ClosetCase420's - RDWC - 600W MH/HPS - Aurora Indica - Grow Journal - 2016

Drain cleaner? You mean like Drano?

Are you concerned with putting chemicals like those into your environment? I mean I know it gets flushed but any residue on the inside of the pumps, lines, etc.. I think one of my issues is that I'm using a chiller and I have never cleaned the inside of the chiller so I'm sure it has all sorts of buildup. I should probably disconnect it from the res and run clean water with H202 through it to sorta sterilize it. What do you guys think?

Drain cleaner? You mean like Drano?

Are you concerned with putting chemicals like those into your environment? I mean I know it gets flushed but any residue on the inside of the pumps, lines, etc.. I think one of my issues is that I'm using a chiller and I have never cleaned the inside of the chiller so I'm sure it has all sorts of buildup. I should probably disconnect it from the res and run clean water with H202 through it to sorta sterilize it. What do you guys think?

After my incident with Pythium I am sold on h202. Now that being said I used it 50/50 and they recommend 10/90 so I was running a little hot.... With the way I saw what it does It is serious stuff.... but it did not clean my pump at 50/50 soaking for one hour and running for 15 minutes through it... my pythium came back. So I replaced the pump and cleaned again....

Sorry off track... Sure drano would work... bleach.... etc .. just h202 for hydro is safer... other stuff would need serious washing up with plain tap or something after but will sure kill baddies in there...

Just for maintenance i plan to once a month run 15 gallons or so of tap with strong h202 in it to drain. Any remaining h202 will just help after i fill it. I run Sterile and run it lightly in each batch of nutes i put in. I run coco drain to waste on a timer for feeds so automated..hydro coco grow... I will have to plan it as DTW i am an add as needed system that is never truly empty or changed...

Anyway keep smiling

FE

It works for me. All I do after I clean the system with the drain cleaner is run diluted h202 through it after and that's it. Everything is as clean as a whistle, no residue left and no chemicals from the drain cleaner left

It works for me. All I do after I clean the system with the drain cleaner is run diluted h202 through it after and that's it. Everything is as clean as a whistle, no residue left and no chemicals from the drain cleaner left

Excellent good to know... I will save the info somewhere in my head...(over here on that brain cell i guess) To add to my list of baddie weapons.... Seems in the last year so far I have gotten to test alot of plant remedies... Doh....

FE

(53 Days Veg)

notes for the last 10 days..

3/03 5.9 480
3/04 5.9 480
3/06 6.0 480
3/07 6.1 450
3/08 6.1 450
3/10 6.3 430 - it appears the plants are consuming now, the res is down about 1-2 gallons. I'll top off tomorrow of Saturday.
3/11 6.5 410 - res dumped.
feeding
I decided to feed a little higher dosage of each nute to raise ppm a bit, late veg.
50ml each CalMag,FG,FM,FB,FN,SB
3ml Orca
6.8 720 - res reading after refill, if pH is still high tomorrow I will use pH-
3/12 6.9 740 - pH is still high, added 1 cap pH- and will take reading in a few hours
6.3 720
3/13 6.1 730 - everything is looking stable

I had a real PITA accident the other day. When I was refilling the res I was trying to pick up a couple lose clay pebbles that were floating in the res. I'm not sure what happened but the left pot fell right through the hole and into the res. Clay pebble everywhere and half the plant under the lid and half the plant above the lid. I couldn't manage to get the net pot through the lid so I was forced to pull the plant down and under the lid and then place her back in through the top. In the process the main stem broke off so it's essentially as if I topped the plant but now how I wanted. Note to future self, working in the res with the SCROG only 8-10 inches does not leave any room when the plants are full veg.

I'm not really liking these plants so far. This is the first time I've grown anything other than Wonder Woman. These seem really bushy, like they are going to be difficult to manage as they continue to fill in.

20160313_173222.jpg

20160313_173239.jpg

20160313_173252.jpg

LOL...I loves these "note to self" comments you read on this site. Always makes me laugh.

Looking good though!!!

So you don't like a healthy fat Indica? Gonna have to check your meds.

(60 Days Veg)

I can't believe it's been almost 9 weeks and I'm still at least one to two weeks before I switch to flower. My plan is to try and fill the SCROG before I switch to flower, is that the right thing to do? I've been really bending her down in every direction hoping to fill out the scrog, appears to be working decently so far.

Notes for the last week..

3/14 5.8 730
3/15 5.7 680 - res is down about 3 gallons, ppm took a drop
3/18 5.9 730
3/19 6.1 770 - res is a bit crazy right now, down about 5 gallons
feeding 5 gallons
15ml each CalMag,FG,FM,FB,FN,SB
1ml Orca
feeding 6.1 680
3/20 6.1 730

(65 Days Veg)

Not a whole lot going on here, veg is soo boring :)

I had a total stoner moment today, probably enjoying the fruit of my last grow too much. The res was down about 5 gallons so I went ahead and made a 5 gallon feeding. I then proceeded to empty the entire res, DOH. Oh well, res change won't hurt anything :)

3/25 6.4 670 - res dumped
45ml each CalMag,FG,FB,FN,SB
60ml FM
3ml Orca
1 cap PH-

Current 6.1 700

20160325_194838.jpg

20160325_194826.jpg

I believe that is 14 days on that res? How long have you gotten it to go for now?

You say yours are 65 days. I love that nodal density. I gave mine booster juice too early and they have shot up. I will do a 41 day update today. Get out your measuring stick. I am starting bloom tonight.

Indeed it was 14 days on the res. These plants are not drinking anywhere near the amount of water the Wonder Woman was.

I lolipopped them a couple days ago and switched lighting to 12-12 today. They are short but stalky, they look ready I suppose :)

3/29 5.9 630 - switched to 12/12 lighting, lowered light to approx 16 inches off top of plant

20160329_174643.jpg

This plant is stretching, even with the lights only about 10 inches off of the plant she is reaching for the light every night.

20160407_093453.jpg

4/05 6.3 720 - (week 2 of flowering, raise PPM a bit)
feeding 5 gallons
30ml CalMag, SB
20ml each FG,FM,FB,FN,Nirvana (first time with Nirvana)
1ml Orca
feeding 6.1 950
4/07 6.3 810

4/08 6.5 840
4/09
feeding 5 gallons
30ml CalMag, SB
20ml each FG,FM,FB,FN,Nirvana
1ml Orca
1/2 cap ph-
feeding 5.3 860
4/11 6.3 880
4/12 full water change
80ml CalMag, SB
55ml each FG,FM,FB,FN, Nirvana
3ml Orca
2 cap PH-
feeding 5.8 870
* last time I dropped 2 seeds at 5 weeks into flower (today is 6 weeks)

So I mentioned that stretching was becoming a problem and it didn't seem to get better. I decided to build a second SCROG in an attempt to even out the canopy. Not ideal for 2 weeks into flowering but appears to be working so far.

20160412_135159.jpg

20160412_135214.jpg

20160412_135257.jpg

and one more of the base.

20160412_135238.jpg

I made a note above that I dropped these two Aurora seeds about 3 weeks into flowering on my previous Wonder Woman grow. I want to start a little earlier this time so I am going to start a single feminized AK-48 in a cup of water tonight. I drew up some plans for a mini case I am going to build to hold her for the next 6 weeks. This is the rig from last time and my plans for the case to build around it.

20160412_143437.jpg

20160120_203210.jpg

I'm going to cut holes in the top panel for the two light enclosures holding 4 CFLs. The recirculating tube is going bye bye and I'm going to use a single 6" air stone. Thoughts?

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Sorry for disappearing; discouraged at the lack of response from the last post. I would like to finish this out so please move back to journals in progress if you don't mind.

The Aurora Indica is now in week 7 of flower and unfortunately I have been less than thrilled with this grow.

The buds never seemed to really swell up and I'm not sure why.

Here are a few pictures of the current state..

20160515_152303.jpg

20160515_152324.jpg

20160515_152335.jpg

I've been using the same regiment that I used for my Wonder Woman grow which yielded just under 9 oz. Judging by the size of these buds I think I'll be lucky to yield 2-3 oz.

FG = FloraGro
FM = FloraMicro
FB = FloraBloom
FN = FloraNectar

feeding_log.png

I know the plants are curling up at the edges so I'm sure there is some type of deficiency now but is it to late to fix?

I bet those will be just fine just need some time. I think the curl is heat related. can you try turning down your light to minimum for a bit to see if that helps?

Is there a hydro store in your area you can go to? Can you call them and ask if they make an organic Compost tea? Most out here do and it is cheap and for these girls you may just want to pay up and dump it in to get it going. I can get some over the counter stuff that is made at the hydro store for like 6 bucks.

If not check out this post and start gathering ingredients. And a second air pump.

VI's - Subcool Based - 2 Worm - Multi-Strain - Mother Hunt - 2016 - Page 8

Back
Top Bottom