to fit 3 gallon pots. Radogast just gave a nice turorial over on my thread. Come check it out

I am very familiar with LST. I only top my plants once and I use binder clips on the edge of the pot or the catch pan and tie down the branches until the side shoots come up. Then it's a daily battle adjusting so everything is even, being careful to not break you main cola 2 weeks before flipping to flower. Lol, I did that!

Update

Diesel #1 is showing good growth so she got topped this morning.

Diesel #1

420-magazine-mobile1742272560.jpg

Be wary of that diesel lol, mine exploded in growth during flower. Honestly I didn't think I veg' long enough but once she switched to flower she went nuts. If space is an issue just be wary lol. U can check out mine in my journal if u wana see I'll even post pre flower pic so u can compare the 2. Also they stretch for 3-4 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom