Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With High Brix

Unforgiven I'm not sure what you used for spraying with, but I made up a batch of Cs using a couple bits of silver jewelry and an ac/dc power adapter. Cut the wires, attached the silver bits, dangled them in a jar of water, plugged the thing in and left it overnight. The result looked like crap and tested at 40 ppm. I sprayed a couple branches kind of randomly, whenever I happened to be around. The sprayed branches ended up packed with hundreds of male flowers and I got plenty of seeds started before I chopped those branches off. Next time I'll put a tiny clone into flowering and spray that- easier to isolate and control.
My point is- homemade CS is incredibly easy to make and seems to work great.

Unforgiven I'm not sure what you used for spraying with, but I made up a batch of Cs using a couple bits of silver jewelry and an ac/dc power adapter. Cut the wires, attached the silver bits, dangled them in a jar of water, plugged the thing in and left it overnight. The result looked like crap and tested at 40 ppm. I sprayed a couple branches kind of randomly, whenever I happened to be around. The sprayed branches ended up packed with hundreds of male flowers and I got plenty of seeds started before I chopped those branches off. Next time I'll put a tiny clone into flowering and spray that- easier to isolate and control.
My point is- making homemade CS is incredibly easy to make and seems to work great.

Very cool Weasel! :thumb:
Distilled water, or tap water?
Since electrons flow from negative to positive, I wonder if the silver is only needed on the cathode/negative side???

well on silver girl 2 I used bought stuff.

on silver girl 1 I used homemade stuff. got 9999 silver coin, cut it in half, drilled a hole at one end on each half, I use a bamboo skewer over the jar, 3-9v batteries hooked up to the silver. left it like 24 hours. had no meter at the time. hmmm I do now, I should check what I have leftover..d'oh.

thanks weasel. I am working on it, lol.

oh yeah and I used distilled water btw. so ya know major pita.

Very cool Weasel! :thumb:
Distilled water, or tap water?
Since electrons flow from negative to positive, I wonder if the silver is only needed on the cathode/negative side???

That would be true... but, if you have silver on both sides, it flows from one bar over to the other, wasting only what ends up in the water. If you don't have a silver bar on the positive side, you then plate whatever is sticking in the water on that side, losing that silver in the process.

That would be true... but, if you have silver on both sides, it flows from one bar over to the other, wasting only what ends up in the water. If you don't have a silver bar on the positive side, you then plate whatever is sticking in the water on that side, losing that silver in the process.

I use electrolysis to clean antique cast iron cookware. 5TBS of sodium carbonate (washing soda) per gallon of water to create an electrolyte. I don't know if this information will help with homemade CS. I know if I forget to make the electrolyte, I wont have any/little current between the anode and cathode.

I used rainwater. I didn't use pure silver- the pieces are castings which are near pure, but alloyed for hardness. I also wondered about whether I needed silver on both wires. Acdc adapters are easy to find at second hand shops and thrift stores, in case you don't have a few dozen around from old electronics. You don't technically need to strip the wires and destroy the adapter connections- though I did. Basically I decided to do it the most Neanderthal/easiest way possible and then test it out on the plants. It took way less time to make the silver than it did to type all this, lol. I don't think I would want to drink the stuff- looked horrible. I didn't really expect it to work so drastically well.
I made a second batch and left it 48 hours. Everything in the jar was covered in black scum and silver residue. Possibly because I used an alloy. It tested at 60ppm. I left it another night- still 60 ppm. I'm not sure why, but I don't really care too much. Next time I'll just brew it up overnight and leave it at that.

Edit- Emilya, it looked like a lot of silver was wasted as there was residue caking the jewelry and black scum everywhere. Also I now have a shiny silver coated mason jar. The castings look as good as new though- the coating just fell off. They aren't visibly thinner after three days of electrical torture.

yep just went and tested it. it only reads 17 ppm. so I hooked up my batteries again. might just dig up an extra/old adapter and give that a go. or a tattoo power supply.....hmmm got a couple of them too.

got me thinkin again..... ruhroh

I use electrolysis to clean antique cast iron cookware. 5TBS of sodium carbonate (washing soda) per gallon of water to create an electrolyte. I don't know if this information will help with homemade CS. I know if I forget to make the electrolyte, I wont have any/little current between the anode and cathode.

That's what I was wondering. Since distilled water is a pretty good insulator I didn't think it would work.

a common way to seed the distilled water so that it will start to conduct electricity and allow the electrolysis to happen is to add one grain of salt to the bowl of water. Once that has been done, many purists will then use one drop of that water to seed yet another bowl of clean distilled water.... something about a poison that the salt and silver create... i forget which one, but in the ppm you end up with, that eventual "clean" CS is safe to drink.

ok so yesterday was day 1 of spraying the homemade silver on #11 silver girl 3.

Man so glad I found this thread. You guys made me do an early wake an bake as i found the thread last night but was tired. couldnt really sleep so I woke up and caught up on this great thread. so many possibilities with this procedure. thanks for the knowledge guys and I will be ordering my CS real soon. In the mean time I will keep :reading420magazine::thanks::passitleft:

Harvested fem seeds on the Bubble Gum clones. Branchy pheno BG2 seeds are a lot lighter brown then BG3.

IMG_576011.jpg
IMG_57656.jpg
IMG_57399.JPG

BG2 seeds probably could have used another week but still have hundreds of viable seeds from her. Can't wait to grow a few of them out!

Beautiful seed harvest! (+) reps! :)

Day 35 from seed. My first run of my own feminized Laniakea seeds (excuse that lanky one back right...it's a ghost train haze I'm running again by request).

They've all been topped except the one front right. It was a runt so I'm letting it grow out until I run out of space.

tray_8_6_16.jpg

:cool:

Harvested fem seeds on the Bubble Gum clones. Branchy pheno BG2 seeds are a lot lighter brown then BG3.

IMG_576011.jpg
IMG_57656.jpg
IMG_57399.JPG

BG2 seeds probably could have used another week but still have hundreds of viable seeds from her. Can't wait to grow a few of them out!

Happy pheno hunting and great job!!!

well well, silver girl 2 has finally grown a sack!!!

guess my homemade silver works better than the bought stuff did.

20160813_215429.jpg

that, my friends makes me a very happy camper!!!

have fun eh

Back
Top Bottom