Celt’s 2020 Grows

That's Great a couple other people are starting later too. Glad you are looking forward to growing it and you can watch my grow. @Pennywise has one he has started as well. That way you can see how they do
:high-five:

Time for a weekly update.

It has been hot and humid here for the past couple weeks with temps in the high 20s to low 30s Celsius (approx 82 to 90F) with humidity making it feel like the high 30s to low 40s (90 to 100+ F) and the plants have been loving it.

The big Cluster Bomb is now 5’6” above soil and I believe I have amputated all the limbs infected by the corn borer larvae.

DBAC22E2-97E1-4FC2-8DDC-BCE8CB741570.jpeg

Next up the twins who have really grown this past week

2D319BA7-F8DD-4721-AFAB-02D8A6C2893B.jpeg
DC92491F-EE0D-4901-B8F2-691B96364582.jpeg

Shot of the 5gal MC girls

95E5F5C0-6858-4ED0-B233-D7BDEB93DF9E.jpeg

And last but far from least, the Garden Girls hanging out with the giant pumpkin

1D1BE650-C865-48C6-B5D4-EB443AFBF4C5.jpeg

72BBE3F1-9E41-4A0D-A563-51E0A26DDB81.jpeg
85CACAD4-88C3-4875-A468-A7E6D7BC81DA.jpeg
ABD4EE9A-E948-4AEE-BABB-7889906D7A3A.jpeg
11571701-3FB4-452E-9AD3-A9282C8F6F2B.jpeg

That‘s my girls this week, with another 8 to 10 to go before harvest.

Happy growing friends :)

Hey guys, thanks muchly, I love growing outside where there are no space restrictions. I am also impressed with the size of the Garden Girls given that they didn’t go into the ground until the 1st and 2nd week of June.

I doubt they will reach the size of the ones I grew on my first grow, they were bigger starting out and were in the ground mid May that year, but they will be bigger than anything I’ve grown since due to having time to tend them, something I haven’t had the luxury of the past 4 years.

They should start showing flower in the next couple of weeks and today, they will get a dose of molasses and water as I need to water the pumpkin anyway and it requires a LOT of potassium.

How may "roughly" different strains have you used GA3 on that successfully made seeds from? Just wondering, seems that GA3 doesn't work on 100% of strains. Hence my question ;)
To the best of my knowledge I only know of 3 strains it's not working well with.

Hey CB, I have only used it 2x so far, the Blue Dream with great success and the PC with dismal results.

I do know that it is what seed banks use to make feminized seed that they sell.

I also know that the PC pheno I had was a miserable bitch to grow, always some issue with her that I could never figure out. @Weaselcracker seems to have the same pheno as I had given the issues he has with her. I made the comment a while back that I would describe her as ”just like every other woman I have had a relationship with: you will know when she’s not happy, but be god damned if she will tell you why”

She is even miserable to clone.

Because of her issues, I figure she is likely hard to reverse and may take some experimenting to figure out the best treatment. Next round with her, if/when I can get another cut, I will be trying different GA3 ppm levels to she how she reacts.

The recommended ppm is between 100 and 200 for reversing females, but too high and you will actually prevent flowering. The PC may be more sensitive to GA3 than other strains and require a lower ppm to produce well and lower the stretch.

Expecting the Blue Dream to start anytime, the Big Girl being a Cluster Bomb will likely be a week or 2 behind.

Yesterday, I hauled 16 gallons of water for the girls and another 8 for the pumpkin. Been little to no rain here for the past couple weeks and high humid temperatures and the plants are loving it.

Hey CB, I have only used it 2x so far, the Blue Dream with great success and the PC with dismal results.

I do know that it is what seed banks use to make feminized seed that they sell.

I also know that the PC pheno I had was a miserable bitch to grow, always some issue with her that I could never figure out. @Weaselcracker seems to have the same pheno as I had given the issues he has with her. I made the comment a while back that I would describe her as ”just like every other woman I have had a relationship with: you will know when she’s not happy, but be god damned if she will tell you why”

She is even miserable to clone.

Because of her issues, I figure she is likely hard to reverse and may take some experimenting to figure out the best treatment. Next round with her, if/when I can get another cut, I will be trying different GA3 ppm levels to she how she reacts.

The recommended ppm is between 100 and 200 for reversing females, but too high and you will actually prevent flowering. The PC may be more sensitive to GA3 than other strains and require a lower ppm to produce well and lower the stretch.

Thanks Celt.

I'm thinking I should take 2 clones and use diff strength on each. 100ppm and 200ppm.
5 day spray and flip to 12/12. I wanna be sure it works the 1st time lol

Overdue for an update, better late than never ;)

First up, the twin who topped herself growing 2 mains, then decided to grow a 3rd where the main stem should have been. In a 15gal tote, hempy style, she is drinking just about 2 gallons of MegaCrop per day.

98B87BE8-DF52-48B2-9891-192889648073.jpeg

Next is her twin sister who is growing normally in a tree like fashion. 2 gallons a day MC for her as well
32AE64CC-1929-4125-8589-994E965BDF83.jpeg

Next up we have the Cluster Bomb in a 20 gallon pot and drinking 4 gallons of MC each day.
4EAD1EE3-7BC0-4BA5-BC54-121091FAE577.jpeg

and here are the 5gal bucket girls, each getting near a gallon MC per day
34F12B6B-678B-423E-A540-EA933C5DA88F.jpeg

All of these girls getting MC @ 6g/gal.

Now for the garden girls sharing digs with the giant pumpkin.
4021FD53-741C-4DDB-B8E2-95402A2E055D.jpeg

The girls in the garden are much darker green than their sisters in the buckets/totes. It will be interesting to see how they compare at harvest. The MC is more work, hauling approx 12gals of feed per day plus another 12 gallons of water to top off the reservoir, whereas my organic garden girls get about 2 gallons of water twice a week at most, even in this heatwave.

Thats all for now folks, flowering should soon start with these girls.

The garden is looking A-1 there Celt. No deer problem, as well as bears they seem to be everywhere this summer? Looks as though your pumpkins could stand a little rain. Myself, bring on the heat but turn off the humidity. Makes for some long sticky days at work. Been lucky so far as most jobs have been on the coast and not inland.:peace::ganjamon:

Girls are looking great, Celt!
Are you planning any kind of light deprivation for them while flowering?

Thanks DAB,

I leave the outdoor girls to the whim of Ole Mother Nature. Barring remnants of hurricanes, the weather hear generally holds good into late October and sometimes later. I just have to keep an eye out for budrot if/when the rains hit. For the most part, it is windy enough here that they get dried quite quickly and only weaker plants have issues.

My hope for you is that they all ripen at different times. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Beautiful trees and shrubbery you have Celt. :thumb:

Morning Shed, my property here lends itself well to growing out of sight of the public and being a “mountain man” as Krista calls me, I leave the boundaries grow wild lol lots of raspberries, black berries and chokecherry trees as well as various wild apple and other shrubbery.

As for ripening, with only 2 strains and 13 plants, I suspect I will be in full on harvest mode and trim jail from late September into early November. Blue Dream will likely be late September into mid October, and having grown Cluster Bomb before, she will be ready towards the end of October.

Five years ago, when I had a similar grow (number and size of plants), I had lots of help during harvest. Now with Dad passed on, my boys grown and off living their own lives, and Krista having the issues with neuropathy, I am going to be a busy man come harvest lol

The garden is looking A-1 there Celt. No deer problem, as well as bears they seem to be everywhere this summer? Looks as though your pumpkins could stand a little rain. Myself, bring on the heat but turn off the humidity. Makes for some long sticky days at work. Been lucky so far as most jobs have been on the coast and not inland.:peace::ganjamon:

Morning to you as well Joe,

The girls have been loving this weather, even if I don’t lol I am off work again, the company I went to work for had major contracts put on hold and being on salary, they couldn’t justify keeping me working, so I get to do more work around here and hide from the heat mid day.

As for wild life, a pheasant has been the only visitor, he was taking dust bathes in the pumpkin patch until the vines took over :)

This fella patrols the yard and deer and bear avoid my place ;)
CB7145B3-6F6D-4EED-B8BF-15B32C4E82D9.jpeg

The pumpkins could use some rain, in the past 6 weeks we have gotten very little rain. I have been hauling about 45 gallons of water every day for the past week or so to keep the girls in the totes/buckets fed and to water the pumpkin and garden girls. The pumpkins always look droopy midday and perk back up in the evenings, they probably could use more water but hauling water in one gallon jugs gets monotonous :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom