Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

All I can say is WOW!! This grow has shown me so much a mj that I never knew possible.

So Cool. Will be watching.

Thanks for sharing.

Very nice, wonderful job and journal and good luck with the 50 ounces, I am sure you will get it. Bless...:bravo:

Wow, that was truly better than taking an adult education class on the topic. I'm fairly new to these things and truly enjoyed your grow. I had my internet out so that I had to play catch up on your grow. Most enjoyable 2 days reading I've had in quite some time. Plan to go back and do it again with a note pad & pen in hand now.

I do have a couple of questions & one request, though, if you don't mind & also can spare the time and patience to respond. First, and foremost, how does one go about voting for your "nug" in the contest; and, second, were your bottle 2 litres to begin with or 2 litres volume after you cut them. If the first, approximately where did you cut them at?

The request is a little harder I'm afraid; I'd really love to see the compilation of the grow with some of the missing tips & tricks you alluded to not to long ago...if your hand aren't to cramped from all the trimming, lol!

Kudos & hats off, that was truly amazing!!!

Wow, that was truly better than taking an adult education class on the topic. I'm fairly new to these things and truly enjoyed your grow. I had my internet out so that I had to play catch up on your grow. Most enjoyable 2 days reading I've had in quite some time. Plan to go back and do it again with a note pad & pen in hand now.

I do have a couple of questions & one request, though, if you don't mind & also can spare the time and patience to respond. First, and foremost, how does one go about voting for your "nug" in the contest; and, second, were your bottle 2 litres to begin with or 2 litres volume after you cut them. If the first, approximately where did you cut them at?

The request is a little harder I'm afraid; I'd really love to see the compilation of the grow with some of the missing tips & tricks you alluded to not to long ago...if your hand aren't to cramped from all the trimming, lol!

Kudos & hats off, that was truly amazing!!!

Thank you and thanks to everyone else for the kind words.

To vote for me go to 'forums' then scroll down and find find '420 contests'. Look for 'Nug of the Month June 2011'. You can vote for me there if you'd like and thanks in advance.

This pic gives you an idea of where my bottles were cut.

d60_roots.JPG

As you can see, I cut them just above where the label ends and where the top of the bottle starts to make its curve. I wish you the best of luck my friend.

Thx for the pic, that helps...shoulda noticed it the 1st time reading. I thought I saw in the thread somewhere that you used more than a few small drain holes as opposed to only one larger hole and that they were placed 2 1/4" from the bottom; is that correct?

Oh, btw, I voted for your nug yesterday & not just because how helpful you are to all of us but, because it actually was the best looking of the 15 posted at the time. Good luck, I truly hope you win and achieve the "trifecta" you desire this time around (although I have no doubt if not this time, then another.)

Cheers,
John

Thx for the pic, that helps...shoulda noticed it the 1st time reading. I thought I saw in the thread somewhere that you used more than a few small drain holes as opposed to only one larger hole and that they were placed 2 1/4" from the bottom; is that correct?

Oh, btw, I voted for your nug yesterday & not just because how helpful you are to all of us but, because it actually was the best looking of the 15 posted at the time. Good luck, I truly hope you win and achieve the "trifecta" you desire this time around (although I have no doubt if not this time, then another.)

Cheers,
John

Thanks for the kind words and I appreciate your vote in the nug of the month contest.

Yes, I used 3 to 5 small holes as opposed to larger ones. That keeps your grow medium and your roots out of your catch tubs. The holes are 2 1/4" up from the bottom.

I wish you the best of luck my friend and thanks for stopping by.

:nicethread: 420 you are a great person for sharing such detailed and informative grows i loved reading :popcorn:about the 9 plant setup with the NFT and this one a really great use of space. I wonder how it would go taking this method and doing it NFT with out the screen instead of Hempy? just longer tubes with lots of 2" holes :scratchinghead:

Question about your strain selection. I looked at getting some Snow White; because I want to have a White mother in the stable and they are pretty reasonable price compared to the some of the other White strains. The reviews where not that great only giving it 3 stars out 5. I have never been able to try it. Is yours a special pheno that you have kept from the many years you have been growing it or is it what is currently being sold by Nirvana in seed form?
:thanks:

420fied, just catching up on journals after a week out of town. Looking forward to seeing your next harvest. Are you seeing an increase in yield as you get more an more dialed in? Or do you feel that you're at the upper limit for this strain/technique?

Great journal, thanks for sharing all of the information.

Thank you my friend for the nomination of Member of the Month, I am truly humbled by that!!:circle-of-love:

Everything is looking great here of course, I gotta try this 2 liter version of the hempy soon, I think I may do a run with some of my SugarCane, they seem to do well with just a week or two veg and then straight to 12/12...

Once again thank you for nominating me buddy, stay green and God bless!!:Namaste:

:nicethread: 420 you are a great person for sharing such detailed and informative grows i loved reading :popcorn:about the 9 plant setup with the NFT and this one a really great use of space. I wonder how it would go taking this method and doing it NFT with out the screen instead of Hempy? just longer tubes with lots of 2" holes :scratchinghead:

Question about your strain selection. I looked at getting some Snow White; because I want to have a White mother in the stable and they are pretty reasonable price compared to the some of the other White strains. The reviews where not that great only giving it 3 stars out 5. I have never been able to try it. Is yours a special pheno that you have kept from the many years you have been growing it or is it what is currently being sold by Nirvana in seed form?
:thanks:

how do you vote?

Congratz on the Success 420, took me a few hours to read through while watching a movie, but totally worth it... Quick question for you or anyone really. I have been wanting to do a SOG grow, but am very space limited... So i have looked into perpetual techniques that don't use a mother. I know that vegging is basically pointless in your technique, but would vegging for a few weeks specifically to take 1 clone per plant before going into 12/12 work? Or would that create extra/unwanted branches? I figure I could take 1 clone per plant to constantly replenish my garden without needing the space for a mother (pending 100% success), and only need a small space for a clone box. Also would this significantly increase harvest time?

Thanks,
Drun

That can work if you divide your crop like 420fied is doing. It's about the timing.
For dense single cola SOG production, additional pruning may be necessary if you veg for longer than the minimum needed.

Thanks PG, do you think 2 weeks would be long enough veg. to successfully take a clone? If so I think my crop would go something like: 2 week veg, 7-9 week flower. And have a crop every two weeks. Which would be perfect for me.

Drun

Back
Top Bottom