Serious 6 - My First Grow

what are your temperature and humidity levels? you want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity in vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. what is the soil/soiless mixture you are using? what nutrients are you feeding and how much of what? what are you adjusting the pH of your nutrient mixture to? you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. are the buds that the pistils have withered on in front of your fan? what is the pH of the first runoff from your pots when you water? yellowing of the bottom leaves is normal during flowering. the brown patches on your leaves is a deficiency and does appear to be a phosphorous deficiency but without being able to pull your plants out of your tent it will be difficult to treat. it does look like your plants have released pollen and seeded themselves.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

i've got 68°F on the bottom of the plant and 86 at the top.
humidity 30%
i never measured the ph value :( thought this is not so important when growing in soil.

moving the plants out of the tent is no problem!

i'm using Plagron Grow mix soil --> Plagron Grow-Mix mit Perlite, 50 Liter | grow home! or here: Growmix | rijkelijk voorbemest substraat met wormenhumus | Plagron
and in addition, nutes, the Plagron Grow Box with 5 different nutes: Top Grow Box 100% TERRA | totaalpakket voor de kweek op 1 m2 | Plagron

will i be able to smoke them?
can i use the seeds for my next grow?
should i cut of the seeds or just let the plants go ahead?
there are bananas on 3 of the 6 plants and all of them are full of seeds.
that really sucks..... 10 weeks of work and now this...i'm really pissed.

can i use this tent for my next grow? any special cleaning procedure before starting?

thx a lot.
KeepSmiling

how far are you from harvest ?
at the point your'e a just keep them all,
It happens that some plant grow flowers at the end of there flowering period to autopolinate them selves.
it happened to one strain I have and all the seeds I got where female. and the buds are still smokable !
you'll be able to use the same tent just clean it , I always clean after a grow and you are all set !

i've got 68°F on the bottom of the plant and 86 at the top.
humidity 30%
i never measured the ph value :( thought this is not so important when growing in soil.

moving the plants out of the tent is no problem!

i'm using Plagron Grow mix soil --> Plagron Grow-Mix mit Perlite, 50 Liter | grow home! or here: Growmix | rijkelijk voorbemest substraat met wormenhumus | Plagron
and in addition, nutes, the Plagron Grow Box with 5 different nutes: Top Grow Box 100% TERRA | totaalpakket voor de kweek op 1 m2 | Plagron

will i be able to smoke them?
can i use the seeds for my next grow?
should i cut of the seeds or just let the plants go ahead?
there are bananas on 3 of the 6 plants and all of them are full of seeds.
that really sucks..... 10 weeks of work and now this...i'm really pissed.

can i use this tent for my next grow? any special cleaning procedure before starting?

thx a lot.
KeepSmiling

your Plagron Grow-Mix is a combination of peat moss and worm castings. you will be able to smoke the buds from your cannabis plants just remove the seeds when you harvest, the potency will be lower because of the seeded buds though. I found that seeds will take 4-5 weeks to mature after pollination. you should remove the pollen sack bananas from your buds. let your plants finish flowering. after your harvest you should spray and wipe down your grow tent with a 5% bleach /95% water solution.

Great news - free seeds!

Pollen isn't a very persistent substance, and it hates water, so after a wash down you have no problems - smile :) Everyone likes free weed :)

xx

your Plagron Grow-Mix is a combination of peat moss and worm castings. you will be able to smoke the buds from your cannabis plants just remove the seeds when you harvest, the potency will be lower because of the seeded buds though. I found that seeds will take 4-5 weeks to mature after pollination. you should remove the pollen sack bananas from your buds. let your plants finish flowering. after your harvest you should spray and wipe down your grow tent with a 5% bleach /95% water solution.

i cant remove the bananas as there are just too many...hundreds of em'!

Can i use the seeds for my next grow?
or is there a higher risk of getting hermies again with this seeds?

cheers,
KeepSmiling

Hi Keepsmiling!
Here's a thread that discusses the possibilities of female hermied plants producing female seeds. I don't know the answer for sure, but I thought it might help:
Hermied plant - seeds?
Here I am working at trying to get my own seeds by selective pollinating, and you have hundreds by accident! That's worth smiling about! Wash the tent down really well, as KJC stated. Top/bottom/corners...all around.
The bud shots are beautiful by the way!:thumb:

i cant remove the bananas as there are just too many...hundreds of em'!

Can i use the seeds for my next grow?
or is there a higher risk of getting hermies again with this seeds?

cheers,
KeepSmiling

pollen that is produced by bolting should be feminized pollen and create feminized seeds. without photographs of the pollen sacks and when they were produced it is impossible to say whether it will pass along a hermaphrodite gene.

Tried my best to get some good close-up shots... you can see there are lots of pollen sacks
also you can already see some green seeds popping out

IMG_44984.JPG
IMG_44943.JPG
IMG_44924.JPG
IMG_44916.JPG
IMG_44906.JPG
IMG_44895.JPG
IMG_44864.JPG
IMG_44842.JPG
IMG_44832.JPG
IMG_44811.JPG

Cheers,
KeepSmiling

pollen that is produced by bolting should be feminized pollen and create feminized seeds. without photographs of the pollen sacks and when they were produced it is impossible to say whether it will pass along a hermaphrodite gene.

hope the pictures are ok, cant tell when the sacks were produced though...

how many days of flowering are you at? I would contact Claude at Serious Seeds and let him know the problem you have had with this strain. here is the contact page for Serious Seeds.

taken from en.seedfinder.eu

"Plants have a short flowering period for a sativa, only 8 weeks and producing compact, not too leafy buds fully covered with a coat of resin crystals. The smell and taste is somewhat like citronella.

Indoor clone grow time: 5 - 10 days
Indoor flowering time: 56 - 58 days (8 weeks)
Indoor yield: 350 - 500 grams/m²
Outside / Greenhouse harvest time: Mid. September"

taken from a seed bank

"Serious 6

Serious 6 was created by mixing genetics from Canada with Sativa-landraces from Africa through a long process of selection and cross-breeding. We wanted to create a strain, which is very mold-resistant and will finish EARLY outdoors in a humid and cold climate at the end of September. Outdoors she grows tall and slender with full buds with very few small leaves and a particularly thick layer of cristals. Half of the plants will show beautiful pink pistils. At the end of flowering these pink colors are substituted by purple colors of the calyxes and leaves. The Serious 6 is an almost pure Sativa with a very short flowering time, which also gives amazing results indoors. She will fill up and produce dense long buds glistening with trichomes. The aroma of Serious 6 cannot be compared to other cannabis varieties, it is built up in layers; citric, anise, spicy are only a few of the recognizable aromas. Her effect is a cristal clear head-high, which will get you active and creative. At the Spannabis 2013 an indoor bud was tested at the CANNA-lab with 17% THC, that was the highest measured THC-content of ALL strains tested that day!

Fast flowering Sativa with pink pistils!

1st place Bio Weed on HighLife Cup 2013 in Amsterdam

Type: F1-hybrid, almost pure Sativa
Recommended veg. time seedlings: 3-(4) weeks
Indoor flowering time: 55 - 60 days
Indoor yield: 400-550 gr/m2
Outdoor/Greenhouse harvest time: End of September"

i think i'm 1-2 weeks away from harvesting and i have no idea how to do it, so i'm looking for your help!
i started feeding the plants with water only a week ago.
is it true that you leave the plants without light for 3 days before harvest?
do you stop watering some days before aswell?
is there a good how-to anywhere on this forum?

thx a lot.
cheers,
KeepSmiling

Stop watering a few days before, less drying out to do. Some people leave the lights out for a day and some do more I think. I harvested only the mature buds on my first grow and left the bottom third to ripen more, that worked out well.

There are lots of threads here Harvest, Preparation & Curing

:peace:

Hey Guys :Namaste:
sorry for the late update - haven't had much time over christmas/new year and 2014 started with a lot
of work.
i'm done with harvesting :cheer:
here are the pics:
IMG_47842.JPG
IMG_47853.JPG
IMG_47863.JPG
IMG_47873.JPG
IMG_47882.JPG
IMG_47932.JPG
IMG_47942.JPG
IMG_47952.JPG
IMG_47963.JPG
IMG_47975.JPG
IMG_47983.JPG
IMG_47993.JPG

completely dried out by now.
already smoked a lot :D and i really love the clear high.

Cheers :thanks:
Luke

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom