Celt’s 2020 Grows

G’day friends and fellow growers, I thought I would give an update considering it’s been awhile.

First up as we wander back to the garden is one of the Double Tap Twins who grew 3 main tops all on her own.

211E0F56-5AF4-463F-944A-1D971BBEEBB7.jpeg

She is roughly 4 foot round and slightly taller.

Next up we have the Cluster Bomb who is 6’8” above the soil and over 5 foot round

8843EE37-4F8A-409D-B579-E885324E06BB.jpeg

Now we have the 2nd Double Tap Twin coming in at roughly 5’ tall and 3’6 diameter

4BCB53FA-6525-4DC2-BCCF-C0374C700D07.jpeg

And here are the 5 gallon MC girls, 3 Blue Dream and a Cluster Bomb all running about 3 foot

ABC3CAF8-F40E-463B-973C-FE623F48131A.jpeg

Our security officer, Mr Snoop Dog taking a break from patrolling to chew on a stick here in the foreground. Gotta be careful around him, he’ll run up behind you with a big stick and take the legs out from under you ;)

Continuing our tour, we arrive at the garden where the LOS girls share their digs with the giant pumpkin.

553732AC-7B52-4895-B4CC-BEAE8AD16708.jpeg

Of the 4 Garden Girls, we will start with this girl who grew 3 limbs per node and was topped leaving 6 limbs which have been bent, stretched and pinned down to spread her out. Yesterday I decided to put a cage around her and open her up some more. She appears to be about 2 weeks behind her sisters who are showing early signs of flower.

78D1B7FD-A738-4DF4-B276-ABF87C282086.jpeg

Next in the garden we have the girl who has the largest pumpkin as a bed mate. She has not been cut, but I had been pulling her main stem back at an angle to promote better branching and more bud sites. She also had a few of her lower limbs pulled down again yesterday. She is 5’ at hEr highest point and the pumpkin beside her is approaching 24” diameter.

819C6171-55D7-48FC-86A3-35116A2FAC35.jpeg

Now we have the “racked“ girl. Again, no topping, but was pulled back and tied to the rack as she grew. Having the pumpkin in between the girls has made accessing the area between the girls troublesome. Next year, NO pumpkins near my girls :rofl: Being 4’ across x 4’ long and about 4’+ tall, she is likely to be a monster in full bloom.

CB860AAF-69EA-4995-8FD2-EBE47B38D567.jpeg

Last but not least, this girl self topped herself giving 2 mains that have been pulled down and out. She’s not grew as big as I had expected but is by no means a small plant.

06779DBD-A60A-452E-8163-D061A29F974C.jpeg

All the girls in pots/totes are getting 6g/gal of Mega Crop daily and drinking between 1 and 4 gallons a day depending on the size.

The garden girls are only getting water when I feel they need it, generally based on the look of the pumpkin, when it needs water, the girls get some as well.

I notice many of you have girls farther ahead in flower than my girls, but I expected late flowering with the Cluster Bomb, was unsure of Blue Dream, but as both are Sativa leaning hybrids, it doesn’t surprise me.

Even though I know they tend to flower faster under the Big Light in the Sky, and some BD I’ve grown can be ready with weeks 6/7 inside, I will be surprised if any are ready before mid October. Hopefully we have a relatively storm free and not too wet a fall this year :)

Beautiful gardens, The.
The size of some of those! They are looking far too happy, aren’t they? Just like kids should before the shift to adulthood. Nice work.
Reminds me I have to fix my lawnmower. I don’t fancy having to mow yours, mate.
Bring on the flowers!

Yes, fingers crossed the fall weather here cooperates. We are just starting into hurricane season here and as busy as it’s been in the south, just hoping any headed our way peter out before they get here :)

As for lawns, I have a big zero turn Toro, takes about 1/2 hr to mow that back yard which makes up about 1/2 my lawn. I mow close to an acre :rofl:

If I had my way though, the whole back yard would be a cannabis garden :ganjamon:

The gardens are looking top notch Celt, as are lots of back yard grows around here this summer. the weather has really co-operated, so far. Just did a road trip along the eastern shore this past week, grows in full swing everywhere. Are you milking that pumpkin? needs a bit more girth before you can take it for a paddle. lol

Morning Joe & Shed :)

It has been an amazing summer for outdoor grows, not so much for working outside though lol

As for the pumpkin, it was planted “just for the hell of it” and other than some good soil, the only thing I have given it has been some KNO3 with its last watering. It’s got about 2 more month to grow so it’s likely to reach a fair size but doubt it’ll be big enough to enter into the regatta :rofl: but a 150-200lb Jack-o-lantern will be cool at Halloween

Morning Joe & Shed :)

It has been an amazing summer for outdoor grows, not so much for working outside though lol

As for the pumpkin, it was planted “just for the hell of it” and other than some good soil, the only thing I have given it has been some KNO3 with its last watering. It’s got about 2 more month to grow so it’s likely to reach a fair size but doubt it’ll be big enough to enter into the regatta :rofl: but a 150-200lb Jack-o-lantern will be cool at Halloween
Although something I have never seen as yet paddling in a pumpkin is up there. A good day trip to Windsor for this fall sounds good. Bet it will probably be one more thing Covid will cancel.:(

Well as nasty as that storm was last evening, no real major damage here.

One of the 5 gallon girls blew over and the twin with multiple tops had 2 over her mains bent over

4A92DB61-4B71-40C2-8B9F-C2EB7BD6DE6A.jpeg

I had pushed it back up some and propped it for the night and this morning, you would never know she’d laid down :)

The hail didn’t bother the girls, but the leaves of my pumpkin plant look like someone shot them with buckshot

1DED0126-DB5D-448D-8778-B9BAB6B778B6.jpeg

For as fierce as that storm front was, other than a big limb on one of my trees breaking, that’s all the damage I have seen :) and the air has cleared and it now feels like fall, warm but not hot, breezy and cool at night, my favourite time of year.

Well as nasty as that storm was last evening, no real major damage here.

One of the 5 gallon girls blew over and the twin with multiple tops had 2 over her mains bent over

4A92DB61-4B71-40C2-8B9F-C2EB7BD6DE6A.jpeg

I had pushed it back up some and propped it for the night and this morning, you would never know she’d laid down :)

The hail didn’t bother the girls, but the leaves of my pumpkin plant look like someone shot them with buckshot

1DED0126-DB5D-448D-8778-B9BAB6B778B6.jpeg

For as fierce as that storm front was, other than a big limb on one of my trees breaking, that’s all the damage I have seen :) and the air has cleared and it now feels like fall, warm but not hot, breezy and cool at night, my favourite time of year.

That's great news Celt. Nothing more unsettling than listening to a storm all night and wondering how the ladies are holding up...

:cheer::rollit:

Lol I was caught in it lol I had gone out to the garage to get my steak off the bbq when lightning struck nearby, and before I could put the steak on the plate, all hell broke loose. All I could do was stand there looking stupid waiting for it to let up enough to make a mad dash for the house, steak in hand, it was well washed in the 50 foot sprint :rofl:

I used to love to sit out on the screen porch and have a beer and enjoy big storms like that. Until one lightning bolt came and hit the ground about 30 feet from me. I just about went through the door to get in! That stuff's not to be enjoyed like that is my conclusion. Natures power is unlimited. Good to see your garden's going to be fine! And you too!

Thanks @stoneotter ,

I was the same as you until I had 2 close calls. First one about 50’ from me while picking mushrooms, the 2nd time while out on a small lake (10 acres maybe) when it struck shore about 100’ feet from us. I decided back then, that as much as I like a good storm, I’ll watch from under cover and not give Ole Mamma Nature a third chance to get me :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom