Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

I love destroyer, though I have only done the auto version. Weirdest smelling weed and best Sativa I’ve ever come across. Breeds great with other things and has a tinge of purple and some variegation that comes through every grow.

Good looking ladies you have here!
It's pretty fine weed. I grew my first one 10 years ago, and it turned cherry red and smelled like blueberries. And I ran another one in 2018 that made long spears and ran 14 weeks. Loved that one!

I haven't figured this one out yet. It has a very firm stoney rush that doesn't let go - seems like maybe it leans Mexican. Whatever it is, it's a real thumper. :lot-o-toke:

It's pretty fine weed. I grew my first one 10 years ago, and it turned cherry red and smelled like blueberries. And I ran another one in 2018 that made long spears and ran 14 weeks. Loved that one!

I haven't figured this one out yet. It has a very firm stoney rush that doesn't let go - seems like maybe it leans Mexican. Whatever it is, it's a real thumper. :lot-o-toke:
It’s one of the few strains that I can actually feel the full effect after just one hit.
When I first got the seeds (3-4 years ago) I made the mistake of thinking they were pure CBG, all because the seed co had them labeled weird.
The first time I grew it the smell floored me. Almost thought I had done something wrong or that must be the CBG lol. Well as you know it turns out it’s full Muay Thai Sativa and probably better I didn’t know that cause I swore I hated all Sativa. Not that one. Closest thing to a magic carpet ride after one hit that I’d had in 20 years.
I did a silver reversal on the next seed and have a few hundred S1’s now so I never run out. And as I said, have bred it into just about everything at this point and the only one it didn’t really “work” with was DDA, and not for quality but only cause that cross made all tiny plants.
Love your pheno there, very unique!

It’s one of the few strains that I can actually feel the full effect after just one hit.
When I first got the seeds (3-4 years ago) I made the mistake of thinking they were pure CBG, all because the seed co had them labeled weird.
The first time I grew it the smell floored me. Almost thought I had done something wrong or that must be the CBG lol. Well as you know it turns out it’s full Muay Thai Sativa and probably better I didn’t know that cause I swore I hated all Sativa. Not that one. Closest thing to a magic carpet ride after one hit that I’d had in 20 years.
I did a silver reversal on the next seed and have a few hundred S1’s now so I never run out. And as I said, have bred it into just about everything at this point and the only one it didn’t really “work” with was DDA, and not for quality but only cause that cross made all tiny plants.
Love your pheno there, very unique!
Heheh, yeah it was called Auto CBG because those are CannaBioGen's initials. :laughtwo:

It's Destroyer x ruderalis. I always had that one on my list - seemed like a worthy auto.

But you made seeds? From an auto?

Heheh, yeah it was called Auto CBG because those are CannaBioGen's initials. :laughtwo:

It's Destroyer x ruderalis. I always had that one on my list - seemed like a worthy auto.

But you made seeds? From an auto?
I did! The majority of my seed experiments are autos. It’s a bit smaller window for them but it can be done. My Wizard auto is popping up in a few journals, it’s 1/4 destroyer.

Very cool. Canna and Nis did a reversal on a DDA and dusted a Carnival with it. A couple of us took it another couple generations but it never put out a real winner. I ran a dozen of them. The DDA genes were cool to watch. I'd get anything from a full purple to a full green, with aromas all over the map. There was a very nice lime pheno I liked.

I remember it as pretty grower friendly and having a decent yield. I can't remember what it tasted or smelled like, but it had some pretty serious hair on its a$$ as far as the buzz goes. :lot-o-toke: I'd like to grow it again sometime.
The CBD strain of it isn't as good.
Hey @PotChimp , just wanted to let you know that Medical Seeds' 2046 is better than Y Griega in my opinion. I have 'em both now, and 2046 edges out Y. 2046 is Nevils Haze x pre98Kali, and Y is Amnesia Haze x pre98Kali. Their Nevils gives it an extra brightness. They both have that nice Kali power - sticks with you.

:thumb:

Nice yielder, too - hybrid growth habit - seems like one a guy could push hard, too.

DSCN8424.JPG

DSCN8420.JPG

I'm sitting here puffing on this Carnival which has a sort of lime edge to it - smells kinda like aromatic plastic - kinda sweet fuely lime? - dunno. Anyway, it got me thinking about which terpenes I like and lime usually wins the contest. So I went looking for which terpenes lime has.

And of course I find limonene. :laughtwo: But also α-terpineol, terpinen-4-ol, 1,4-cineole,1,8-cineole, β-pinene, p-cymene, and β- bisabolene. That's useful info. And then I take a look at the study and it's about the antispasmotic effects on rabbits. Which reminds me @Neiko talking about terpenes and me saying I hadn't seen science about their actual medical properties. Voila, science!

Here's the study abstract - pretty deep and not very useful, but it says that terpenes clearly have medical properties, not just mood. I'm going to search some more. :nerd-with-glasses:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pd... consists mainly,agent in foods and medicines.

A good paper on the documented anti-cancer effects of essential oils and their terpenes.

Terpenes and terpenoids as main bioactive compounds of essential oils, their roles in human health and potential application as natural food preservatives

Cyclic monoterpene
LimoneneNavel orange (Essential oil)Lung adenocarcinoma (A549)Reduced cell proliferation (IC50 22.10 µg/ml)MTT(Yang et al., 2017)

Terpineols Monoterpene
α-TerpineolNavel orange (Essential oil)Lung adenocarcinoma (A549)Increased caspase-dependent cell death and reduced proliferation (IC50 51.37 µg/ml for 24 h)MTT(Yang et al., 2017)

Bicyclic monoterpene
α-PinenePCHuman liver cancer (HepG2)Reduced cell growth (IR 39.3%)MTT(Xu et al., 2018)

This is about the well known aromatherapy effects, but I thought this passage was interesting: :cheesygrinsmiley:

In conclusion, the individual and integrated effects of MTs (monoterpenes) on human physiology and psychology were investigated in a laboratory setting. Monoterpenes (α-pinene, β-pinene, and d-limonene) at ambient forest concentration levels were artificially generated and tested. It was observed that the human olfactory detection thresholds of α-pinene, β-pinene, and d-limonene were close to 5 ppbv. In terms of physiological and psychological effects, we found that the alpha waves of male participants were more sensitive to MTs than those of females. However, the female participants went into a state of relaxation faster than the males after inhaling MTs. Decreased stress index and increased brain alpha waves were observed after inhaling MTs, indicating that MTs relaxed the subjects physiologically and psychologically. These results suggest that using MTs can help improve human psychological wellbeing in a short-term after inhaling.

The Potential Benefits of Therapeutic Treatment Using Gaseous Terpenes at Ambient Low Levels

After ten years of buying seeds I've given up on expecting what I'll get. :straightface:

Sometimes it's a great pheno, sometimes not. I'm pleased with this recent batch - caught a few winners this time. :headbanger:

Very cool. Canna and Nis did a reversal on a DDA and dusted a Carnival with it. A couple of us took it another couple generations but it never put out a real winner. I ran a dozen of them. The DDA genes were cool to watch. I'd get anything from a full purple to a full green, with aromas all over the map. There was a very nice lime pheno I liked.
I've grown several of those DDA's and the buds are always beautiful but the plants are always very small. Not really worth growing, IMHO, except for show. :confused:

I do remember "Devil's Carnival", though! ;)

I think I found my buzzy pheno of Carnival again! :slide:

I soaked 3 of them back in Jan, all 3 sprouted and I got 3 distinctly different phenos - one small compact plant, one quick slim one, and one with a sturdy bushy habit. So I flipped the slim one first - the fastest grower - then the compact one, and saved the 3rd for training and a big pot. The first two got harvested and I liked the slim one better and let the compact one go. But neither of them had that obvious buzzy high that I love Carnival for. :hmmmm: Dang. :straightface: Carn1 has a nice scent - limey fuel - and a good strong buzz, and it's definitely not a heavy high, but I don't find myself feeling edgy and looking for something to do.

This 3rd one just finished and the early samples are great! :snowboating: It's stronger than Carn1 and I think it has the meth buzz! It's still on strings, so I'll know better in another week.

I haven't been taking pics, but I just grabbed a couple. Nothing that great to look at. The tops are nice and knarly ...

DSCN8433.JPG

DSCN8436.JPG

Here's some lowers, still green.

DSCN8437.JPG

So it seems that every cut I take roots just fine after a couple weeks sitting in a cup of water, so I keep popping them in a cup of soil, and now I have too many plants backing up in veg. Here's one of them:

DSCN8439.JPG

That's KA5H which, if I don't get it into bloom, will explode to 6 feet before it finishes. It's a nice looking thing with an established root system, ready to rock. And I have to kill it or keep it somehow or ... :idea: ... I wondered ... could I make it fit into one of these? :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSCN8440.JPG

And then I thought, wullll, let's see. :slide:

And sure enough, I think this'll fit.

DSCN8444.JPG

So now I'll see if it bursts back into growth.

:bongrip:

I decided it was time to show some pics of the grow. I got out the old sticky camera and charged up the battery and it seems to be working like normal. :cheesygrinsmiley: I tried to love the fancy dancy phone camera, but, nah. This works. So here are a couple shots of the full bloom room:

DSCN8446.JPG

DSCN8450.JPG

That's KA5H on the left. I didn't flip it soon enough and it stretched to 4 feet before it even slowed. I had to break down the two leaders, and one of them continued sideways for another couple feet. :laughtwo: Allrightythen, duly noted - flip sooner next time.

DSCN8456.JPG

And this is the first clone of Destroyer on the right in a 3 gallon pot. I flipped it July 17 and it has another 3 weeks to run. I let it just grow with no training, and it's been pretty manageable. KA5H, for instance, is worse. The only thing about Destroyer is that it keeps adding height as it blooms - another inch or so per week - so that can add up.

DSCN8453.JPG

DSCN8452.JPG

DSCN8451.JPG

And the rest are Y Griega, 2046, two Carnival cuts, Paki, another Destroyer in a 6 gallon, and a Cherry Pie.

:slide::bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom