Curing

Sup guys

I have dried my weed for 8 days and it seemed right to jar, today its the second day in jars, but my bud still seems a little crisp on outside is it normal?? When wil the moist come back??

Answers wil be appreciated

Kwl, but its not dry as in crumble dry. Just outside of buds is crisp, i wil stop burping for day or 2 and just keep an eye on it. I hope really i did not messed the bud up

The little humidity gauge sticks that fit inside jars are nice as you have an idea what humidity range it is in, I tend to start to try and jar before it where I want it to bring it down slowly as if you get it too dry it stops the curing process. But if just the outside it will even out (again why the gauges are nice as you can tell if it has changed in last 24 hours and how much % it has changed). I don't have as many gauges as what I end up with in jars, but can rotate them around and usually same plant is going to be in a similar humidity range if harvested all at same time and put up to dry (whatever your method is for drying).

Get some Boveda 62s.
You need to burp daily to replenish oxygen or else the microbiology will not be able to break down the nutrients that cause the smoke to be harsh.
8 days dry hang is optimal, but really hard to achieve without Bud washing then hanging in a 60-65% Rh environment.
You want the stems to crack, but not break before you jar.
I do not recommend putting Apple/banana peels because it will most likely cause mold. Go to Ama zon and buy some Bovedas.

Boveda 62% as said above from amazon
Dry/ cure is the hardest part to growing weed. I feel like anyone can learn to grow weed but I’ll bet not all of those that do succeed, every get this part down pat. I for one do not have it yet. Getting closer but not where I wanna be

I burp a couple times a day for approx the first week in jars. Sometimes even dump it out and let it breathe for 10 or 15 minutes.
Apple slices work great if you just do a small amount as needed to make over dried weed a little nicer to smoke.. I wouldn't recommend trying to store long term with an apple slice or similar in the jar. A small bit of paper towel moistened has the same effect if you don't have an apple.

You can still smoke bone dry cannabis. Just leave them for a day or 2 in the jars and if still crispy throw an apple slices or 2 in the jar and leave it for acouple hours.
One of the reasons I stopped smoking back in the early-mid 80s was all the harsh & dry stuff. I tried the apple routine and found that using a slice of apple worked but timing was important. It had to come out before the weed got over moist. I tried wrapping the slice in a piece of aluminum foil and made holes in the foil with a straight pin. That helped but was not always successful and most of the time did not get enough moisture back into the weed.

Last year I experimented with orange peels. It worked great for adding moisture back. Worked almost to well. I would put a small piece, maybe up to an inch by an inch into the jar. It took approx 2 to 3 hours and the weed was moist again. Best orange peel I found was from a Navel orange and the thicker the peel the faster it worked. Thin peel, like that from a Tangerine, did not work anywhere near as well.

At least half of the experiments ended up with weed that was too moist and it would be back to a burbing routine. And there is always the chance that the excessive moisture would cause mould. Lost two 1/2 ounce jars of weed that I had experimented on. Both jars went bad about a month after I thought I had returned the weed back to the right moisture level. The jars that I pulled the peeling out after about an hour or two had no problem.

If someone plans on smoking the Orange peel moisturized weed within a couple of days or a week then it probably will work. I do not recommend it be used for weed that might be stored for any length of time.

Back
Top Bottom