CO'S 5X5 Tent Grow With Mars Hydro LEDs

Today is week three. Nothing big going on. Risen is starting to grow. 144 doing great as always and might throw in the 1600 not sure yet.
SAM_05974.JPG
SAM_05983.JPG
SAM_05992.JPG
SAM_06003.JPG
SAM_06014.JPG

The monster train is really showing her age, I hope I will have time to get her under the scrog. She is the oldest of the three mothers.
SAM_06022.JPG
SAM_06033.JPG

Thanks for the update CO Finest,but you know me, a few months back I asked you about the fans on the plants and you instructed me not to blow them directly on the plants so they won't transpire to much? If I'm correct it seem that you are blowing on your middle plants a bit to heavy? I know you have a great reason and I'm here to pick your brains. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You do know that I think you are a growing Guru & teacher. :adore:

You are right, I have the two bottom fans on timers. The problem that has happen in my grow here is the middle plants are to small for my grow setup, They are in a scrog setup and the fans are set to blow and only hit the underside of the plants if they have hit the net like the outside plant. What I am going to do to fix this is now the first two week stretch is over I am going to put something under the pots to get them up to the net so the fans can stay on and not harm the resin production. Now in veg it is fine to allow the fans to push on the plants so it gets them strong. In veg you do not have to worry about resin building and most of all bud weight. When they are in the 5th week of flower the cola branches are what they are and by having extra wind pushing them is a risk that should not be took. If the cola branch takes on weight and is pushed over or under watered it will not recover and stand back up, which will need yoyo or some kind of support for the rest of the grow. Growing scrog that can be a big mess real fast. Now one thing I have not brought up is the middle plats are from the start to finish series I started and did not get to finish do to being way over loaded. So when I stopped the series I started to use the plants as my stress test plants. Hints one main reason they are so small for there age. On my free grow time I like to stress and see how strains react to different things.Cannabis plants are freaking amazing with the amount of stress they can go threw and if given enough time they bounce back. I still believe it is one of the main reasons our gov does not like them i they are real easy to grow besides the money,power and greed. I have seen some people bring up tobacco plants which I know a lot about being in the tobacco business for over 18 years and one of two cigar rollers in CO the plants are very hard to grow and take up a lot of space. Unlike cannabis plants tobacco plants have to grow to full age to produce the different layers of leafs needed for different strength of tobacco, also reach a size of four too five feet in diameter, not to mention the plants are very easy to get mold and other problems.Also cannabis being a very easy plant to clone. Ok enough of that I thank you all for stopping by and will see you all soon. P.s the cannabis cup kicked ass once again and next year I will have a booth and hope to see you all there..

Thanks CO Finest, every time you write a response I learn something else, Thank you. If I lived in Colorado I would be there for sure, but if ever you plan on making it to the Seattle cup let us know and we'll roll out the green carpet.

you get a booth I'll come see ya from Cali just ta talk with ya

Hey CO Finest!

I was looking through some of your older Journals, one that specifically caught my eye was your Mars II 1600w Journal. You grew a lot of quality weed in that journal and it seems like you enjoyed your experience with the Mars light. I currently have one Mars II 700w in my bloom tent, and am thinking about getting another to hang up right next too it. I bloom in a 2x4x7 tent, and I think one more 700w unit would do me a lot of good.

Would you recommend that set up, or at this point almost a year later do you haveany new thoughts about Mars lights? I was very dissapointed with mine on my first grow but this second time around it is proving to be a very efficient and worthwhile lamp. Just wanted to get someone more experienced than me to chime in on the subject, thanks a ton in advance my friend!

whats going on CO finest?! im a longtime follower on your youtube channel and decided to join the :420: family and figued id see how the grow is going.

i also wanted to ask about some new mars 144x5 reflector lights i purchased and wondered what a good distance from canapy would be good and what coverage do you think the lights will pull?

hope the grow goes well and ill be watching :Namaste:

whats going on CO finest?! im a longtime follower on your youtube channel and decided to join the :420: family and figued id see how the grow is going.

i also wanted to ask about some new mars 144x5 reflector lights i purchased and wondered what a good distance from canapy would be good and what coverage do you think the lights will pull?

hope the grow goes well and ill be watching :Namaste:

Outstanding, good to see you joined the family here on 420mag. I never seen a 144x5 light from Mars hydro. I would start around 24" or so above and see how your plants respond and adjust from there if needed. If to low you will get white marks on leafs which look like bleach spots which is light burn. If that 144x5 is like my 144x3 then it will cover 5-6' by 2 1/2 feet. You do not want to put under 16" from plants, LED's need room to mix light spectrum before hitting the plants. Two of them will cover a 5x5 foot print very well and give a very good yield if plants are grown right. :passitleft:

I believe the reflector series is going to have only 5 watt LED's from what Sara has said on the mars thread so im happy I got one while still the same price as the 3 watt model and want to post some good grows with the new light. Thank you for the advice man ill see how 24" works and see if I cant get a second for my 4x4 tent and see how it matches up to the mars 2 lights I have.

Will be watching your channel and journal CO finest keep on growing and hope to get some more help with the new light once I place the lady's to flower. :Namaste:

Hello 420mag, I have been working like crazy to get all my rooms done. I had a fed inspection so I had to take all veg plants out for a few days. While they are out I am doing a deep cleaning. Some of them should be going back in soon and some are going into new flower room. I had to pull some things back out of my flower room for now and will rebuild after I get some plants going in there. So for now I put the 5x10 foot frame back in so I can hang power and lights for one side. I have to remake the light stands I have been working on then the frame will come back out. Here is a sneak peek on whats going on. As you will see I got the panda on the floor done so here we go.

This pic I just got the window covered with two layers of 6mil panda and power starting to get moved
SAM_06142.JPG

I tried to get a pic of the hole room but my cam will not zoom out that far so its 12'x9 3/4' so its around 117 sqf So when I get this room full I am going to need around 4330k wall watts, anyone want to help pay the bill just let me know lol joking. Should bring my monthly bill around 600 month counting veg and 5x5 as well so not to bad. With all the flower space I should have no problem pushing out 5lb + dry weight.
SAM_06152.JPG

This pic I was putting one power line in place, The air exhaust is going to be moved and it will run down a different wall soon
SAM_06164.JPG

Got the Mars 1600 in place, man that is a heavy sucker to do by self. I am using 50lb rating zip ties, with three per line so 150lb each corner should never have a problem.
SAM_06171.JPG
SAM_0618.JPG

This last pic is just the sun series hanging but it is not going to be staying there,
SAM_0619.JPG
it is just there to be out of my way.

That's all the pic I remembered to take lol. I will be taking more today and posting more updates soon. For my youtube watchers you got to wait until all done then I will upload on video with all in one. Until next time keep it growing green my friends and thank you for stopping by. :passitleft: oh I forgot I will be posting my R.D.W.C grow with the 192x3 in my other 5x5 tent very soon, almost done with flower.

Looking awesome man! That 1600 looks heavy as hell my 700 and 900 and its such a pain to get them so close to the tent ceiling. Can't wait to see the bid when it comes out

D Day is here, I just got done working on the main flower room 18 hours straight and got three of the year old mothers in. I still have some little thing to do but plants are in under the nets and starting there veg.

I got the two exhaust fans installed and one wall mount fan done. I will be adding four more wall mount fans soon.
SAM_0642.JPG
SAM_06452.JPG
SAM_06441.JPG
SAM_06432.JPG

Moved the monster train in the room and under the scrog.
SAM_06392.JPG
SAM_06405.JPG

Now got the other two mothers In the room and under the scrog
SAM_06414.JPG
SAM_06462.JPG

I will update soon when that plants grow into the nets. They have a few weeks to get moving. :passitleft:

Great update CO Finest, let the fun begin.

Those moms are some beasts!! Can't wait to see what a plant that size can do :thumb:

Hey CO Finest!

I was looking through some of your older Journals, one that specifically caught my eye was your Mars II 1600w Journal. You grew a lot of quality weed in that journal and it seems like you enjoyed your experience with the Mars light. I currently have one Mars II 700w in my bloom tent, and am thinking about getting another to hang up right next too it. I bloom in a 2x4x7 tent, and I think one more 700w unit would do me a lot of good.

Would you recommend that set up, or at this point almost a year later do you haveany new thoughts about Mars lights? I was very dissapointed with mine on my first grow but this second time around it is proving to be a very efficient and worthwhile lamp. Just wanted to get someone more experienced than me to chime in on the subject, thanks a ton in advance my friend!

Good to hear you stuck with it. Growing with led can be a learning process at times. Knowing the plants is key and how to adjust the lights threw flower. Some plants its just hang the lights up 30" and done others like it lowered in the last three weeks. Also most plants nute uptake is higher under led.

I love these types of video CO Finest, a nice visual for people thinking of expanding their grow op. :Namaste: :high-five:

RSOiler AKA 60cal :cheesygrinsmiley:

I wish I knew the options for each plant like you do CO. Also watching your videos are very helpful to me in seeing how to set up a good grow room, such as why you put the filters in the corners away from the door. I never would have thought about that. I plan on getting out of my grow tent this fall and fixing up a 12' x 24' room for flower and for veg. Keep those helpful videos flowing! And thanks!

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom