Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

Re: Come SOG with me. 112 plant, 2 liter, Hempy SOG

49 days?! that's something I gotta get my hands on. Do you know who the breeder is? I tried chopping my wonder woman a bit early, the high is a little reduced, but the weight is the biggest thing you lose by cutting early

i got weird stress going on in all my hempys, gh nutes and oc+, i think its because i have been using the general organic cal/mag, it grew mad algae in my dwc buckets and the tops of my hempys were going brown. What do ya think?

BlazinUSA, I've noted that if I have soil of any type mixed in with the perlite it will turn some of it brown. It's the wicking properties of the perlite that move the soil around and stain your pretty white medium. This happens to me when I start seeds in peat pellets and move them to hempy buckets.

I don't have the time right now but I plan on answering all questions within the next day or so. I appreciate everyones participation in this journal.

I just took these pics on day 59.

The oldest have 15-20% amber trichs with the other 80-85% being mostly cloudy. I could chop the oldest now if I needed to but I'm going to let them go until day 70. The closer to 50-50, the better.

Enjoy

d59_nugs.JPG

d59group_color.JPG

d59_redpistils.JPG

d59close.JPG

Wow man! Looking awesome.:thumb:

Great work, we need a "Grow Of The Month" contest here, I nominate yours sir. :)

Way to show what this style can put out. :slide:

Wow, 50 50 sounds like heaven, very nice as always

Looking awesome, 420fied.

So what's your feeding schedule now for the oldest plants? Are they receiving only water for the last 1 or 2 weeks, or just a flush at the end?

I have 4 girls in day 29 of flower, in hempy, and feeding them GH nutes as well. I have mine severely LST'd (1st time LSTing) and am getting very, very psyched looking at all the bud sites developing.

I was following the recommended GH feeding schedule too, but the strain i'm cultivating (unknown) couldn't tolerate it and began to show some burn. Instead of lowering the PPM I was using, I simply began feeding every other day and watering in between. Plants responded well. I flush once a week and give them 5ml H2O2/gal at that time as well.

Have you had to modify your feedings in any way, or are you still sticking to the GH schedule verbatim?

From the start I have used a modified GH 3 part schedule. Since I have used the basic 3 part system with no enhancers, I have had to up the recommended dosages a bit to get the feedings into the proper PPM range. I put my clones straight into a 12/12 schedule and my feedings look something like this:

Week1: 500 PPM
Week2: 700 PPM
Week3: 800 PPM
Weeks 4-5: 1000 PPM
Weeks 6-10: 1200 PPM

I will do a light, 3 day, water only flush at the end.

do you flush 420 and how often?

i find this odd but i went over 2 the bud room 2day and my 1 blackberry i have in a 2l hempy, one of the 1s i vegged 4 roughly 2 weeks, has mad roots shooting out of the drainage hole! What should i do?

Dont wanna take over your thread but 1 more thing, i got weird stress going on in all my hempys, gh nutes and oc+, i think its because i have been using the general organic cal/mag, it grew mad algae in my dwc buckets and the tops of my hempys were going brown. What do ya think?

To answer your questions in order:

To be honest, I really have not flushed these plants if you go off of the true definition of flushing. I have settled into a 7 day schedule of the following:

feed, skip, feed, skip, feed, skip, water only

There's not much you can do about the current one but in the future just make smaller holes. Check out how small mine are.

Post picturees of your stressed plants. That's the only way to properly diagnose them.

Wow man! Looking awesome.:thumb:

Thank you!

Just gorgeous 420fied :woohoo:

Thank you!

Great work, we need a "Grow Of The Month" contest here, I nominate yours sir. :)

Way to show what this style can put out. :slide:

Thank you! Best of luck in the MOTM contest.

Wow, 50 50 sounds like heaven, very nice as always

Thank you old friend.

I grabbed a sample plant today and took some pictures of what the roots look like after 60 days in a 2 liter bottle. I know there are many growers who are concerned about their plants getting root bound in 2 liters. I am finding that there's plenty of room in the 2 liter for clones sent straight to 12/12. Have a look.

d60_roots.JPG

d60root_2.JPG

d60root_3.JPG

Good growing everyone.

They are looking to be quite hard nugs when dried, would you agree 420fied?

They are looking to be quite hard nugs when dried, would you agree 420fied?

Oh yeah. They are going to chunk down into some nice, hard nugs. I should have an entry for June's Nug of the Month contest if I can find a better camera that will provide me with some good macro shots. The plants are nice and hard to the touch and have been for some time.

This has been a awesome grow. Very informative. Great attitude 4 dub, u have been a great host letting us into your grow. I hope u reap the rewards of being positive. thanks.

ok so i havent read this journal from start to finish and i will do soon wen i have a little more time. Its looking great by these pics by the way. However howcome there is just a main cola with no vegitation? in other words i grow in soil and can only fit 6 plants max under a 600w hps and they end up huge and bushy. i'm guessing u trim off all growth other than the main head? how does the plant absorb enough light with out big fan leaves? i'm not an expert grower i only know wot i myself have grown to be honest but this has me gripped. i really really really want to switch to hydro or something dif from soil as i find it takes some time to grow and on my last grow i made the ultimate amateur mistake of using miracle grow soil which was full of time released nutes which basically resulted in all my leaves yurnining yellow and crisp then dropping off causing huge damage, i'd relly would like to avoid that in future. i have quite a large space to grow in but i am limited to equipment that can fit through a small loft hatch. I have a ro filter but find it takes some time to fill the 14litre tank which came with it. I would be eternall grateful if u could help me set up a simple basic system that is more or les idiot proof as i cant face the prospect of another diaster! Im sure i'll understand this type of grow a little more once i have sat and read through it completely but i am pressed for time and am looking to set up a new grow in next day or two. please pm me and offer some advice i would be eternally grateful. many thanks.

ps keep up good work.

ok so i havent read this journal from start to finish and i will do soon wen i have a little more time. Its looking great by these pics by the way. However howcome there is just a main cola with no vegitation? in other words i grow in soil and can only fit 6 plants max under a 600w hps and they end up huge and bushy. i'm guessing u trim off all growth other than the main head? how does the plant absorb enough light with out big fan leaves? i'm not an expert grower i only know wot i myself have grown to be honest but this has me gripped. i really really really want to switch to hydro or something dif from soil as i find it takes some time to grow and on my last grow i made the ultimate amateur mistake of using miracle grow soil which was full of time released nutes which basically resulted in all my leaves yurnining yellow and crisp then dropping off causing huge damage, i'd relly would like to avoid that in future. i have quite a large space to grow in but i am limited to equipment that can fit through a small loft hatch. I have a ro filter but find it takes some time to fill the 14litre tank which came with it. I would be eternall grateful if u could help me set up a simple basic system that is more or les idiot proof as i cant face the prospect of another diaster! Im sure i'll understand this type of grow a little more once i have sat and read through it completely but i am pressed for time and am looking to set up a new grow in next day or two. please pm me and offer some advice i would be eternally grateful. many thanks.

ps keep up good work.

PM sent. I can fit 30 defolaited plants under one 600w HPS. I'd be willing to bet that the yield from those 30 defoliated plants would best 6 larger ones that weren't defoliated.

Maximize your space/lights. It's something to think about.

PM me with any further questions and good luck!

That was very interesting!!! Right on! Imma try that for sure! :high-five:

Hi there, I just joined these forums today, to follow this grow specifically. Fantastic grow! Looking forward to see how the first batch turns out. Great job!

Cheers,
Past

Hi there, I just joined these forums today, to follow this grow specifically. Fantastic grow! Looking forward to see how the first batch turns out. Great job!

Cheers,
Past

This has been a awesome grow. Very informative. Great attitude 4 dub, u have been a great host letting us into your grow. I hope u reap the rewards of being positive. thanks.

:welcome: to 420 Magazine, Original Past and Buju!

PM sent. I can fit 30 defolaited plants under one 600w HPS. I'd be willing to bet that the yield from those 30 defoliated plants would best 6 larger ones that weren't defoliated.

Maximize your space/lights. It's something to think about.

PM me with any further questions and good luck!

Thanks for the fast response.

I've just tried to send a rather lengthy pm but apparantly I not allowed to send pm until ive posted 50 posts! wish i'd known cos would have saved me ten mins typing! lol

Anyhow I have to start from seed on this grow so if i start seeds in rockwool with ro water and rhizotonic until firmly rooted i could then place in the perilite/vermiculite mix? or would this only be suitable for clones.

Back
Top Bottom