Cannabis Rezination

The production of collectable ABA is best taken from mature leaves after a long hot summer. Even after senescence occurs and the leaves fall to your basket. The powder forms on the lamina of mature leaves forming small rings around the stomata's. To me this is an obvious part of transpiration. The hotter and dryer the summer the more powder will be produced.

Collecting young bark and shoots (that in your case requires a lift) is usually associated with rooting brass, and then we are looking for SA. I prefer all my rooting brass from willow leaves and skin. If no willow grows in your parts of the world, red cabbage will also make a fine brass, but just taking longer to ferment.

To me this is the fun part of cannaresearch. And too finally be an old Hippie. :peace:
Mmmm long hot dry summers.
I think we had one of those in 2003 and then again in 1976.

How much yield do you get from a kg of leaves?
and the answer to that will say if this is cheap or not?

Whilst searching around, I found this, which has some nice pics of the effects on grapes.

So, is the theory that it increases yield, makes the plant finish quicker or both?

I'm still unsure of how and when to apply ABA.

I flipped my plants into flower last night.
When we say meja in week 7, that is days 42 to 49? and then we drought 7 days after that?

Mmmm long hot dry summers.
I think we had one of those in 2003 and then again in 1976.

How much yield do you get from a kg of leaves?
and the answer to that will say if this is cheap or not?

Whilst searching around, I found this, which has some nice pics of the effects on grapes.

So, is the theory that it increases yield, makes the plant finish quicker or both?

I'm still unsure of how and when to apply ABA.

I flipped my plants into flower last night.
When we say meja in week 7, that is days 42 to 49? and then we drought 7 days after that?
Hi D,
I have no clue how much 1 kg of leaves will yield. And that would change from one summer to the next. The ABA can be sourced from several suppliers, I am just trying to be @Pennywise and not spend money I don't have.

I do not mean to confuse folks. The ABA in my studies is being used as an antagonist that triggers a drought response in cannabis even if the plant is not in drought. As the ABA levels rise the plant will go about maximizing essential oil production. This provides the increase in yield.

The MeJA in my studies is used as an antagonist that triggers a cannabis plants defenses that are used to repel insect attacks. The MeJA triggers the JA pathways and the plant responds by maximizing essential oil production. This provides increase in yield.

The MeJA I apply beginning week six of flower
The drought I begin the seventh week of flower lasting up to 11 days.

You may find better arrangements as this kind of research is only just beginning.
Go get em Admiral :love:

Ahoy @Desormais ,
Your research, bringing to focus legalized plant studies, and extrapolating what can or could apply to cannabis reminds me of me. I hope you are smarter than me, and can drive this research as my time in a lab coat is mostly in my past. LOL... To be honest I have never had a lab coat. Just sayin

Again I will point out that rose gardeners have amazing amounts of research relating to essential oil production that is ripe for your extrapolations. Abstracts galore too scan for bit and pieces of info, then compile stuff together drawing assumptions to be verified thru your study.

Before you know it they will be calling you a scientist.
Or like me, a data miner. :hookah:

Ahoy @Desormais ,
Your research, bringing to focus legalized plant studies, and extrapolating what can or could apply to cannabis reminds me of me. I hope you are smarter than me, and can drive this research as my time in a lab coat is mostly in my past. LOL... To be honest I have never had a lab coat. Just sayin

Again I will point out that rose gardeners have amazing amounts of research relating to essential oil production that is ripe for your extrapolations. Abstracts galore too scan for bit and pieces of info, then compile stuff together drawing assumptions to be verified thru your study.

Before you know it they will be calling you a scientist.
Or like me, a data miner. :hookah:
I am a scientist, but this is not my field.
This is one of mine.
Too many people involved in this project for me to be identified.

I am a scientist, but this is not my field.
That was before we met. :hookah:
If you catch hold of what we are doing here, your science life will never be the same.
No way to walk away, once you start getting close.
Find the pathways and help millions feel better.
Taking medicinal cannabis and tripling the medicinal value.
The closer you get, the less sleep you will get.

Ahoy There!
The entire crew of four Northern Lights and one Girl Scout Cookie begins the Sixth week of flower today, and now all have now been treated with MeJA @ 150 ppm. Because the whole crew was taking the hormonal shower we did not have to worry about overspray, so I let them have it.

The smell from the spray is fantastic. :love:

What do we do with meja and drought when we have a variety that finishes after 8 weeks of flowering compared with one that finishes after 10 weeks?
Unless you have a clone and the mothers bloom phase was documented @ around 10 weeks you cannot be sure you will have a long bloom. Most all long bloom strains have phenotypes that flower quicker. I think your best bet is to always apply the agitation at the start of week 6 and simply hold back the drought for another week if she indeed is a late bloom.

The next run of Northern Lights X Stankberry will be a MeJA only rezination and the plants will not be droughted. The ABA we are collecting will also be blended into the foliar spray. All this is attempting to fake a drought. The combination of rising ABA levels signaling a shortage of water, and JA pathway antagonization via exogenously applied MeJA signaling an insect attack will hopefully be enough to trigger the defensive response we want.

Starting to think this @faux Drought is gonna work. :hookah:

Ahoy There!
This here is a shout out for @StoneOtter and @Van Stank.
Very happy to tell you guys that the Stankberry I ran came out great. A lady friend of mine who suffers terribly has informed me the medicine we made her from the Stank has made the last few nights of sleep seem like a dream too her. She has petitioned me to put more Stank in the future lineups. We will accommodate her as best we can. Poor dear is stage 4 and will be lucky (as we all will) to be with us next turn.

But thanks guys. This lady is a gem. :love:

Ahoy There!
This here is a shout out for @StoneOtter and @Van Stank.
Very happy to tell you guys that the Stankberry I ran came out great. A lady friend of mine who suffers terribly has informed me the medicine we made her from the Stank has made the last few nights of sleep seem like a dream too her. She has petitioned me to put more Stank in the future lineups. We will accommodate her as best we can. Poor dear is stage 4 and will be lucky (as we all will) to be with us next turn.

But thanks guys. This lady is a gem. :love:
:green_heart:

Ahoy There!
This might tell folks how slow I am in ways, but I still get where I'm going. I have been a devout Mega Crop user since I got turned on too a coupon for a free sample. Every time the shipping costs are about 1/3 of the costs. Just dawned on me that I am an Amazon Prime member, and I can get the same bags of plant chow with free shipping.
It just seems kinda odd to be able to use a third party and get it cheaper and faster.
AmaLizard :hookah:

From a friend who sprayed one of his Stardawgs with the meja I gave him.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Him - The plant sprayed with meja didn’t have any more THC than the other plants- but- it’s got a really nice taste and i think it’s stronger!

Me - Interesting. Keep smoking and let me know. So, you never saw any extra trichomes visually, but maybe more THC in the trichomes?

Him - Yeah, it’s lovely mate, it’s different from the other girls, I would deffo use on my next crop
It’s like a totally different strain? Like something I didn’t grow lol

Ahoy,
Went up to the VA hospital in Chicago for a test on my back nerves yesterday that they warned be would be uncomfortable. I have had an EMG before, but not since my triple decompression surgery a couple years ago.

Absolutely the most painful experience I can recall. Over and over, again and again. Two and a half hours.
Got home, hit the jacuzzi and FECO... 12 hours later I am sore but back in the game.

Never again...

From a friend who sprayed one of his Stardawgs with the meja I gave him.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Him - The plant sprayed with meja didn’t have any more THC than the other plants- but- it’s got a really nice taste and i think it’s stronger!

Me - Interesting. Keep smoking and let me know. So, you never saw any extra trichomes visually, but maybe more THC in the trichomes?

Him - Yeah, it’s lovely mate, it’s different from the other girls, I would deffo use on my next crop
It’s like a totally different strain? Like something I didn’t grow lol
Ahoy Admiral Desormais

Good Sir,
Your mate has produced positive feedback and from what I can tell his taste buds are spot on in that the flavor is affected. The line when he stated "I would deffo use on my next crop" tells gardeners around the world that something's up. We do not tend to these gifts from the creator for four months without exercising a generous amount of caution as to what gets sprayed on them.

Tell your mate we say Thank You, and if he is a wagering fellow I will put a pile behind my claim that he has more THC than if he had not treated that cultivar. just sayin :love:

Ahoy Admiral Desormais

Good Sir,
Your mate has produced positive feedback and from what I can tell his taste buds are spot on in that the flavor is affected. The line when he stated "I would deffo use on my next crop" tells gardeners around the world that something's up. We do not tend to these gifts from the creator for four months without exercising a generous amount of caution as to what gets sprayed on them.

Tell your mate we say Thank You, and if he is a wagering fellow I will put a pile behind my claim that he has more THC than if he had not treated that cultivar. just sayin :love:
He is an old school grower and toker.

I asked again and he says "deffo more THC"

I believe him and his palate ,because I have been making oils ever stronger to try and have an effect on him.

On checking the notes I downloaded from Power Grown, they say to spray in the 4th/5th weeks of flower.

I gave him the mixture when he was in week 6.

For you Admiral, it is week 6 for meja and week 7 for drought, yes ?

I came across another concoction call Boom Boom Spray from Bio Tabs after watching a UK grower on youtube called 'UK Master Kush'

Any thoughts on it?

On checking the notes I downloaded from Power Grown, they say to spray in the 4th/5th weeks of flower.

I gave him the mixture when he was in week 6.

For you Admiral, it is week 6 for meja and week 7 for drought, yes ?

I came across another concoction call Boom Boom Spray from Bio Tabs after watching a UK grower on youtube called 'UK Master Kush'

Any thoughts on it?
PG says to spray MeJA in 4/5 week of flower ?
They may know something I don't about the product.

What I am sure of is that when the plant is attacked she will use all available resources to protect the flowers. The trade off would come in yield I suppose. She is not growing bigger buds when she is fending off insects or dealing with a drought. I hold off too week 6 giving the fluorescence's time to grow bigger and fatter. my take on it, lots of ideas

Boom Boom they say. I am skeptical. LOL

Back
Top Bottom