Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With High Brix

sounds about right there aussie. should be good to go soon. keep spraying.

good luck with it, and...

have fun eh

Any reason for continuing spraying??
I was under the impression that once signs are showing to stop spraying !!
Also I thought ur only ment to see male flowers on the sprayed branch not forming on unsprayes branches.... hence the isolation and treatment of one branch to still have the rest of the plant ????

i spray until i get pollen. others do it the same. and others yet do it differently.

i think if you stop as soon as you see sign, you may short yourself, like i think i did, on the two branches i still have sitting in water in another room, zero production there.

think about the cell structure of plants the same as a human. veins, and arteries. stuff will flow through the plant to other parts sometimes. my understanding was that it generally will happen at the lower nodes of "other" branches first, but doesn't always reach the top.

otherwise, it could be overspray, air movement blowing your silver around to other branches? possibles there.

yep isolation as best you can....but do you always leave your isolation in place until long after the dust settles? i know i don't anymore. i use the backside of my trim pan to block the plant, spray, pull the pan, wipe it clean, and after 2 minutes or so back in the tent she goes.

i've been spraying right beside a lamp some days, and wow do ya ever see the cloud move around. so since i first saw that on my first week of spraying the first plant way back... i make sure my tents are closed before spraying.

have fun eh

Any reason for continuing spraying??
I was under the impression that once signs are showing to stop spraying !!
Also I thought ur only ment to see male flowers on the sprayed branch not forming on unsprayes branches.... hence the isolation and treatment of one branch to still have the rest of the plant ????

so here is dta 10 known as "silver girl 3" she is doing great!!! i am very happy with the silver i made myself.

check out the buds she will have full of seeds with any luck...

20160906_190353.jpg

20160906_201045.jpg

20160906_201052.jpg

20160906_201114.jpg

20160906_201133.jpg

20160906_201127.jpg

awesome progress by her!!!

and btw, here is a "clone" i took when i was trimming up the branch ready to be sprayed....just for interest sake.

20160906_200651.jpg

20160906_200702.jpg

hehehe nice stuff. cloning an auto lol well i guess "cloning" is putting it simply....i stuck it in the dirt with no treatment lol.

have fun eh

so here is dta 10 known as "silver girl 3" she is doing great!!! i am very happy with the silver i made myself.

check out the buds she will have full of seeds with any luck...
awesome progress by her!!!

and btw, here is a "clone" i took when i was trimming up the branch ready to be sprayed....just for interest sake.

hehehe nice stuff. cloning an auto lol well i guess "cloning" is putting it simply....i stuck it in the dirt with no treatment lol.

have fun eh

Great looking project. I just finished reversing & pollinating an Auto Mazar from DP and have just started harvesting the seeds but there are going to be hundreds for sure.

Unforgiven. Great job! :bravo: (+) reps!

Edit: I Gotta spread more love first before reps again. :)

Don't worry I added some reps for both of us. LOL

lol thanks guys. she should pump out lots of seeds and lots of pollen for future crossing projects too.

have fun eh

oh btw my bta is coming right along too. hasn't completely flipped yet, but very lil female left in the branch of question compared to the other branches(non sprayed).

20160906_232310.jpg

20160906_232317.jpg

20160906_232324.jpg

20160906_232350.jpg

bottom left corner is bta(blue treacle auto)
20160906_215721.jpg

the small 1 gallon on top, on the right is lsd 25 for spraying, as is the amphetamine auto under the dome in my journal. will start the other 9 amp autos in about a week or so, just wanna get a jump on the silver girl for it first. didn't give lsd 25 silver enough of a jump that way. :(

beyond that, once the mums have been clone proofed they will each have a silver done too. so 7 or 8 strains in photo seeds too, lol

yep, lots goin on here.

have fun eh

Quick question for those of you that have created your own seeds. How paranoid should I be of pollen lingering around?

I was even going so far as to think about creating a "Space Bucket" chamber for isolating a male plant and female plant that I want to breed. Just a 5 gallon bucket under CFL/pair of COB LED's that I can keep far away from my flowering chamber and spray out easily with water afterwards. I was thinking that just growing them in solo cups would be sufficient. Too paranoid? Will a solo cup female produce enough seeds to make it worthwhile?

Quick question for those of you that have created your own seeds. How paranoid should I be of pollen lingering around?

I was even going so far as to think about creating a "Space Bucket" chamber for isolating a male plant and female plant that I want to breed. Just a 5 gallon bucket under CFL/pair of COB LED's that I can keep far away from my flowering chamber and spray out easily with water afterwards. I was thinking that just growing them in solo cups would be sufficient. Too paranoid? Will a solo cup female produce enough seeds to make it worthwhile?

you should be concerned for pollen lingering around..clothing, pets, etc..
there are some huge solo cup growers on 420...

you can 100s if not 1000s of seeds from a small plant :)

You should be paranoid, very paranoid. LOL it can travel very easily, even indoors. I had a small separate tent, but in the same room as my flower tent and it managed to pollinate my girls some in there. Not sure, if I inadvertently carried it on my clothes or it might have even been the few bees I found in my basement that seemed to love getting into my tents to suck that sweet nectar the flowers were producing.

As for size of plants, I have had one good size bud produce hundreds of seeds and some not so much. I guess it depends on genetics and the luck of the draw. With autoflowers I just let the whole plant turn, while with photos I just pollinate a few buds with a paintbrush.

Love this thread!! I would love to get my hands on some of those female beans!! Keep up the great work love what growers are doing to get the most out of this wonderful plant that we all have grown to love. Sticking this out! Jus playing about getting the beans unless...... Here till the end!!!

i'm paranoid to an extent.

the extent being that i am trying to make the same seeds again, not crosses yet. but if say my blue treacle spits on a dta in the 4x8, i will know it has a bta/dta cross in it. my dta silver girl is in the 5x5 tent, so with luck and good practices, short of hazmat suits and shower in shower out practice, she will self pollinate very well, then i can collect the remainder of the pollen for future crosses.

if she happens to spread the love to the 4x8, it will be more dta seeds.

meh lets just say i use as much caution as i can while i am working in the room.

have fun eh

i just gotta put a pic up in here...this girl seems to have been just a textbook flip success story so far. lots more pics in my dutch treat journal todays is page 23 if ya wanna looksee.

20160913_225342.jpg

took a bunch of sacs and rubbed em up all over the buds tonight to give her a jumpstart. now she can get some more self pollination by way of fan in tent.

have fun eh

hehehe took the branch off....

20160919_235048.jpg

been focusing some on my bta now...

20160920_234118.jpg

she's next in line, then lsd 25 auto which is one of the small ones there has already started getting spray. then the other small one, amphetamine auto will also get silver.

on and on we go...

have fun eh

so the bta got a shake tonight and produced this....

20160929_221351.jpg

20160929_221359.jpg

figger that's a good sign to remove the branch for final collection.

20160929_222257.jpg

already been giving the pollen directly to herself and to a clone i took from my dutch treat auto...

bta...
20160928_200600.jpg

dta clone...
20160927_213528.jpg

so that's where i stand so far in the seed making process.

one dta down. one dta self pollinated. one bta self pollinated. and a dta clone pollinated with bta to give me a cross. my first ever!!

have fun eh

so that's where i stand so far in the seed making process.

one dta down. one dta self pollinated. one bta self pollinated. and a dta clone pollinated with bta to give me a cross. my first ever!!

have fun eh
It is just a great feeling knowing you have created your own seed or even a cross. I think the only better feeling is when you pop some of your own beans.

I've been thinking about crosses lately. I'm not quite ready to make use of the colloidal silver I picked up from Amazon over the summer yet, probably won't be tackling that challenge until the new year.

I understand the concept of F1 hybrid vigor, but I've also been wondering if the feminized seeds I've picked up from a seed vendor are actually pure strains. From reading through reviews and histories of various strains, I sometimes wonder if two with the same name are actually the same strain.

For example, Super Sour Diesel is a cross between Sour Diesel and Super Silver Haze, but two different seeds from the same cross will have 2 different genotypes. If they are each repeatedly self pollinated to develop a pure breeding strain, you could end up with 2 different stabilized lines of SSD.

I don't know what seed vendors do; do they just sell the seeds from stabilized lines, or do they back cross two variants of the same strain to try and create hybrid plants with (hopefully) hybrid vigor?

It makes me wonder if I should be self pollinating plants or if I should be cross pollinating, even if the parents are both listed as being the same strain...

I've been thinking about crosses lately. I'm not quite ready to make use of the colloidal silver I picked up from Amazon over the summer yet, probably won't be tackling that challenge until the new year.

I understand the concept of F1 hybrid vigor, but I've also been wondering if the feminized seeds I've picked up from a seed vendor are actually pure strains. From reading through reviews and histories of various strains, I sometimes wonder if two with the same name are actually the same strain.

For example, Super Sour Diesel is a cross between Sour Diesel and Super Silver Haze, but two different seeds from the same cross will have 2 different genotypes. If they are each repeatedly self pollinated to develop a pure breeding strain, you could end up with 2 different stabilized lines of SSD.

I don't know what seed vendors do; do they just sell the seeds from stabilized lines, or do they back cross two variants of the same strain to try and create hybrid plants with (hopefully) hybrid vigor?

It makes me wonder if I should be self pollinating plants or if I should be cross pollinating, even if the parents are both listed as being the same strain...

maybe you can try both? :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom