Choosing a good Pheno

Th3Grow3rNooB

Hey everyone. For the first time i am in a position of having to choose a phenotype.

My situation is finally having two Sour Diesel plants, both are very different from eachother, and both are still in veg.

Pheno 1 : Growing stockier, tight internodes
Pheno 2: Growing taller, more space between nodes

I realise there isnt much infomation here, and we would know more once they flower, but whilst on the subject in this thread, what is it you guys all look for when choosing a pheno from a strain like Sour D ?

sativa or indica dominant strains thats what your describing.
It really is pop luck if you get hybrid strains i have found.
You want small and stocky indica you want tall and long flower sativa.

As you already know prob you want small stacking ladies stick with TRUE indica strains.
:)

sativa or indica dominant strains thats what your describing.
It really is pop luck if you get hybrid strains i have found.
You want small and stocky indica you want tall and long flower sativa.

As you already know prob you want small stacking ladies stick with TRUE indica strains.
So either there is a mis understanding, or i know less then i thought when comes to phenos/strains.

These are both Sour Diesel... One shows more indica traits, the other more sativa with more space between nodes...

With Indica i would go short stacking... this is sativa, which means i should go more space ? Or is it ok to pick a Sativa strain/pheno that displays Indica traits of tighter internodal stacking ?

All plants are beautiful and deserve a chance to grow. :hippy::peace:
Maybe do a stem rub and pick the one that smells better or select based on strength and vigor.
Agreed, but i dont have alot of space, and i prefer to run one pheno or strain from the same cuttings as i always have to keep a even canopy. This is first time i have gorwn from seed, with same strain, and this is my FIRST sativa, its already challenging me with its aggressive growth. Very curious which one to pick

That's hybrids for you,

MY guess would be that it depends on the breeder.
As to which indica dominant traits they want to TRY and keep.
Most strains that are hybrids can have ratios as much as 50/50% now a days.

If your SD is 10% indcia and 90% sativa and it was me and i was not happy with the stacking.
I would try a better ratio on the indcia side. (new breeder)

ME in this case as i like a smaller lady i would of cloned your more indica dominant.
As i also like a even canopy.

But this grow like you a silver haze has caught me by surprise im lucky to have two
lights and dimmed the one down over her.

Im also a strong beleaver in support before she needs support with a sativa.
Let her think she has big strong limbs even if she dont

Tried and tested get the genetics you like and clone them is my best advice.
If space is an issue as it is for me.

Just these dam breeders keep giving me seeds
And messing with my plan

PS. SD is a sativa dominant strain.

Hey everyone. For the first time i am in a position of having to choose a phenotype.

My situation is finally having two Sour Diesel plants, both are very different from eachother, and both are still in veg.

Pheno 1 : Growing stockier, tight internodes
Pheno 2: Growing taller, more space between nodes

I realise there isnt much infomation here, and we would know more once they flower, but whilst on the subject in this thread, what is it you guys all look for when choosing a pheno from a strain like Sour D ?
Many things factor into it. Growth rate, resin production, flower stretch, terp profile. liking being cloned is a huge factor for me. Some phenos just don't clone well. My advise is don't make a choice until you personally sample each one. Things can change a lot from harvest until a 4 week cure.

Many things factor into it. Growth rate, resin production, flower stretch, terp profile. liking being cloned is a huge factor for me. Some phenos just don't clone well. My advise is don't make a choice until you personally sample each one. Things can change a lot from harvest until a 4 week cure.
I'm with you on that... I call 'em "good cloners".

Back
Top Bottom