Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

Hello 420fied, a quick question, with these bottles you are using with this method is light effecting the roots an issue? I did notice the bottles are pretty much covered. The one I decided to use only has coverage in the middle.

Been reading this for awhile and one of my inspirations to join this great family! :420:
Aspiring to do a setup like this next for my first large hydro grow.. It is truly an honor to be in your presence. :Namaste:

1kG = 1 kilogram, right?

You're predicting 1000 dry grams off of the first 30? If so, I love your enthusiasm brother.

That means I'd have to average 33 grams per plant. I just don't see it.

I think I'll be closer to 13-15 grams per plant which means I should pull in the neighborhood of 370-450 grams off of the first 30.

I plan on getting started before too long.

Metric error, I was thinking 454 grams or 1 clean LB

I posted "kG" by mistake ;)

Still can't wait to see

Hello fellow growers.

I'm sorry I didn't post these last night but I was wore out as I got started later than I had hoped and finished up late. I ended up taking 25 plants last night. Here's some shots of them hanging.

chopd25.JPG

h1_2.JPG

chopd_25.JPG

In a few days we will know how much the first 25 has given us.

Looking forward to seeing those buds dried out and their weights. Have fun on what should be an easy harvest.

Thank you my friend.

it's a great yield regardless.....I mean we're just getting down to the nitty gritty here! lol
However looking at those heads i'd say 13-15 is being slightly pessimistic, I'd bet on 21-23g each.

I hope you're right. Honestly, I'd be quite surprised if they top 20g per.

im gonna say 18oz > 30 plants

You have me averaging 16.8 per plant and I'd be tickled with that.

:popcorn:...
I can hardly wait!

Me either!!

Hello 420fied, a quick question, with these bottles you are using with this method is light effecting the roots an issue? I did notice the bottles are pretty much covered. The one I decided to use only has coverage in the middle.

Easily taken care of by spray painting the bottoms of the 2 liters flat black. ;)

Been reading this for awhile and one of my inspirations to join this great family! :420:
Aspiring to do a setup like this next for my first large hydro grow.. It is truly an honor to be in your presence. :Namaste:

Thank you for the flattering words and welcome aboard. You'll find that 420mag is the best MJ community on the net. I don't even post on any other sites.

Metric error, I was thinking 454 grams or 1 clean LB

I posted "kG" by mistake ;)

Still can't wait to see

Gotcha! You have me at about 15g per which I think will be REAL close. We'll all know within a few days.

I appreciate everyones kind words and feedback. More to come later.

Good growing everyone.

Excellent work ! Looking great trimmed up and hanging to dry.

I like to see you having this success. Nice long cola with your strain too.

You know my yield guesstimate so I wont predict any farther, but ill add that you have done very well and did everything for this run proper. Your end result looks right on, well developed buds with a fully mature harvest.

Cheers for the Hempy SOG !

Excellent work ! Looking great trimmed up and hanging to dry.

I like to see you having this success. Nice long cola with your strain too.

You know my yield guesstimate so I wont predict any farther, but ill add that you have done very well and did everything for this run proper. Your end result looks right on, well developed buds with a fully mature harvest.

Cheers for the Hempy SOG !

Thank you my friend. Your journal gave birth to this one and I have appreciated your input along the way. It's only fitting since you inspired it in the first place. I must have missed your yield guesstimate so please, refresh me.

Definite cheers for the Hempy SOG!

:roorrip:

I just wanted to touch on how I dry my MJ.

The plants are hung in a dark room(it stays dark) which I have set at 68* and 50% humidity. They will most likely be dry enough to send to the jars in 3 days. Once they are in jars they will moisten back up and from there I will open the jars and burp them daily(for up to 4 hours) until the buds are where I want them.

I'm going to try and get a better camera so that I can provide some good macro shots of the nugs for you guys. I want to win nug of the month before I kick the bucket! ;)

I just wanted to touch on how I dry my MJ.

The plants are hung in a dark room(it stays dark) which I have set at 68* and 50% humidity. They will most likely be dry enough to send to the jars in 3 days. Once they are in jars they will moisten back up and from there I will open the jars and burp them daily(for up to 4 hours) until the buds are where I want them.

I'm going to try and get a better camera so that I can provide some good macro shots of the nugs for you guys. I want to win nug of the month before I kick the bucket! ;)

I'm so excited to see the final results on these...I think your going to be a definite candidate for NOTM real soon here my friend....I will be looking forward to seeing them under a nice zoom lens too!!!:thumb::goodluck:

I'm still very much learning about the drying/curing process. Your closet seems so tight in terms of space for the buds. Does it get any airflow? I had a carbon filter with fan running 24/7 for the first couple of days followed with a 30 minute on/ 30 minute off phase for the next couple of days, ending with the fan off completely. My fear with tight conditions and no airflow is of course mold. Has this not been an issue for you up til now 420fied? Thanks again for sharing your experience with the community.
:peacetwo:

I'm still very much learning about the drying/curing process. Your closet seems so tight in terms of space for the buds. Does it get any airflow? I had a carbon filter with fan running 24/7 for the first couple of days followed with a 30 minute on/ 30 minute off phase for the next couple of days, ending with the fan off completely. My fear with tight conditions and no airflow is of course mold. Has this not been an issue for you up til now 420fied? Thanks again for sharing your experience with the community.
:peacetwo:

Good question. I should have been more specific on my drying setup. I know they look crammed but there's actually a full inch between plants so none are touching. There's a window AC unit, an Oscillating fan, and a box fan in the room. Airflow is great in there. The Oscillating fan is set on low and pointed into the closet and directly on them 24/7. I also make sure to keep the room dark, cool, and set at 50% humidity. I've never had an issue with PM.

I'm so excited to see the final results on these...I think your going to be a definite candidate for NOTM real soon here my friend....I will be looking forward to seeing them under a nice zoom lens too!!!:thumb::goodluck:

Thank you my friend.

Right on, my man. Those buds look superb. Are they really stinky? :) I bet they are.

Thank you......and yes, they STINKKK! ;)

wow.......that's all I can say...awesome grow. I wish I had something relevant to say but I'm in too much awe to think!!

:Namaste:

Thank you my friend. I appreciate your feedback.

Good growing everyone.

Well, they just look amazing! :goodjob:

This grow sure has given me something to think about! That's one of the things I love so much about this community.:)

Good question. I should have been more specific on my drying setup. I know they look crammed but there's actually a full inch between plants so none are touching. There's a window AC unit, an Oscillating fan, and a box fan in the room. Airflow is great in there. The Oscillating fan is set on low and pointed into the closet and directly on them 24/7. I also make sure to keep the room dark, cool, and set at 50% humidity. I've never had an issue with PM.

Yeah that should work great. Thanks for the additional info.

Back
Top Bottom