Cape Mountainside Bay Garden: Transkei Sativa Soil Grow

Update: - Holly is close and the other two are filling out and maturing. Testers on the Inzane and Wedding Cake are promising. Good flavor, great highs. One high, one stone.

Holly (Transkei)
DSC_4348-Edit.JPG
DSC_4277-Edit.JPG
DSC_4266-Edit.JPG

Double Wild Durban
DSC_4319-Edit.JPG
DSC_4305-Edit.JPG

LC-18 x Transkei
DSC_4346-Edit.JPG

Update: - Holly is close and the other two are filling out and maturing. Testers on the Inzane and Wedding Cake are promising. Good flavor, great highs. One high, one stone.

Holly (Transkei)
DSC_4348-Edit.JPG
DSC_4277-Edit.JPG
DSC_4266-Edit.JPG

Double Wild Durban
DSC_4319-Edit.JPG
DSC_4305-Edit.JPG

LC-18 x Transkei
DSC_4346-Edit.JPG
man Carmen, some true spears you have there! I think back to your concerns at seedling stage and wow you have it handled lol. looks so good.

Guys, look at Holly. She is on fire. I know I have been an eager beaver to call Rooibaard, but what do you think? She is reputedly from the wilds of Transkei, which would probably mean minimal cultivation and open pollination.
DSC_4369-Edit.JPG
DSC_4371-Edit.JPG
DSC_4398-Edit.JPG
DSC_4419-Edit.JPG
DSC_4449-Edit.JPG

DSC_4491-Edit.JPG

DSC_4495-Edit.JPG

dang. I wanted to sit and smoke w you before this lol now I really do
We should do that... pick a time of day when we are both awake, light up and see if we can project into the same wave length, but you aren't smoking atm are you? :passitleft:I'm in if you're in! Or, you could just take a flower and breathe in the essence at that time! Something like raising a glass at the same time. I will even do it over a cup of tea in your honor.

We should do that... pick a time of day when we are both awake, light up and see if we can project into the same wave length, but you aren't smoking atm are you? :passitleft:I'm in if you're in! Or, you could just take a flower and breathe in the essence at that time! Something like raising a glass at the same time. I will even do it over a cup of tea in your honor.
you are all soul girl. i am smoking still, was out in the Withlacoochee forest yesterday doing just that, a giant joint of Kwazulu. (just harvested the first La reunion island hybrid tester plant btw, 2 gal., going to give bud washing a go)
20210328_152938.jpg
20210328_151628.jpg

much more modest in containers lol.
anyway yes I love your idea Carmen. Need to get more centered over here, been off a few degrees but yeah all in.

(off topic, i follow itchy boots on yt she's riding through, around SA atm, just got up on the Drakensburg Ridge. bucket list worthy country you are in clearly.)

i follow itchy boots
Good luck with the bud wash Yogi. How is the KwaZulu smoking? I Googled Itchy Boots and I am going to have a look at her SA trip, thanks for that! I agree, SA should be on every bucket list. I'll DM you about the meditation... we probably need to look at the moon :) I'm excited to do that.

Looking like she is in the window. Pretty plant. Well done for getting her to the end.
Thank you LR! Thank you for being there to answer my behind the scenes questions and encourage me.
Yeah...remember how chewed up and bedraggled they were early on? Amazing recovery!
Shed, look at her now. She is glorious :) Life is such a powerful force. I want to say the will to live but plants don't have consciousness so what would it be instead.... that urge to live...... heavens this weed makes me philosophical hahahaha

Stay high and happy friends, and most of all, stay safe.

I have disappointing news on the LC-18 x Transkei. She was looking glorious and then suddenly she faded fast and her leaves and pistils dried up. Initially I thought I had a ph problem or that she was over watered. Today I had a close look at the buds and they are full of seed. I'm really sad about that. Someone didn't chop a male. I am going to see if I can make some oil from the flower when she finishes.
DSC_4608.JPG
DSC_4625-Edit.JPG
DSC_4628-Edit.JPG
DSC_4655-Edit.JPG

Sorry to hear that Carmen - some fellow urban baboon wispering herb farmer in the hood perhaps? tbh, i smoke my seeded herb as well and think it would be decent hash material. (also love having seeds).
Thanks Yogi. Yes lol, definitely a few fellow pot farmers in the hood! Now the baboon whispering, that's not that common :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Sorry to hear about your seeded LC/Transkei, but if you can find someone over the age of 60 they will teach you to clean seeds from your buds, and you can smoke them just like the sensimilla we're all used to these days. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hey Shed, I am a dab hand at cleaning seed from flower lol. I'm on the approach to 60!

That's unfortunate Carmen. If you don't want them then seeds are a pain, but I found when I deliberately pollinated selected stems there didn't seem to be a difference in potency from the unseeded stems, they seemed the same in that regard.

That's unfortunate Carmen. If you don't want them then seeds are a pain, but I found when I deliberately pollinated selected stems there didn't seem to be a difference in potency from the unseeded stems, they seemed the same in that regard.
Thanks Stunger! I'm over the initial disappointment and I will make sure to get as much from her as possible. What I can't smoke, I will turn to oil, I think. :passitleft:

Morning to ya ms. Carmen..

Ive found canna will adapt to most environs hey even if ya have a streetlight 5m away shining on them all night... hahaha pollen is more of a nightmare these days..

You can use a 100w spotlight pretty much hey and you will still have lekker flowers...

IMG_20210402_062229.jpg

Pick them up for about R350/R400 at hardware stores only downside is they mainly 6500k spectrum suited more for vegging but I use as supplemental lighting on flowering plants as my plants go outside most days if not raining or cloudy...

IMG_20210402_062205.jpg

Here's my Veg area using six 50w spotlights which I flower under as well when my tents in use and have no complaints about they flower they produce...

You can pick up 3400k led bulbs 20w x5 but also need the connector sockets and wire it all up but I'm sure @Lerugged will be able to guide you here as well but you also looking at R300/R400 depending how much bulbs are, cfls in flowering spectrum are also an option but the bulbs are also expensive in all honesty...

Hope this helps ya shout if ya need...

Back
Top Bottom