CFL Grow Two Blackberry & Two Bluedream Bag Seeds

tobiherbe

Ok my grow room is 3x2x6 a nice size for 4plants,im using fox farm soil, with maxi gro for veg,and for flowering im using micale grow bloom booster with molassas. my pots are 2 and a half gallons,i made my own light fixture like always lol..for veg i used 4 23 watt cfls for 5 weeks..then flowered with 8 23 watt cfl 13,200 lumens altogether..ive grown before with cfl and they work good for me i can get 3 oz per plant dryed and i was using mircale grow soil then,now i got fox farm lets see the differents.but not that i told all that i havin sum heat problem in this grow i have to keep the door open for it to be cool in there..i cant put hole in the wall at my apartment and i put some exuast fans but its not really workin..i was thinkin of makin a home made air conditioner wat do u think help me out ima post some pics.....
1337104802512.jpg
1337104781235.jpg
1337104741743.jpg
1337104726696.jpg
1337104704514.jpg
1337104695757.jpg
1337104695757.jpg
1337104687856.jpg
1337104665746.jpg

Re: cfl grow two blackberry and two bluedream bag seeds

how close should i have the lights to the plants im flowering now..and i need help my temp get 85 to 90 degrees..i have two computer fans pullin the hot air out but it seems to not work that gd..

put your exhaust fans as high as possible im not totally sure from your pictures but it looks like there on the ground remember heat rises and also co2 is heavier than oxygen so it stays lower down and you will be extracting the co2 from your room . to be honest i cant see how you would be having heat issues with such small bulbs have you checked you thermometer ?? i have a 600w hps and 4 300w cfl's running in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 meter tent in my thermal insulated loft without any heat issues but then it is quite cold in england lol .

your plants look really healthy i cant see any heat stress so i wouldn't worry about it too much .

i have my cfl's pretty much touching the plants maybe an inch or 2 away even 300w are cool enough to touch by hand and hold on too so i would say as close as possible but looking at your plants your doing a fine job so maybe keep everything as it is if it works why fix it :thumb:

thanks royy.. i was thinkin i should buy another theromometer this one is too cheap i think its not working right...i made sum changes to my grow room im gonna update with pic today..so u think i should move thoses fans to the top off the door becuz they are on the floor..im gonna be adding more light too..

this might sound like a dumb question but where is your thermometer? is it at the hight of your plants or up at eye level? didnt see it. agreed about the exhaust fans being to low as mr royy said. but if your thermometer isnt down at plant level you may not be getting a proper reading of grow temp. if its up high then your reading the hottest part of your grow area. just a thought:peace: nice plants too

well i took those three fans in my growroom out and put a big fan...and added to more computer fan at the bottom.but u guys got me thinking!!!!!ok that thermometer i think ima buy another one monday its like it never drop below 80..at night it really dark down stair becuz i keep tha light off and door open with my air conditioner on..my apartment gets cold like 70 degrees and my thermometer still reads 80 and lights on its 90 but my plants love it.......
IMG_20120518_094923.jpg
IMG_20120516_190142.jpg
IMG_20120516_190137.jpg
IMG_20120516_190128.jpg
IMG_20120516_190124.jpg

ok i have a question..ive grown lost of plants in flowering stage without humidity being 50 to 60%.i always had it at like 20% AND PLANTS LOVED IT AND I HAD NICE FROSTY BUDS...what percentage should i keep my humidity in flowering stage? and fish cake i did have that thermometer level with the light on these pics,,but i moved it level with the plants lastnight and the temp stayed the same this thermometer is trash huh...

45% to 55% but everything your doin looks great! dont sweat the small stuff. oh yeah when you do go to flower watch leaving the door open at nite unless your sure that no lite from another source can get to her. jus:peace:t my 2 cents

i got you fish cakes lol..i already started flowering this will be going on second week..my plants sexed in 6 days.last week but ya its no light getting there at night.downstairs in pitch black wen lights are off.light come back on at 730am

right on bro I was thinkin you had it down lookin at your grow just trying to help:circle-of-love:

As a newb I'm going to post this as a question as I really have not tried it yet.

If you find your temps are really in the 85F range, can't you just add a DIY CO2 to the closet?

It's my understanding that once you up the CO2 levels, the plants do best in this temp range.

I do however have over 10 years experience with DYI CO2 for planted fish tanks, on a large scale. It's really not that difficult.

3CO2.jpg

As a newb I'm going to post this as a question as I really have not tried it yet.

If you find your temps are really in the 85F range, can't you just add a DIY CO2 to the closet?

It's my understanding that once you up the CO2 levels, the plants do best in this temp range.

I do however have over 10 years experience with DYI CO2 for planted fish tanks, on a large scale. It's really not that difficult.

3CO2.jpg

hi pure01
its funny you mention the co2 i rigged these up today , i need some advise. the boost bottles at the back have 500g of sugar and a teaspoon of powder yeast in water its fizzing away nicely so it must be giving off gas and the pressure should be forcing it out the pipe at the top right ?? will this be giving me any real extra co2 do you think ?

thanks royy
19052012324.jpg

oh yeah boss this will help but you really only need a 1/4 of the surgar if bubbles to much the yeast will build in the tube and clog cause the bottles to possibly burst. I have done the same recipie just less surgar and it lasts about 2 weeks and try not to use it when your fans are on or it just gets blown away :peace: unless your in a sealed enviroment

nice 1 bud just what i wanted to hear , ill keep a close eye on them and use less next time

hey guys so wat do i need to build that..co2 i talking about ive never done that but i would love to try my temp wont go below 85 sumtime it hit 90 but plant still looking gd..

so here is al you need some bread yeast some surgar and I use a plastic milk jug and some airline tubing for your aquarium. tak a small drill bit a little smaller then the air line take the cap to the jug and drill a hole put the tube in the hole, you may have to reem it out to make it fit. pending on how big the jug is fill it 3/4 of the way up with water no more then 110 degrees add 1 tsb of yeast and 1/4cup of surgar shake it for a few seconds and put the lid on with the tube sticking out. try and get the tube a little over the top of the plants. as co2 is heavier than oxagen it will sink to the bottom. and again if you are running fans, exsauhst it will just suck it out. I like early in the morning when its still cool enough for a couple hours to use the co2 so your fans dont have to be on. that said once you start the yeast she wont stop so there you go:peace:look at what royy has done. almost spot on@ royy if you have more tubbing try and route it just over top of your plants:peace:

i had to chop an inch off my air pipes from a bubble bucket i have going. once i get some more hose ill try and fit it up some how with some t pieces so it falls over the plants :thanks:

A note on the Co2 lines. CO2 will degrade the cheap vinyl fish tank tubing. Spend the extra few bucks and get the silicon based tubing from any online fish supply or petsm*rt will carry it. It holds up much better over time.

Back
Top Bottom