Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

Re: Come SOG with me. 112 plant, 2 liter, Hempy SOG

The older group is on the right in this picture. It doesn't look like the defoliation is hindering bud production to me.

groupd26.JPG

It's starting to look and smell pretty good now. More to come later.

Good growing everyone.[/QUOTE]

if to flower you have to put the cycle in 12/12 light then how do you grow multiple plants at different stages so closely together without the light affecting them? like don't the flowering plants need to have 12/12 and the veg plants need more light? how do you give the vegging plants more light without affecting the flowering ones? because the bottom right looks like its still in veg where all the other plants look to be flowering. i'm new to growing and i was just wondering on how that worked.

HomeGrower,

Im guessing you havnt read through his entire journal. All the plants in that picture are in flowering. He veg's in another room. Those clones on the bottom right of the pic would just recently placed in there to flower. The others have been flowering longer. He added around 15 plants every 5-7days. So, some are further along than others. The ones on the bottom right will get just like the ones on the top right when they catch up.

-Rek

It's called perpetual growing homegrower, as new ones are going in, others are finishing up a week or however long the time in-between is that you send them in to 12/12.

Perpetual grows are great if your trying to have a consistent amount of bud to smoke thats fresh. AND lower your trimming time..because everyone knows how much of a pain in the arse it can be to trim up multiple ounces or pounds. Then again if your looking to supply a dispensary, one big harvest 4-6 times a year would be better since they prefer bulk.

-Rek ;)

Ok not to answr for 420 but this is a SOG/perpetual grow. I believe initally he wanted all the clones at once, but its hard to get 100 clones off two mothers at once. So he took as many as he could which equaled around 20 or so each time he was able to get cuttings. There is no veg, clone straight into flower. So he has a few groupings of plants that are all a week or two apartt. Therefor he will crop a group every few weeks.. if he continues this method, you could continue to crop 20 plants or if the strain permit around a half oz/plant.you could harvest 10 ounces every harvest of 20 plants

I just found this journal and read it all. Looks like I'm just in time for the weigh-in! Very inspiring grow 420fied!

Hey what's up, slimm! Long time, no see. Glad to have you back around the community. :high-five:

Drumroll please...............

Here's the tale of the tape.

25 plants yielded 382.5 grams or 13.66 ounces.

That's an average of 15.3 grams per plant. This is about where I thought I'd be and I am perfectly happy with the results. I don't have the time right now, but I will post some nug pics tomorrow for you guys.

Good growing everyone.

Great job man and very inspiring also, I would have to say you made out like a bandit!!! I was thinking a little more but it still looks great and I would have been satisfied too!!!:adore::adore::adore:

awesome numbers, definitely makes me want to switch my entire setup over. The good thing is that 13oz is of really nice buds too, none of the weak 1/3 of the bottom of the plant used as jar filler.

And to think, you will harvesting something close to that again, very soon!!:bravo:

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I have another harvest coming up in 6 days and then another one due 10 days after that. It will go on like this for a while. ;)

I'm headed out the door but I plan to sit down tonight and summarize the grow so far with a smoke report, some pictures, some do's and dont's, and also some things that I have learned along the way for you guys thinking of trying this method as I have not disclosed all of the juicy info just yet.

I will say this; I sent 6 inch rooted clones straight to 12/12 and I am averaging over 1/2 ounce per SOG plant. I don't think I'd see the same results if I did not defoliate. I'm an advocate.

In fact, I have a new round that went in and I plan to leave one plant "as is" and at the end of the run I will weigh it and compare the numbers to her defoliated sisters so you guys can see a side by side weight comparison and we can chart the difference in grams.

I appreciate everyones kind words and feedback. I smile when I see the community interacting and sharing ideas inside my grow journals. I hope all of you will continue to stop by and share ideas with me.

Good growing everyone.

Hello again friends.

Here's a couple of nug pics for you. Once I get a better camera I will try and get some single nug macro shots for you.

I think there was 10 ounces in this pile

pile_h1.JPG

nugs_h1.JPG

Smoke report:

As always, Snow White has a nice pine taste and the smoke isn't very harsh or earthy. The high is a nice mix of body and heady. Overall I give it a 7 in the yield department and an 8 in the smoke department.

As stated before, I averaged 15.3 grams per SOG plant in 2 liter hempys. The first 25 plants yielded 13.6 ounces.

Things to note for those that are interested in trying this method:

* Make sure your clones have a solid root system going before you bury them. As Mr Smith stated earlier in the thread, the heartier the root system on your clone, the heartier your SOG plants will be.

* My medium is 75% perlite and 25% vermiculite.

* I used the simple 3 part GH flora series with no additives or boosters besides cal mag.

* I used TAP water...not RO like I had stated. I wanted to see if my tap water would hinder them and it didn't. It runs out of the spigot at 110 PPM and the ph is around 7. I ph'd it to 6-6.5 and went with it. RO works too, I just wanted to make a run with tap.

* I have settled into a 7 day feeding pattern of: feed, skip, feed, skip, feed, skip, water

* Make the holes in your pot small. If you don't you'll have medium and roots in your catch tubs.

* Going straight to 12/12 all but eliminates side branching so you can pack the plants in tightly and get more bang for your buck.

I'll add more later. I'm late for dinner. ;)

Good growing everyone

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I have another harvest coming up in 6 days and then another one due 10 days after that. It will go on like this for a while. ;)

I'm headed out the door but I plan to sit down tonight and summarize the grow so far with a smoke report, some pictures, some do's and dont's, and also some things that I have learned along the way for you guys thinking of trying this method as I have not disclosed all of the juicy info just yet.

I will say this; I sent 6 inch rooted clones straight to 12/12 and I am averaging over 1/2 ounce per SOG plant. I don't think I'd see the same results if I did not defoliate. I'm an advocate.

In fact, I have a new round that went in and I plan to leave one plant "as is" and at the end of the run I will weigh it and compare the numbers to her defoliated sisters so you guys can see a side by side weight comparison and we can chart the difference in grams.

I appreciate everyones kind words and feedback. I smile when I see the community interacting and sharing ideas inside my grow journals. I hope all of you will continue to stop by and share ideas with me.

Good growing everyone.

Thanks for all this great info my friend!!! Definately gonna try this within next 2-3 grows, most likely next though!!! You are awesome my friend!:high-five:

Thanks for all the info 420fied,

Im probably going to do a hempy grow for my next indoor grow after reading this. But ill prob do 32 plants in a 4x8 space and veg them to at least a foot. Should give me a good 2lbs.

-Rek

Just don't forget about the double, or tripling in size when they flower, 1 foot is large for a SOG, from what I understand. Can't wait to see it though and hope it pans out nice!!!:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom