CannaDad's First Grow - Vero COB LED

Hey man. Glad you enjoy hydro, to each their own.

Im loving Docs kit and the quality of buds i see people grow despite a learning curve is insane. The highest grade of Crystal covered organic goodness, check out any highbrix grow. I was a hydro guy but if my harvest is anything like ive seen in all the other high brix journals then there will be no going back. I have a small cab where highbrix wont work and will keep to synthetics there but if i could i would be growing all Grade A hibrix weed. Its also a lot easier at least for me then hydro ever was. Hydro is constant work, hibrix you put in some work up front then relax. Its also less expensive to most hydro lineups

No offence but all that sounds like a heck of a lot of trouble even for a relitivly experienced grower

Hey Lilo! Doc's Kit is super easy even for a noob and the results dont lie. If you ever want to simplify, quit flushing and ph correcting water, make the move to Doc's Kit, you will not regret it! I took a quick drive by in your garden and that green crack is looking great, nice and frosty! Nice work!

So you know, Green Crack loves Doc's soil. Check out the end result of Duggans GC grow, also from CKS, you need to scroll down, Duggan Does Green Crack in DBHBB - One Kit - Two Pots - 4 Plants & Loads of LEDs!

UPDATE—
Rescue drench was given today. I mixed 1 oz transplant and 6ml tea into 1 gal of water. Roughly half of the gallon was used. Top watered both and tilted this way and that to drain any excess.I will take pictures tomorrow and the following few mornings to show any progress. Decided to hold off on the de stress spray for now. My thought on this was it didn’t make sense to spray something for the plant to feed through the roots if the roots were already having difficulty communicating with the soil bio. But I could be wrong and that might be just what they need... Either way I plan to get them back on their foliar schedule tomorrow if they are looking ready for it, or possibly the following. That’s all for now until pictures and observations tomorrow morning.
:Namaste:

Unrelated note-
My new WiFi weather sensor came in today! So far I am loving it. Check your temp and humidity anywhere in the world from your phone. Even has notifications if temp or humidity go past set limits. It’s called Kokonaut. I will say the “pro” version hasn’t come out yet, and that one will be battery powered opposed to usb cord. I believe that version will also come with graphs that I thought this one came with... nonetheless it already caught my test humidifier run out and sent me a notification. Works perfect. Next step is the WiFi surge protector bar, coming in the next week. Four separately controlled outlets that can also have timers set, all through the app. Hopefully I can make the pod a little more friendly to being away for multiple days with no care... anywho here is a picture of the sensor in with AML (note that it needs to be plugged into micro usb, not pictured here)
6C9B95D1-7572-4DBE-B381-DF12085F04BD.jpeg

UPDATE—
Rescue drench was given today. I mixed 1 oz transplant and 6ml tea into 1 gal of water. Roughly half of the gallon was used. Top watered both and tilted this way and that to drain any excess.I will take pictures tomorrow and the following few mornings to show any progress. Decided to hold off on the de stress spray for now. My thought on this was it didn’t make sense to spray something for the plant to feed through the roots if the roots were already having difficulty communicating with the soil bio. But I could be wrong and that might be just what they need... Either way I plan to get them back on their foliar schedule tomorrow if they are looking ready for it, or possibly the following. That’s all for now until pictures and observations tomorrow morning.
:Namaste:

A quick thought on this. We spray diluted de-stress on clones, no roots at all.

Ahhh, good call. Perhaps the de stress would have been better to give immediately. I will give them both a de stress spray this morning after pictures. Thanks for setting me straight meds!

I am going with what I would do. It makes sense to me. I am going to feel like shit if this is all wrong.

I am going with what I would do. It makes sense to me. I am going to feel like shit if this is all wrong.

No worries man, in the end I waited to do the de stress anyways. In the future I could see how an immediate de stress might be a better course of action though. Nonetheless I will be doing de stress when I have some garden time today though and will add pictures then as well.

Update—-
Sorry for lack of updates, a lot changed in the pod but not much has changed in plants.

I got the WiFi weather sensor hooked up and when I checked it the temp was 84 degrees in the tent! Old hygrometer says 78 degrees... I turn the light down a smidge and exhaust fan up and the WiFi weather sensor goes down to 81 degrees, old hygrometer still says 78.. turned humidifier up (cool mist) and temp balanced at 78 and humidity 48-50% on WiFi weather sensor. So in conclusion the temp was broken on hygrometer for who knows how long... I knew a steady 78 with lights on was too good to be true... with the new sensor temp has been 77-81 degrees with lights on and 67-70 with lights off. Humidity hops around from 35-65%. Old hygrometer wasn’t super accurate with humidity but was working, just not the temp.

Now on to the light timer...
I knew that there was discrepancies in when I set the timer and when it was flipping, but I thought it was at least consistent.. well last time I checked it shut off at 11:32 instead of the 11:18 it was before. Wtf, at least the WiFi surge protector was already in the mail. I got that hooked up a few nights ago and have the lights exhaust fan and humidifier all running on separate outlets on it set to turn on and shut off at the same time. The heater is on the last outlet and set to turn on a few minutes after lights off and then turn off 15 mins before lights on. It is working great now... but the first night I had it hooked up I forgot to turn the switch on the heater to on so the pod got down to 55 degrees! I smoked too much that day apparently... or the sleep deprivation from having a 4 month old got to me. Either way the plants are likely stunted for a while now. With everything getting dialed in again it goes like this
Daytime temp— 77-80 degrees
Daytime humidity— 38-52%
Nighttime temp— 67-70 degrees
Nighttime humidity— 40-65%

Night time data is less accurate due to me not checking it as often, more just readings from before bed and when I wake up..
Night time humidity has been interesting as trying to keep humidity up with lights on is pretty tough, but when it all shuts down the humidity goes up for the night.

So in the end Doc was right again, environment is everything, then the soil. Wish I had known my environment was out of whack a while ago, but I am hoping they get back on track now! I will throw up some pictures as I do the de stress foliar today to keep you guys updated!

Time for the pictures as promised! I did a de stress spray this morning to help them get over their recent overheating followed by a cold night. AML has had nothing but 1 cup water drizzled around outside edge (should have been 1/2 cup per docs directions but I misread it).
First pictures are POK with AML in the background, then a close up of AML, then a couple of SKD.
C4496AD2-B20E-4CCE-B45E-FDE190C85894.jpeg
A9D1CF52-EC47-4F9A-9B7F-9AB4E1B1B873.jpeg
131BE453-29FF-4D25-A4CE-C545A9631BE8.jpeg
9ACB897A-466B-43BB-8B04-9A88EFA74270.jpeg

52B02207-886E-42EE-8A63-9DD52736195D.jpeg

SKD has an interesting condition that I’m not too sure about. It would seem that one side at the lowest node was stunted while the other side was able to grow out. If anyone has any theories as to why this happened that would be great!
I should also point out that these pictures are actually from the other morning right after the cold night. I will try for pictures again tonight to show their improvement, which they are already looking perkier now even. Thanks for looking and helping folks!

I think that rescue drench is going to help a lot.

What JM said! I think there may be differing opinions but you may want to clip off those dying leaves so all available energy can go to the healthy growth. I could be wrong but I don't thing the 1 night of cold temps will slow em down that much. Let's see some more pics.

:passitleft:

What JM said! I think there may be differing opinions but you may want to clip off those dying leaves so all available energy can go to the healthy growth. I could be wrong but I don't thing the 1 night of cold temps will slow em down that much. Let's see some more pics.

:passitleft:

I have yet to make my mind up on the dying leaves. The plant in later stages pulls minerals from the old leaves. If they are dying because of something we did do they not still pull minerals? I have no idea. I lean towards leaving them on. I would really like to know the correct answer to this.

If you or anyone can share some links to info I will read it for sure.

I have yet to make my mind up on the dying leaves. The plant in later stages pulls minerals from the old leaves. If they are dying because of something we did do they not still pull minerals? I have no idea. I lean towards leaving them on. I would really like to know the correct answer to this.

If you or anyone can share some links to info I will read it for sure.

I don't really have reading on the subject to point you to. I think doc suggested clipping the dying leaves. I feel like the pruning debate is more intense, plenty of great growers that are for pruning or against it. I guess here is more than one way to skin a cat. Poor cat! Come to think of it, I think Graytail also gave a good explanation as to why clipping dying leaves is a good idea. I'll try to find that, I think it was in my journal.

This is the quote I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Graytail View Post
I did a little research a couple years ago on hormone production and transportation within the plant. New growth, including new leaves, is an integral functioning part of the hormone process, while old fans are off to the side primarily producing carbohydrates. They're mostly unaffected by current hormones and produce very little themselves. If you prune new growth, it will produce hormones that encourage nearby growth. If you prune old growth, it has no real effect on the rest of the plant.

I'm not sure what I think about the plant consuming the leaf matter for fuel - I think that's probably not the case. Old yellow fans are fairly useless, the color attracts pests and they're ripe for fungi too. So, in my opinion, it's a tradeoff between some feeble carb production and risk of pests. I tend to remove them when they've lost most of their chlorophyll and their ability to produce carbs.

This is the quote I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Graytail View Post
I did a little research a couple years ago on hormone production and transportation within the plant. New growth, including new leaves, is an integral functioning part of the hormone process, while old fans are off to the side primarily producing carbohydrates. They're mostly unaffected by current hormones and produce very little themselves. If you prune new growth, it will produce hormones that encourage nearby growth. If you prune old growth, it has no real effect on the rest of the plant.

I'm not sure what I think about the plant consuming the leaf matter for fuel - I think that's probably not the case. Old yellow fans are fairly useless, the color attracts pests and they're ripe for fungi too. So, in my opinion, it's a tradeoff between some feeble carb production and risk of pests. I tend to remove them when they've lost most of their chlorophyll and their ability to produce carbs.

Damn, you guys must be psychic! I was just going to inquire about that today! SKD has some dying leaves that I feel are hindering her light more than they are helping. I was thinking about trimming some of them off today. I plucked a few from the bottom of POK and SKD, But only when they were ready to fall off. SKD has some leaves that are less than half yellow, but I feel they are blocking too much light and hindering the growth. I am thinking I will prune these today when I get pictures. All three are looking much happier in their more accurately controlled environment! That and the transplant drench!

Back
Top Bottom