CFL first grow

Hey everyone, I'm a first time grower in England with a small set up of under 1M2. I have 2 snowstorm Auto's and a super crytical on the go, under 8 CFLs giving 650 watts and over 9000 lumin. The area has good ventilation etc.

What I'm here for is any help or tips anyone can give me for a better grow.

My first plant is almost ready with the second a few weeks behind then the super another couple of weeks behind that.

My first question is will the trycromes go amber under CFLS? as they dont seem to be even though my plant is now 8 weeks. Many thanks to anyone who can help

your trichomes will turn amber, but you'll have to be patient. Most breeders tell you 8 weeks of flowering, but it will take longer than that for your plants to fully mature. Post a couple pics to show us and we'll see what kind of advice we can offer. Congrats on having a successful grow so far

A majority of people wait about intill 10% or so off pistils turn amber & flush their pot of any excessive nutrient build ups & then leave the plants to flower for another 2 weeks with out feeding any nutrients before harvesting commence's.

Having excessive nutrients in your soil/growing medium at end of harvest can lead to harsh tasting/smoking bud !

Rule of the thumb is aprox 30% to 50% amber pistils, can be greater but thats an individual choice :thumb:

I prefer going by the trichome developement, this you will need a small microscope or decent magnifing class to view em with my own taste being 90% cloudy trichomes.

P.s trichome developement may take longer with other strains as each strain is different from the other & may take longer to develope even with a high amber pistil ratio !

Back
Top Bottom