Cannabis Rezination

Oh brother they look great! And those pheasant! I haven't seen them in years. We had em everywhere. Now they stopped trapping I think there's more predators on them.
The pheasant population here has rebounded after farmers began to not mow around the fields. The birds will not rest in the rows of crops. I hear tell (hillbilly rumor control) that they will set up house in a nice patch of cannabis. Not seen it myself.

Ahoy There!
The four Northern Lights and one GSC have been in drought for three days now. We fully anticipate all the girls going the full 11 days of drought considering the strains. Both NL & GSC have proven to be ideal candidates for drought application. The cookies is on her way to being a Cannabis Queen. I know there are a lot of bogus cookies on the US market, but if you can get ahold of some... mine come from the crew in southern oregon. solid genetics

We hope to be bringing a new gardener into our 420 magazine family, I have extended her an invitation. :love:

Glad to be here. Maybe I can learn some things.
The folks here on 420 are really cool about helping each other out. There are a lot of great threads on all phases of propagation. If you have specific questions you can simply start a thread and ask. Of course you can always jump my thread anytime. The same motto of there is no dumb question still applies here. Ask away.

Talk soon, time for the dogs ride in the country. :hookah:

Hi RetiredRN, good to have you aboard.
Hi Stone,
Our friend @RetiredRN has some questions about our practices and I hoped she could meet someone as talented as yourself. I am more in tune with my crazy studies and do not feel my gardening skills are adequate to make recommendation's.
The lady is smart as we could expect from a registered nurse, so I am confident you could have her tending dank in no time. :love:

Garden Update;
Day 4 of post meja drought and the leaf wilt angles are just beginning to show measurable LWA. The trichome patterns have manifested the entire petiole indicating the lamina patterns next will stack and rails will also form. This is best examined at X20 or higher. I will grab some scope shots in a few.

This is gonna break 30% rosin returns, or I will kiss your grass. :hookah:

All this foreplay is killing me! Keep talking!
Been having very bad time in germination - lost about 10 seeds - generally have at least 95% germination rate, have use ALL germination methods ?? been cultivating for many years !!!! Help !!!! what can use /do to help germination rates ? have heard of people using Superthrive, ect and an acid ( forget name of - starts with a "G") have even lined a small match box with sandpaper (160 grit) and shake seed for 1 minute to break seed shell. ANY INFORMATION WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED -=- hELP

Been having very bad time in germination - lost about 10 seeds - generally have at least 95% germination rate, have use ALL germination methods ?? been cultivating for many years !!!! Help !!!! what can use /do to help germination rates ? have heard of people using Superthrive, ect and an acid ( forget name of - starts with a "G") have even lined a small match box with sandpaper (160 grit) and shake seed for 1 minute to break seed shell. ANY INFORMATION WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED -=- hELP
Ahoy @safeman ,
We recently had success with stubborn seeds using a willow brass on the waterboard. just sayin :hookah:

In the event you have not prepared any willow brass you could try this as an extreme measure.
Take an uncoated aspirin tablet and crunch it up into a fine powder. Then mist slightly the powder and wait about 24 hours. The aspirin when moistened will degenerate into a rough form of SA salic acid. Add the SA to a mister bottle and spray your rag or paper towel that is the waterboard. Best of luck :love:

Not to make light of your situation Safeman, but any of us who have been doing this a while have been in that situation a time or two. I know how it can really make a gardener second guess their methods, their sanity, and even their place in the universe. I find the germination of seeds to be the most stressful time of the grow... I actually dread it.

I have found that simpler is best. I simply dunk my seeds in water until I see them split or get small tails, generally in about 24 hours. Then I plant them 1 inch deep, pointy end down, and keep them warm and lit at 18/6. 99% of the time, mother nature figures things out and the plants pop to the surface. Then it is up to me to keep them going... and that is another story.

Don't beat yourself up... it happens. Dust yourself off, trust the process, and make them grow!

Hi safeman, germing can be tough. I think so anyway. I can tell you what I do lately. I use tap water from my well in a glass and soak seeds until they crack, usually 24 hours. Then I soak a mixture of my living organic soil and Canadian peat 50/50 mix in the same water until it's got a good all around wetness, not so wet it stays balled up in your hand when squeezed. It should fall into a few pieces in your palm. That goes into solo cups with drainage holes cut in bottom. I take a skewer and make a hole 1/2 to 3/4 inch deep wide enough to drop the seed in, the width of a pencil say. Seed goes in and carefully covered with soil that has only fine pieces in it, no big pieces of pearlite. I carefully water the whole cup to runoff.

That goes under the light at medium distance, 400 to 600 PAR if you have a meter 18/6 light time, maybe 16/8. I might use a seedling heat pad at 80 F if it's cold in the room. I spray the soil for a couple of seconds every morning and evening until I see a shoot then make sure the cup doesn't dry from there out by dribbling drops around the seedling. The watering tutorial for watering a seedling in my signature below is one to read at this time. That's it I think, good luck safeman! Hope this shined a light for you. I got 8 for 8 last week using this method.

Back
Top Bottom