Cannabis Rezination

Ahoy Maritimer! We had a drought period here a couple of weeks ago. They hang sweet and gooey today. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm! You're going to have to invent a grinder that can handle this stuff.
I have been lately using my Ardent unit to decarb the bud. I did that so I can consume the bud too, but I find when I use it in the Dynavap that it doesn't need grinding and can instead just be crumbled. I haven't really worked out whether decarbing first before vaping actually contributes something extra or not.
I bought a new grinder recently which I didn't read the blurb properly where it said it was slimline and easy to put in the pocket, for which I had no use for as who the hell walks around with a grinder in their pocket, surely you'd pre-grind some first. It reminds me of school days where we'd joke if we kept a magnet in our pocket we could attract the girls with braces! So anyway I found the downside to that was being a slim unit it is a PITA to keep a grip on it with 2 hands when grinding, and the stickier the buds are the harder it is to keep a good grip on the unit. Ah well, you live and learn, but never mind it still does the job. :lot-o-toke:

It reminds me of school days where we'd joke if we kept a magnet in our pocket we could attract the girls with braces! :lot-o-toke:
Brother, I am glad I hadn't heard of this. I would have gone thru school with a 15 pound magnet strapped to my underwear. Then again, my back might have grown proper and I wouldn't hurt so much nowadays.

Hey, I wonder ... :bongrip:

I have been lately using my Ardent unit to decarb the bud. I did that so I can consume the bud too, but I find when I use it in the Dynavap that it doesn't need grinding and can instead just be crumbled. I haven't really worked out whether decarbing first before vaping actually contributes something extra or not.
I bought a new grinder recently which I didn't read the blurb properly where it said it was slimline and easy to put in the pocket, for which I had no use for as who the hell walks around with a grinder in their pocket, surely you'd pre-grind some first. It reminds me of school days where we'd joke if we kept a magnet in our pocket we could attract the girls with braces! So anyway I found the downside to that was being a slim unit it is a PITA to keep a grip on it with 2 hands when grinding, and the stickier the buds are the harder it is to keep a good grip on the unit. Ah well, you live and learn, but never mind it still does the job. :lot-o-toke:
Well, I have a Dynavap and and Ardent too. :thumb:
All the cool kids have these.

I took delivery last week of some hops and valerian root to help with sleeping.
I'm thinking a weed, valerian and hops, oil infusion in the Ardent.

Hops and weed are related and both make terpenes.
The hops do work and I've been making night time drinks and have a hops/lavander pillow.
There are old stories about the hop pickers falling asleep on the job.

Too sticky to grind. Nice problem to have!

Ahoy There!
The crew of Northern Lights is fit and healthy. The tagalong GSC is shaping up to be a special lady. Perhaps the extra doses of Chopin we pipe down to her is lending some culture. Threw in some Stained for the homeostasis. Balance ya know.

The girls are all hitting the Mega Crop like its candy. 30% higher than recommended concentrations each fertigation. Running 6 mg potassium silicate to help slow her roll. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. They were not talking about my photography, but I try. :love:

I am excited to think what these girls will produce in about one month. :hookah:
Wanna make it Snowy Northern Lights

Straw Hat notes;
Running different ideas about how to go about increasing the concentration of a solution without compromising the base. Put differently, I want to take a brass and reduce it into a powder, then reconstitute the powder back into a solution. The directions in my alchemist thinking involve heat. The list of foreseeable difficulties is easily populated with a variety of why it wont work prepositions. Aye!

a sealed beaker with dual ports, one s.o.v. ported to ambient pressure, the other to a positive pressure source. while heating beaker containing the solution apply positive pressure to one side of beaker seal opposite the ambient pressure port. as the temperature of the solution rises the formation of vapors becomes evident. slowly restrict the outflow air on the ambient port, this will raise the pressure while maintaining temperature inside the beaker allowing for a finer evaporation of the solution.

gonna take a few rips from the rig and reread this :hookah:

Hi All,

These 4 Stardawgs will get a light trim and then have another week of Veg before the flip.
2 are in solid pots and 2 are in a type of smart pot called a Hercules pot.

The plan is

A - Hercules pot gets drought only
B - Hercules pot gets meja and drought
C - Solid pot gets meja only
D - Solid pot gets standard growing and no stress
1 week before, free trim.jpg

Straw Hat notes;
Running different ideas about how to go about increasing the concentration of a solution without compromising the base. Put differently, I want to take a brass and reduce it into a powder, then reconstitute the powder back into a solution. The directions in my alchemist thinking involve heat. The list of foreseeable difficulties is easily populated with a variety of why it wont work prepositions. Aye!

a sealed beaker with dual ports, one s.o.v. ported to ambient pressure, the other to a positive pressure source. while heating beaker containing the solution apply positive pressure to one side of beaker seal opposite the ambient pressure port. as the temperature of the solution rises the formation of vapors becomes evident. slowly restrict the outflow air on the ambient port, this will raise the pressure while maintaining temperature inside the beaker allowing for a finer evaporation of the solution.

gonna take a few rips from the rig and reread this :hookah:
What are you trying to achieve here?
Is it to increase the loading of a solid into a liquid?
Remember that water will take a higher temperature to boil if you pressurize it.
I'm working on a problem currently where I want to make a vapour.

I'm looking at vacuum which should make it become more volatile at lower pressures and also heat.
Also on the agenda is a nitrogen bubbler system.
Finally, I'm looking at an ultrasonic transducer.

Transducer.jpg

What are you trying to achieve here?
Is it to increase the loading of a solid into a liquid?
Remember that water will take a higher temperature to boil if you pressurize it.
I'm working on a problem currently where I want to make a vapour.

I'm looking at vacuum which should make it become more volatile at lower pressures and also heat.
Also on the agenda is a nitrogen bubbler system.
Finally, I'm looking at an ultrasonic transducer.

Transducer.jpg
Ahoy Sir,
My goal is to take 100 ml of my American Sycamore Brass and evaporate the water molecules without losing too much of the ABA floating around in the water. Once the residue dries fully into a film coating I will scrape out the powder. When the powder has been refined and weighed properly I will introduce it to some 150 ppm meja reshaping the foliar antagonization spray that will be used in a separate study.

My beaker thoughts are in line with some previous fun I have had while playing the alchemist. I think my long eared brother @DonkeyDick once referred to me as such. How funny! Anyhow, I am hoping under pressure the process might be a more pure evaporation of H2O but not ABA.

btw your plants look happy :love:

Ahoy Sir,
My goal is to take 100 ml of my American Sycamore Brass and evaporate the water molecules without losing too much of the ABA floating around in the water. Once the residue dries fully into a film coating I will scrape out the powder. When the powder has been refined and weighed properly I will introduce it to some 150 ppm meja reshaping the foliar antagonization spray that will be used in a separate study.

My beaker thoughts are in line with some previous fun I have had while playing the alchemist. I think my long eared brother @DonkeyDick once referred to me as such. How funny! Anyhow, I am hoping under pressure the process might be a more pure evaporation of H2O but not ABA.

btw your plants look happy :love:

If it is a liquid in a liquid, then you will be able to boil the water off, if the water is the lowest boiling temp.
Or, distil it off if the water has a higher boiling temp.

You'll know when you've reached one of these points because the temperature won't change until that fraction has all been evaporated off.

E.g. water in oil will sit at 100C until all the water is boiled off before rising in temperature.

I use a magnetic stirrer hotplate for all this stuff.

If it is a solid dispersed in water, you should be able to evaporate the water off with a little heat like making salt .
Maybe a lowish temperature in the oven would suit.

I did a little trim and then a top dressing of blood, fish and bone.
These are under LED and go to 12/12 next week.

Merck says that the melting temperature for abscisic acid is 161C and says that it a colourless crystal.

I'd try evaporating at a temp over 100C until all the water has gone and see what you're left with.
Even leaving it out to evaporate under a breeze or next to the hot water tank.

Pressurising will mean you'll need a higher temperature to boil the water off.
The vapour pressure curve shows that water boils at a lower temperatures under lower pressure.

You've got 60C difference to play with.

Ahoy There!
The events of a few nights ago answer some of my potency questions about cannabis edibles. Tasted just like candy watermelon gummies, with only a hint at a different taste. Ate two of the cuties and decided an hour later to eat a couple more.

Next morning wife texts me from her work asking me if I know where her comb is. I think a minute and sort of remember being down in the jacuzzi room... cutting my hair with a pair of scissors. I reach up to feel my hair and the oh shit feeling comes over me. Only bits and pieces of what was my Steven Segal old man with long hair look.

No idea what gave me the notion... none.
note to self..
(These concentrates are to be taken more serious.)

Ahoy There!
The events of a few nights ago answer some of my potency questions about cannabis edibles. Tasted just like candy watermelon gummies, with only a hint at a different taste. Ate two of the cuties and decided an hour later to eat a couple more.

Next morning wife texts me from her work asking me if I know where her comb is. I think a minute and sort of remember being down in the jacuzzi room... cutting my hair with a pair of scissors. I reach up to feel my hair and the oh shit feeling comes over me. Only bits and pieces of what was my Steven Segal old man with long hair look.

No idea what gave me the notion... none.
note to self..
(These concentrates are to be taken more serious.)
We had barber day here last week. Ms Otter had me cut her hair. There's nothing more frightening than that! I believe I'm titled Mr Otter around the salon now.

Straw Hat notes;
A shout out to the Admiral @Desormais who was very helpful with ideas relating to my harvesting of ABA.

My original idea involved a sealed beaker as I strove for a sanitary and pure evaporation of the water in our brass. The practical reality along with some lab equipment constraints have us reporting a new strategy. We are using one of the big Pyrex cooking dishes covered with a fine 112 silk that should keep the contamination to a minimum.

We used a similar approach when we tried this on 100 ml of brass and had success. So now I am evaporating off a quart. I want to harvest as much of the powder as possible. I want to introduce the ABA concentrate along with the MeJA at the beginning of week Six.

The Plan:
The foliar antagonization of the ABA pathways thru exogenous application will be met with a rapid rise in ABA levels throughout the entire organism. Rising levels of ABA are what occurs naturally in cannabis exposed to droughts. The longer the drought, the higher levels of ABA will concert with the JA pathways and the production of essential oils will be noticeably greater. These are the same JA pathways the MeJA directly antagonizes. The JA pathways are what tells the organism to make (synthesize) essential oils in effort to protect the florescence. The genetic code for survival of the cannabis species prioritizes the reproductive responsibilities of both male and female cultivars.

This of course would be our plan, wherein we hope to stimulate the extra oil production of a drought without droughting the plant. This would be greatly beneficial to many of the secondary metabolites we loose during a prolonged drought. We have noticed the droughted flowers are super stony, but very little in the ways of smell. The original Caplan thesis proved that only THC and CBD increased noticeably during a drought while other cannabinoids were not. What they may have missed is that drought causes a loss of many terpines and serpines and that stuff. So my goal is to simulate the drought and get the extra oil without giving up the terps. Easy peasy !

It is the plants job to protect her flowers, it is our job too encourage her to do so. :love: :hookah:

Straw Hat notes;
A shout out to the Admiral @Desormais who was very helpful with ideas relating to my harvesting of ABA.

My original idea involved a sealed beaker as I strove for a sanitary and pure evaporation of the water in our brass. The practical reality along with some lab equipment constraints have us reporting a new strategy. We are using one of the big Pyrex cooking dishes covered with a fine 112 silk that should keep the contamination to a minimum.

We used a similar approach when we tried this on 100 ml of brass and had success. So now I am evaporating off a quart. I want to harvest as much of the powder as possible. I want to introduce the ABA concentrate along with the MeJA at the beginning of week Six.

The Plan:
The foliar antagonization of the ABA pathways thru exogenous application will be met with a rapid rise in ABA levels throughout the entire organism. Rising levels of ABA are what occurs naturally in cannabis exposed to droughts. The longer the drought, the higher levels of ABA will concert with the JA pathways and the production of essential oils will be noticeably greater. These are the same JA pathways the MeJA directly antagonizes. The JA pathways are what tells the organism to make (synthesize) essential oils in effort to protect the florescence. The genetic code for survival of the cannabis species prioritizes the reproductive responsibilities of both male and female cultivars.

This of course would be our plan, wherein we hope to stimulate the extra oil production of a drought without droughting the plant. This would be greatly beneficial to many of the secondary metabolites we loose during a prolonged drought. We have noticed the droughted flowers are super stony, but very little in the ways of smell. The original Caplan thesis proved that only THC and CBD increased noticeably during a drought while other cannabinoids were not. What they may have missed is that drought causes a loss of many terpines and serpines and that stuff. So my goal is to simulate the drought and get the extra oil without giving up the terps. Easy peasy !

It is the plants job to protect her flowers, it is our job too encourage her to do so. :love: :hookah:
That's good science there Maritimer. I found yet another terp enhancer last grow. It's the most notable bump in terp flavor yet. A new flowering amendment. Might be interesting to you what happened. Godfather OG: Pinkman Goo Meets Nextlight Mega! White Rhino's Cheer!

Straw Hat notes;

The Plan:

I have a normal english Sycamore in my garden but it is too high for me to get to the leaves or the shoots.
I might have to see what I can do depending on your results.

What are the best parts of the tree to take and when is the best time?
I've read some abstracts referring to the tips of shoots.

and you are then just soaking in water?

Drought is never a problem in my part of the world.

I have a normal english Sycamore in my garden but it is too high for me to get to the leaves or the shoots.
I might have to see what I can do depending on your results.

What are the best parts of the tree to take and when is the best time?
I've read some abstracts referring to the tips of shoots.

and you are then just soaking in water?

Drought is never a problem in my part of the world.
The production of collectable ABA is best taken from mature leaves after a long hot summer. Even after senescence occurs and the leaves fall to your basket. The powder forms on the lamina of mature leaves forming small rings around the stomata's. To me this is an obvious part of transpiration. The hotter and dryer the summer the more powder will be produced.

Collecting young bark and shoots (that in your case requires a lift) is usually associated with rooting brass, and then we are looking for SA. I prefer all my rooting brass from willow leaves and skin. If no willow grows in your parts of the world, red cabbage will also make a fine brass, but just taking longer to ferment.

To me this is the fun part of cannaresearch. And too finally be an old Hippie. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom