Carnival: A Community Grow Experience

All jarred up and ready to cure. Final Tally: Carnival 4.1

Playing around with rice drying I managed to speed the drying process even more with minimal damage to terpenes and flavonoids. Today I jarred up the low and slo, so totals are in. For all her size she was mostly branch. Pretty branch, but I'd prefer a higher ratio of buds. Regardless, an ounce of Carnival is nothing to sneer at. :laughtwo:

20 grams low and slo...

IMG_430416.JPG

...and 11 grams of dehydrated buds.

IMG_430518.JPG

Better than an ounce, in the jars in 10 days. I can be really, really happy about that. :laughtwo:

All the choices I have, and they are many and varied...

IMG_420513.JPG

...nine times out of ten what I reach for is Carnival. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_430619.JPG

The 17th of October, two days ago, was the scheduled opening of the bag holding the branch of Carnival 4 I'd set into a bag two months back.

IMG_419115.JPG

IMG_419210.JPG

IMG_419314.JPG

No anticipated rush of terpenes, but everything looks in order. Most importantly, no mold. *Whew!* Not that I worried, mind you. :laughtwo:

IMG_419412.JPG

I have 8 grams of cured Cannabis to add to the remains of her harvest. It appears I have about a half ounce still jarred.

IMG_419517.JPG

Yes... it kicks ass. :cheesygrinsmiley: Same consistent Carnival high. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_419818.JPG

IMG_420017.JPG

I decided my soil Carnival in veg will stay in soil (not move to a perlite hempy like most of veg)

I'm trying the pruning method Sue described (pinch off any tops that get too high) for shaping the canopy rather than my usual LST bending.

Transplanted from 1-gal to 7-gallon today

20171019_172041-1.jpg

We can learn to do his training technique together Rad. It's a little scary at first, until you watch them bounce back with increased vigor every time.

I was thinking of your lovely wife yesterday. Those of us who appreciate Carnival will recognize this.

Before:

IMG_459013.JPG

After:

IMG_459218.JPG

It's been Carnival I reach for the most often, now that I'm past the newness of the DC. Carnival has this organizational effect on me. I turn, spot some chaos out of the corner of my eye, and an hour later the entire area got cleaned and rearranged for greater efficiency and ambiance.

After I did this little joyful chore I continued on, gathering up items to be culled from the household with the next Vets pickup and went straight into clearing my table in the living room, filing away cards and papers I'd been stacking up for over a year.

image38174.jpg

Order restored. :cheesygrinsmiley:

October 2017 NOTM was a Carnival, dried low and slo. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_295723.JPG

IMG_296515.JPG

I'd say we're doing a good job of raising awareness of this marvelous chemovar. Keep up the good work guys. :bravo:

Carnival 4.4 (Day 103, flip + 23)

I've never have one pray so vigoriously. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

IMG_601810.JPG

IMG_60199.JPG

IMG_602112.JPG

IMG_602215.JPG

No wonder we grow them. :dreamy:

High SweetSue,

I was reading in your journal about the carnival strain. After reading through this thread, I think I'll get some Carnival beans for my next years outdoor grow. Sounds like just what I'm looking for. Thank you.

High SweetSue,

I was reading in your journal about the carnival strain. After reading through this thread, I think I'll get some Carnival beans for my next years outdoor grow. Sounds like just what I'm looking for. Thank you.

You're welcome Bode. I don't think you'll regret the choice. :battingeyelashes:

Time to leave something by way of an update. I keep thinking about it, and then getting waylaid. :laughtwo:

My largest specimen is Carnival 4.4, in hempy and in the middle of her 5th week under flowering lights.

IMG_662314.JPG

She's easily the most beautiful and vigorious specimen of a Carnival I've grown. This GROWant panel is making some difference.

IMG_662815.JPG

The colas are filling in so beautifully. :slide:

IMG_663217.JPG

Trichomes just started to ramp it up.

IMG_663116.JPG

Pistil necrosis has begun.

IMG_662912.JPG

And to think, I started her in this tent with two other plants. :laughtwo:

IMG_663415.JPG

I also have a tiny one in soil, just getting her roots under her. Yesterday I cut off her growth, back to the best leaves on the plant, which was all the way to ground level.

Carnival 4.6 is 31 days old, but that just means she has more roots than the leaves show. Just about two weeks ago she got planted into this pot, so she's really right at the point where she'd be if I sprouted her from seed, isn't she? :cheesygrinsmiley: Only she has more roots. :slide:

IMG_663510.JPG

IMG_663611.JPG

Tomorrow she'll get a Transplant drench. Cutting her this far back gives me the extra time in veg she'll need before space in a flowering tent opens up.

They are hardy! I wouldn't have believed one could survive that much of a trim.

The hempy Carnival is big and beautiful! Great job. I love in your journals they are all so personal. Homey type. Thanks for that.

My Carnival 18 days in flower grow in Coco coir with Canna for coco A&B nutrients + Silicon
IMG_3235_copy1.jpg
IMG_3236_copy1.jpg
IMG_3237_copy1.jpg
IMG_3235_copy1.jpg

Be still, my beating heart! :thedoubletake: Lovely... :high-five:

She obviously agrees with your handling. Fun ahead for you. :slide:

This week in Carnival​

Carnival at bud set time​

Carnival at 35 days

20171218_104805-1.jpg

In Doc Bud soil, she looks healthy and 'fake'

20171218_104814-1.jpg

Buds are small, but not tiny.

20171218_104829-1.jpg

Typically long, white Carnival pistils

20171218_104840-1.jpg

More cola formation than I usually see at this age.

20171218_104850-1-1.jpg

Carnival at harvest time​

After 68 days, this Carnival was looking more raggedy than usual

20171218_105912-1.jpg

20171218_105917-1.jpg

Main cola

20171218_105944-1.jpg

One of half a dozen top nugs

20171218_110011-1.jpg

One of the smaller nugs

20171218_105955-1.jpg

Pistils are done and trichomes are cloudy. I harvested her.

20171218_105804-11.jpg

Radogast said:
Pistils are done and trichomes are cloudy. I harvested her.

20171218_105804-11.jpg

I know the wife is pleased to have fresh Carnival to greet the New Year. Well done buckaroo! :high-five:

Happy holidays to you and your happy family Rad. :hug:

I quick shot of my Carnival 4.4, finishing her 6th week in flower. She's showing a vigor I never got in Doc's kit soil, which says nothing other than she's a prettier plant. Well, she's also setting the best-looking buds I've ever grown on a Carnival.

IMG_68888.JPG

IMG_689711.JPG

IMG_689015.JPG

I'll start flushing her next week.

The terpene expressions are very different. The harvests from the RX Green Solutions nutrients have lacked the sharp lime bite I've grown fond of. I still have some buds left from my last soil harvest, that I keep aside for myself. :cheesygrinsmiley: I've considered that it's a phenome expression. What I have stockpiled is from the previous genetic line.

I have a little one coming up behind, Carnival 4.6, and she's in soil. I chopped her to the soil last week and she's beginning to roar back. Her age of 39 days is a bit deceptive, since she was cut back and forced to start over.

IMG_691911.JPG

Look!!! New growth at the soil line. Healthy-looking growth at that. :slide:

IMG_69207.JPG

She's gonna be another pretty girl. I can see it coming. :yahoo:

Be still, my beating heart! :thedoubletake: Lovely... :high-five:

She obviously agrees with your handling. Fun ahead for you. :slide:
Thank you Sweet Sue for the kind words. I think I've found my grow medium.Growing in coco coir has been the easiest and most productive grow to date ( I started here in 2013 with my first grow ) IMHO coco coir is the easiest hydro medium to grow in and still get DWC results.

A beautiful Girl

Thanks Radiogast

I know the wife is pleased to have fresh Carnival to greet the New Year. Well done buckaroo! :high-five:

Happy holidays to you and your happy family Rad. :hug:

Thanks. We weren't out of the last Carnival yet, but it is a good choice when the nights come early and SAD(Seasonal Affective Disorder) begins to start affecting folks. The AK47 XTRM is a good strain for that too.

I think I have 3 Carnival in veg, and a couple more Carnival clones rooting to step in and fill spaces for seeds and clone lines that are not thriving.

Nice buds!

I had her out for a drench, so I snatched a couple more pictures. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_69287.JPG

IMG_692612.JPG

IMG_69237.JPG

IMG_692410.JPG

Back
Top Bottom