Caribbean Outdoors

CrackisWhack said:
BEAUTIFUL MAN... That whole cycle was amazing and it was a beautiful thing... The grow the plants the atmosphere... Im glad I was able to encounter such a beautiful thing!!! Thank You! :)

Yea Eyeless that was beautifull man. It inspired me even more to keep doin what i'm doin. :Rasta:

thx all for the positive comments... it was a pretty sweet grow...my 1st outdoors. It was quite profitable considering all of my plants turned out to be female.

A few things learnt in the caribbean outdoors.

1.) High temps + high humidity means easy mold and root rot!!!!!! When a few storms passed by some plants in the bush got too much water and started to mold a little as if the roots had rooted as well.

Best solution: ventilation... when the plants are in a bush they don't get alot of wind which i wasn't really thinking about.. so u gotta find a really good place :smokin:

2.) in a bush the plants get less overall light per day as the bush itself blocks out alot of the morning sun and afternoon sun... allowing for midday sun which lessens the lenght of the light cycle and causes the plants to finish quicker than if they were gettin the full 12hrs :smokin:

3.) NEVER KEEP YOUR PLANTS AROUND (2 many) OTHER PPL!!!! Jealousy is a mother fucker!!!!!! and the haters will always hate.

4.) Good Fertz are pretty much a must... some friends with plants from me that didn't fertilize ended up with a shitty yeild and less potent weed.

5.) Topping/FIMing doesn't always produce more bud. So far with my strains i have found that when i do not top i get a higher yeild mainly from the size of the main colas. Also the plant that i pinched turned out to be really short and fat but the potency was unbelievable... I was amazed with this.

6.) SCROGing allows for a huge difference in yeild!

6.) Cold temps do help trichrome production

7.) daily love and care is essential (plants far in the bush doesn't quite cut it as well)

These tips are all i can remember for now...hope this helps you with your outdoor grow in the future

Thanks for sharing your grow with us brother!...

I'm moving this to completed journals now...

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?...

If so, please start one here Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world...

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Its a shame i only just saw this thread... im a new member
I am in the EXACT same situation as you....i go to univ in canada and live in the caribbean (lil further south than you) so ya done know the hrs of daylight are even less but nice to see ppl from the caribbean representing and i've def learnt tings from you bredren......i like the indica strains i smoke in canada but ive realized they are difficult to grow home cuz of the humidity and they stay small so if is one piece of advice i have for you is to try a sativa dominant hybrid like a skunk or a durban poison other than that try using one of them outdoor lights with a photosensor that comes on at night to extend veg time ....easy bredren....link up!

:nicethread: Hey awsome grow man, really a bummer when plants start to go missing, ESPECIALLY when you find out it's a friend. I wouldn't resort to violence over a plant either, but I would steal his girlfriend. Eye for an eye. I was just curious, what's herb worth in the Caribean? How much did you fetch for a plant? I was in the Caymans a couple times and a friend there got me a couple grams, it was brownish and very seedy, but did the trick as I was jonsin more then a couple times there, he didn't even ask for money which was cool. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom