Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

I had no fan and I paper bagged. My fridge sits at 15% humidity.

Look it takes time to work it out. My first couple of dries weren’t actually true fridge dries coz the feel of the bud made me nervous. I would half dry fridge, half dry jar getting down to 63%. That’s not the idea. The idea is to take it from the fridge, straight to jar to cure and in the 61%-64% zone.

It’s hard to explain, but when the buds feel like “omg I fucked it”, they are ready to jar. I don’t know the science, but you tip it in the jar, wack in a reader and that humidity will climb right to where you need it. A poster called Granddaddy Black told me, you start to understand the feel. I don’t even look at mine for the first week. I used to flip the bags and fuck about, but now I kinda know.

One pointer thick bud, more time, thin and airy less. For me thick approx 10 days, thin 5-7.

I haven't had fresh weed for over three years and I've been enjoying samples off a couple that are close to chop, and I keep being startled at how much I enjoy the buzz. :hmmmm:

I often read about folks who don't like to touch theirs until it's had time to cure for awhile. Me, I always pick the fresh stuff. Given a choice, I'll roll up a undried morsel into a little ball, stuff it in the one-hitter and burn it until it smokes. You hear the quiet crackling as the moisture burns away, the great draw when it does catch fire, and a truly smooth smoke. And then the rush is so bright and zingy.

I don't get that from jarred weed.

So, it occurred to me - do you suppose that's CBG? Is undried weed much higher in CBG, and that's what makes for such a bright buzz?

:bongrip: Whatever it is, there's something extra for me in the freshly cut stuff. How 'bout the rest of you? Know what I mean?

I only know about this because of you guys and agree 100! Try telling my stoner friends this is like talking to a wall, oh well, to each their own. They also, for the most part, do not like my lazy trimming. More sugar leaf for me!

I know, right? :hmmmm:

Sorta odd synchronicity too, cause I was just sitting here with a fresh KA5H buzz, looking at a ThaiChi that I just pulled for chop, thinking about how tough it is to get going again, and how tough it is to keep a grip on it once I do. I grow too many weeds for my household consumption. :straightface: But sheesh, who wants to grow just a few at a time? I have eight strains in this run so far and that doesn't seem like enough variety, so I'll end up adding more to the mix and keeping my keepers, and it'll just get out of hand again.

Such are the pressing issues for a grower, eh? :bongrip:

I'm with ya! Fresh weed is my favorite. I don't think it's CBG. That's a cannabinoid and I don't think it's volatile. I know THC converts to CBN after a long cure but we're talking about months or years for that to happen. I believe it's the volatile terpenes and flavonoids that give that amazing high when it's fresh like that. I can't tell you how many times I've smoked a bud after about 4 days on the rack and felt it was the "best" high I had only to have it go into the meh category after it's completely dried and in jars. There's only been a few strains that got better with the cure and those I didn't feel were very special when fresh.
I did some more reading and there really isn't much CBG in hybrids - has to be a hemp variety to get high CBG. So yeah, that's probably not what I'm feeling.

I still have trouble understanding how terpenes can affect the high. I mean, it makes sense subjectively because we usually associate an odor profile with the high it produces, but the hard research doesn't seem to be there. It just seems like a variation of aroma therapy to me, which is a cool thing and I like the whole concept, but I've never read any real science about it.

Still a mystery to me, but I like it! :bongrip:

I hadn't considered chlorophyll ...

Like Neiko mentioned, it has to be something volatile because it doesn't last long after chop. And I've read about the companion effects of terpenes, and keep getting pointed that direction, but I never see the science. Yes, aromas definitely affect mood and mindset, etc, - you can measure it - but how and why is still pretty fuzzy.

We need more research. :cheesygrinsmiley: :bongrip: Who's with me on that? :rocker:

If fresh pot were mostly THCA with some THC, then you quick dried and smoked it, wouldn't it vaporize the THC and convert the THCA to THC when it vaporized (from the heat)? Almost all THC?
And if the pot were dried and cured, wouldn't there be some amount of converted CBD, a little THCA left (if any), but mostly THC, so that when vaporized there would be some CBD effect to the mostly THC buzz? Maybe that's why it's a better head buzz.
Just my thoughts on the subject. :)
Keep in mind I'm a chimp, though.

That's what I was thinking about CBG - maybe you get something in the fresh stuff before it degrades to THC and CBD. Maybe it's mostly gone by the time it gets tested.

The difference feels like there's something extra in the fresh - more zing, like seasoning, like salt on food. Or there's something in the cured that obscures the zing. It's not potency at all. The rush feels better, but it's not like it's a few percent more in THC. It's a difference in quality not quantity.

It's puzzling that some people get it and most don't. :hmmmm: But you pretty much have to grow your own to get herb that's just been picked, so that narrows down the people who've tried it ...

And as Lerugged pointed out, I notice it in sativas - don't remember the same thing with the Paki and other indica leaners.

I did some more reading and there really isn't much CBG in hybrids - has to be a hemp variety to get high CBG. So yeah, that's probably not what I'm feeling.

I still have trouble understanding how terpenes can affect the high. I mean, it makes sense subjectively because we usually associate an odor profile with the high it produces, but the hard research doesn't seem to be there. It just seems like a variation of aroma therapy to me, which is a cool thing and I like the whole concept, but I've never read any real science about it.

Still a mystery to me, but I like it! :bongrip:
The terpenes do produce different effects. Here's a chart of some of the more common terpenes and you can see some have sedative effect, some are energy boosters, some have "hypnotic" effect, etc.:

1685495049727.png

I've wondered if that sort of thing was purely mental. By that, I mean if smelling certain smells causes one's brain to produce the effect, rather than the actual substances (terpenes) directly having the effect. Because my senses of taste and smell are somewhat degraded, and I haven't experienced much from cannabis in... a while. If the substances directly cause the effect, that shouldn't matter.

On the other hand, the lungs are pretty well pooched, too, so maybe that's it, IDK.

Hiyas @Amy Gardner :ciao:

You crossed my mind just last night as I was smoking some Carnival out of my Jane West Grav bubbler. :cheesygrinsmiley:

NepJam x KaliChina would be more appropriate, but I still haven't had a chance to grow one myself - too many strains to restock.

:Namaste:

I was smoking some Carnival out of my Jane West Grav bubbler.

Interesting mental image. I may or may not have once drunk an alcoholic beverage out of a woman named Jane. Never set her on fire, though. Although, come to think of it, she did mention that it burned :hmmmm:.

I see.

But you'll have to explain which part of the bubbler represents a woman named Jane. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The whole pipe thing always seems more phallic to me. ;) Albeit rather pitifully so, by most measurement.

[Edit] (upon reflection, this particular instrument does have a certain nipplish quality to it ...) :bongrip:

I see.

But you'll have to explain which part of the bubbler represents a woman named Jane.

You stated it was called Jane West. :confused :

You stated it was called Jane West. :confused :
And it occurrred to me that you might have been thinking of a bong, which would require lip positioning more reflective of a Jane. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Such are the musings of a cannabis infused mind, eh?

These days I'm rotating through Paki, ThaiChi, Killer A5 Haze and Carnival. And Cherry Pie, Y Griega, 2046 and Destroyer are on the way. :slide:The plan is to stay stoned for the rest of my life.

These days I'm rotating through Paki, ThaiChi, Killer A5 Haze and Carnival. And Cherry Pie, Y Griega, 2046 and Destroyer are on the way. :slide:The plan is to stay stoned for the rest of my life.
What are your thoughts on the Thai Chi? It's one of my favorites when I have it but I didn't think it would be up your alley. It doesn't have the "power" you seem to gravitate to. How does your Carnival compare to the cut I've had (last run of it is in flower now)?

What are your thoughts on the Thai Chi? It's one of my favorites when I have it but I didn't think it would be up your alley. It doesn't have the "power" you seem to gravitate to. How does your Carnival compare to the cut I've had (last run of it is in flower now)?
Great term!

"Power" is different from strength. Yes. I like to feel the lingering stamina of a high - like horsepower over torque. Pre98 Kail is usually good for that.

I'm still wavering on ThaiChi. The first one grew poorly in my old unpopulated soil, and was very loose and foxtailed by harvest. And then its clone in the rejuvenated soil was spectacular - a beautifully green single cola with fat swollen buds. I kinda wrote off the strain after the first plant but the second one may be better. I think it's the ChinaYunnan that I don't particularly love - didn't love KaliChina last time I grew it a few years ago - there's something dull and unsativa about it. But ... it's a very nice calm and hypnotic buzz. So for me it's a good wake n bake, and then I'll switch to KA5H for a brighter lift. The clone is growing on me.

I dropped three Carnivals and got all three to sprout. The first one came in a few weeks ago and I think it's the pheno you have. The second and third will come in August. They both struggled in the old soil and didn't grow fast. None of them seem to be that pheno I had a few years ago, with the long tall spears. But the high is still there, and what a great odor! It's very fuelly with an almost floral overtone. Smells a little bit like aromatic plastic. I still have a couple seeds left, so I'll drop those after the others come in and I've had a chance to test them.

And I got the Destroyer to pop but it's a strange plant. From the start it grew clawed fans, from seedling to 2 footer - all clawed fans. It kept a good color and rarely dropped fans and the internodes stayed tight, but it looks pitiful. I figured the soil was the problem, and it looks like the cuts may be growing out of it already. I flipped it last week and it seems to love the bloom room, too, with the new growth all bright and pale green, so ... it might turn out well after all. Colorado Sativas has been working with a Destroyer line, offering S1s and a couple crosses. I'll probably pick up a pack or two from Gerry. Check him out. He has some very nice stuff. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom