Charon187 First Serious Grow Dec 09

so here is my DIY cloner

ok here we go the first pic is of how all the pvc pipe, pump and spray heads sit while in the tub

The blue sprayers are 180 degree and the reds are 360 degree. you can also see the weatherstriping i placed on the lid of the tub.

rsz_dsc01545.jpg

this pic is a side view to show that the pvc is not glued together. the point is that it can be easily dissasembled after each cloning to remove all debis and make it sanitary for the next clone's. the reason i used sprinkler riser pipe is because it is easily cut to fit and a lot cheaper than buying nipples.

rsz_dsc01547.jpg

In this view you can see how each row of clones will sit inbetween two feed lines insuring equal 360 degree coverage of the roots that will be forming.
the coverage is amazing and even with not gluing all the pipes the pressure is really shocking with a 286 gph pump.

rsz_dsc01548.jpg

this last pic shows the opening on the bottom left that the power cord will run thru. all of the holes are sized for standard EZCLONE neoprene disc's.
the power cord will also be in a disk to keep everything water tight.

rsz_dsc01550.jpg

if i could go back and change anything i would have used a lot larger bin.
im going to have a hell of a time making the dome i have for it fit. the dome is just to large. oh well eventually ill make a new one .

i have less than 100$ invested in this the most expensive parts being the pump and spray heads. i bought twice as many as i ended up needing so i could have cut my costs by as much as 25$ had i shopped around better and planned it out more.

still better than 300$ on an ezcloner.

hope you guys enjoy!!!

CHEERS!

hey screw, yeah i have adjusted down just waiting till the morning to recheck letting it stabilise a little after the second res change lol.

cheers!

10 dec 09 update.

ph 6.5 and adjusting down again
ppm 761 thats at 1/3 nutes
res temp is 70 degrees
room temp is 84
humidity is up to 37
outside room is 50

funny thing i wish i had a pic of is the roof on the house covered in frost this morning expect the roof over my growroom lolol

basic room shot from today
rsz_1dsc015441.jpg

heres the back the two last ones are bubba kush the two front are trainwreck
the trainwreck on the right looks like a palm tree

rsz_dsc01556.jpg

im trying to buy 4 new clones today to rip some of the ones i have managed to stunt heres the best of the trainwreck

rsz_dsc01555.jpg

trying to save this one i murdered its friend this morning i had to pull the plug
if you can belive it was worse off than this lol

rsz_dsc01558.jpg

my girlfriends seedlings on nov 27 the right is unknown the left is strawberry kush

rsz_2dsc01522.jpg

the same today

rsz_dsc01559.jpg

strawberry

rsz_1dsc01563.jpg

unknown

rsz_dsc01562.jpg

hers are in a spare closet under my old 400 watt hps with a fan

cheers kids!

Hey Charon187

The cloner looks pro! I still us vermiculite/perlite. I have wanted to try building a cloner to see if I can get healthier plants. Healthy cuttings are the most important step to getting big yields. Looking at your cloner makes building one a lot more tempting. Keep up the good work and can't wait to see it in action!

Cheers,

RW

:thanks: it's so easy man just do it!!!!!

Thanks man!!!!!

this morning im seeing some major improvements in the stability of the grow room.
ph is stable @6.4 it hasnt rose since yesterday
ppm is @777
temp is at 82
humidity is way up at 42% !!!! that was a hurdle for me i couldnt get it above 36

going to replace 2 clones pretty soon here

this palm tree isnt doing it for me

rsz_dsc01570.jpg

and this one is just hurting

rsz_dsc01568.jpg

todays humidity is finally up to 49%
ph is @ 6.0 had to adjust down
temp is @ 84
ppm 781

i cant figure out exactly why my ph keeps rising but at least its taking longer.
still hunting for two clones to replace the palm tree and the one from the last pic

meanwhile my girlfriends soil girls are amazing....... as usual......... :p

hey butcher thanks for stopping by!

the second one got burned by the light when i first got em (forgot to turn fan on)
the palm tree is..... meh...... a palm tree lol
on the plus side i realized i have been reading my ppm wrong lolol
soooooo todays info
PH 6.4
PPM 405 (for real this time)
res temp 70
room 84
humidity down to 39%

my my my

how we learn from our mistakes.
I bought two clones today they are recon.
i was told by the seller that they are an la confidential chocolope hybrid.
i really dont know i have found several different strains on the net. no two seem too agree so well just have to wait and see.

all i know is YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! this learning curve is what i get for being cheap.

now for some pics!

roots and tops !!!!

#1 i shall name her ...... ummmm....... recon # 1

rsz_dsc01573.jpg

her roots

rsz_dsc01572.jpg

and now my second new girl who shall be named the illustrious #2!

rsz_dsc01575.jpg

her bum

rsz_dsc01574.jpg

now for comparison!
the new girls are infront palm tree and burn victim next and ghost peppers that refuse to die in background

rsz_dsc01571.jpg

this kids is not what you want!!!!

rsz_dsc01579.jpg

LOOK MA NO ROOTS!!! oh wait..... thats not cool.....

rsz_dsc01578.jpg

second lesson of the day.

wait i shouldnt water 4 times a day for a total of an hour and 15 minutes??
really?:geek:

so what your saying is that i was drowning my girls? :sorry:

and maybe i killed them????? :rip:

and maybe ..... just maybe...... even though i think i am garden chili pepper master i dont know fuck all about cannabis and perhaps even though i can build anything i see that doesnt translate well into growing cannabis and maybe i should be quite a bit more fucking humble instead of forcing everything i touch to bow to my will and just chill the fuck out and realize i have a fuck ton more to learn?.....:thedoubletake:
Hmmm......

now to adjust my ph more.............

but i do love this....

so yeah i replaced the worst two with the recon was the point i guess of my rant!

CHEERS!

Hang in there Charon, it will get better. Getting all of this out early will help you out down the road... Recon is actually La Confidential and cannalope...
:Rasta:

Keep goin bro, you can definitely turn it around. Trust me, i totally f*cked up my first grow lol. What I did was try not to see situations as a mistake, but as a lesson learned. You'll do great!;) :cheer:

thanks guy's for the words of encouragement. i appreciate it alot

i just need to dial in my watering times and get my ph under controll. this morning its down to 6.1 im aiming for 6 even. my ppm is down near 250 and im leaving it alone untill i figure out my watering schedual. i have reset it to three times a day durning light cycle only i might even go to twice a day have to do some research.

cheers!

Back
Top Bottom