Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With High Brix

thanks drziggy. it's been a long time coming on that girl.

methinks i spy some spots gonna push out male junk from a couple more spots...right outta the buds??

20160815_214041.jpg

20160815_214210.jpg

looks like it to me, right?

contemplating taking the branch off, putting it in water in the warm room. getting concerned about a pop when im not about.

Removing a branch and putting it in a cup of water under a cfl on 12/12 - worked for me the first time I did it. This last time with the Thai Stick I mentioned -I did the same thing again but the male flowers on the branch aren't progressing and don't seem to have dropped any pollen.
So for my latest attempt I've treated a small clone with CS in the hopes I can flower the whole thing somewhere under a cfl. It started out small... but stretched like crazy. After the stretch I chopped it down to half height but it's still 14" tall so not as convenient as I wanted but I'll find some space for it in a closet somewhere under 12/12 and keep it there as long as I have to, I guess....

thanks weasel for the advice. i may yet chop those 2 branches and do that.

I can understand your concern, but there are a number of growers that have said removing "the branch" resulted in barren male flowers. I think it depends on how far along it is.

lmao....too late now.

chopped them 2 branches off last night, and put them in a pitcher with some water. kinda glad i did, cuz there are a bunch of sacks that i hadn't ever seen before, and wasn't watching them. just didn't get the right angle to see them i guess. weird cuz i go all around with the phone snapping pics.

well. we will see how it goes eh

its a bonus anhow from that girl cuz i had given up on her anyways til i used my own silver spray on her. i still have silver girl 3 getting daily doses. she will be on day 13 today.

well in the pitcher, they appear to be still growing out the male parts at the top of buds, so with luck, all will be viable. if not, like i said it's a bonus i didn't think i would have.

not sure if you guys can read this pic,
but basically I used Tiresias Mist to produce female seeds from plants that were grown from seed bank female seeds. And I ended up with a male, (not a hermie) plant.
How did male genes get into the mix?

CW_x_W_seeds.jpg

If I flower out my CS treated and newly hermied Thai Stick- will it keep on producing male flowers throughout? Or will the male flowers settle down a bit at any point?
Probably a stupid question - what I'm really getting at is -whether I am going to have to keep this thing isolated for the duration as it grows seeds.

Thanks DrZiggy. I'll see how it goes then, and report back. I didn't go as hard with the CS this time around, and it seems to be growing less balls than the other one- which had literally thousands.

I get some strange results, possibly due to the different strains, when using CS. Last try I sprayed daily for 2 weeks and got nothing. This time, using the same CS, I sprayed 3 days in a row and stopped. I had actually decided not to reverse the one branch and forgot about it. Here it is three weeks later and the entire branch is covered with male flowers.

If I flower out my CS treated and newly hermied Thai Stick- will it keep on producing male flowers throughout? Or will the male flowers settle down a bit at any point?
Probably a stupid question - what I'm really getting at is -whether I am going to have to keep this thing isolated for the duration as it grows seeds.

I kept mine is isolation for the entire time. I only sprayed part of my plant but the CS migrated around to unsprayed parts. If I was in your situation I would probably keep her isolated just in case. Pollen is so small and there is so much of it. I never realized it until I had to clean my tent up for the next project. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion. I had a male and female in my tent to make some regular seeds and after she was good and pollinated I took the female into the bathroom and gave her a 30 minute shower under cool water. Then I put her in my flower room with the rest of my girls.

Thanks.
Wow - 30 minute shower that sounds extreme! Good to know she liked it well enough though. Mine's just a little clone I flowered for the purpose of making seeds- I'm hoping it won't get too crazy with the pollen clouds.
Yeah I just may have to keep it isolated for a couple months. Kind of a pita. I'll have to build a little room for the little transsexual. Had some minor hope that it might stop growing balls later in flowering and I could put it back with the regular girls. These Thai Sticks take over four months to flower too, but I'll just give it enough time to make viable seeds. Hopefully it won't take more than two months - this strain is a real sloth.

got my first small batch of seeds from dutch treat autos.....still needs sorting but lots of gooders there i think.

20160828_183213.jpg

20160828_183224.jpg

20160828_184252.jpg

20160828_190018.jpg

20160828_190036.jpg

not too shabby from basically one cola.

that's the bud left from it in the cks jar.

have fun eh

thanks drziggy, and thanks to gov and mason for the reps too!!

the next silver girl is gettin set to pop, so i've moved my tents about and she is now with only 1 other roomie for now.

got the fan blowing good in there.

here's the sprayed branch, well part of it, lol.

20160829_201602.jpg

and here's what the rest of her looks like...

20160829_202141.jpg

gave her a good defol tonight to make way for the pollen to hit the whole plants buds....

20160829_232112.jpg

aww heck here she is in her new home too lol

20160829_232706.jpg

oh and for giggles....this was a piece i took off the branch prior to spraying, was trimming her up so she'd be a clean flipper...

20160829_212202.jpg

20160829_212227.jpg

bout 6" tall and budding nicely. alls i did was stick er inna dirt and added water once since then, lol.

have fun eh

Feminising with colloidal silver 101

I am in my last stage of spraying my home made 50ppm CS. I have been spraying CS every morning on one branch till soked of a flowering Hindu Cush. She is only small made up of the crown with 3 branch so I've selected one brach as this is my first attempt. The visual effects of the CS are gray/blueing of the effected leaves, all effected pistols burnt, shriveled and died and all growth lengthening/filling out stopped with continuous efforts from her to battle on to no avail.

Today is day 15 and I have noticed male flowers forming on 2 of the other branches with no visible signs of change in the affected CS branch. Both branches showing signs of male flowers have what looks to be stopped budding and putting all energy and effort into creating the feminized flower. The main central crown branch seems to be unaffected and has continued normal growth filling out lusciously.

I'm thinking if it was a hermie that all unsprayed branches would be changing and showing male parts but because only two of the 3 unsprayed branches are showing parts with one continuing as normal it looks to be an effect of the spray on the 4th branch.

Thoughts.....

Back
Top Bottom