DankDragons First Grow

something went horribly wrong... my PC box was tipped when i walked in to check on my young'ns today. one cup waqs empty, one cup was mostly full, and the pencil holder thing was still full. i am pretty sure i saved everyone and got them back into their cups, but i dont know.i have two little sprout like things. both have oposing round leaves on them. could they have sprouted last night? i think i may have really fudged it up.. i dont even knoow how the box fell, it was on a flat area, room empty, and locked

Damn that sucks. Sounds like you have survivers though. Yes, those are seedlings. Did they survive the tip over?

yeah they both did as far as i can tell.... they dont have anything but the round leaves, they are really short and thin stalked. and nowhere near where i planted... i planted in the centers and they were popping last night near the edges

yeah they both did as far as i can tell.... they dont have anything but the round leaves, they are really short and thin stalked. and nowhere near where i planted... i planted in the centers and they were popping last night near the edges

The round leaves are their 1st leaf sets & are a good sign. The triangle "weed" leaves will show up in a few days. Blow a gentle breeze on them from a fan to stiffen the stems, but be careful to not fry the leaves.
Are the round leaves green?
The seedlings at the edge, not the center, is a good opportunity for LSTing. I plant them there on purpose.
Your in good shape.

The round leaves are their 1st leaf sets & are a good sign. The triangle "weed" leaves will show up in a few days. Blow a gentle breeze on them from a fan to stiffen the stems, but be careful to not fry the leaves.
Are the round leaves green?

i have 2 80mm fans blwoing across them (1 intake, 1 exhaust)

yes they are a bright blatant green but at the same time they look kind of like baby clovers or baby sunflowers

maybe i didnt FIM it as bad as i thought lol

Low Stress Training.

This can be bending and using ties to put buds where you want them, or SCRoG's to do the same thing.
The opposite is High Stress Training. Topping, fimming, supercropping tc all are HST.

Damn that sucks. Sounds like you have survivers though. Yes, those are seedlings. Did they survive the tip over?

one confirmed survivor,
one possible (seems to have sucked back into soil)
one confirmed gone

sad day in the dragons lair, but i have 3 seeds left, but being unk bag seed and given my luck they are all male lmao
either way im getting potting soil and restarting the confirmed loss with new soil and new seed. i WILL be growing a male out if i have one to guarantee my seed base because the way i smoke, i dont have to have the high end shit lol eventually id like to grow some top shelf green, but until then, i can manage with reg. might as well keep one male here and there to maintain my seed stock.so i will be seeding my bud before smoking lol but hey itx worth it to have the seeds to grow.

I would plant the 3 ya got & let em catch up to the survivor. You got your cherry popped with germinating. Go & grow Grasshopper.

i will. i think i have the space... instead of using the cups, im going to use a bucket thing that takes up most of the space in the bottom of the box... then i will keep the one survivor in her cup alongside that bucket

hey Cajun.

what is LST? i have seen it written but i do not know what it is.. please enlighten me

Check out my Big Bang grow to see medium results from LSTg.

Very nice so far Dank! Subbed. Though I'm fairly late to this journal, I'll be stopping in quite often as coming from 'Micro-PC' grows intrigue me the most about growing Cannabis. The ability to adapt an organsim to YOUR specific requirements, to be more specific!

Anyway, you, my friend, are off to a great start. Those specs of you PC are much bigger than mine, height-wise at least. You will surely be getting above a 1/2 oz if proper LST/Scrog is used. There are many threads on the advantages of LST and you can surely see how space is best used in its advantage, doubling, even tripling an expected yield!

i will. i think i have the space... instead of using the cups, im going to use a bucket thing that takes up most of the space in the bottom of the box... then i will keep the one survivor in her cup alongside that bucket

Careful getting seedlings going in too large of a container. You want the roots to colonize with the microbes in a proportional space. Seedlings in small container, vegging plants in big containers. My humble opinion.

Careful getting seedlings going in too large of a container. You want the roots to colonize with the microbes in a proportional space. Seedlings in small container, vegging plants in big containers. My humble opinion.

ok so cop them until veg and then bucket them? its a little like 1quart bucket thing

ok so cop them until veg and then bucket them? its a little like 1quart bucket thing

Imho, keep them in cups until 3rd or 4th true leaf set to ensure good root development, then transplant to permanent home.

the round leaves are just the seed leaves, not to sure on spelling but their called cotlydon leaves, these are what the plant uses to produce its first set of true leave, so after the round leaves you will have single bladed leaves that look more like cannabis leaves,

dont mess about with them to much, if they been knocked over this would of damaged the roots so might be stressed for a day or 2, another problem i see you having is transplanting as you will need them in bigger pots and with the soil that low down its going to be difficult to tip them upside down to let them fall out so they can be replanted, id do it very caregully but wait until their a decent size so the root mass holds the soil together, we can give you a good idea when their ready but you got a week or 2 before then,

try not to over water, at this stage its very easy to kill them by over watering, if their over watered the leaves will look swollen and wrinkle up slightly, if the roots then start to rot the leaves will start to go a light green colour then a yellow colour then die, so let the pots pretty much dry out before you water next, you dony have drain holes so only use a little amount of water when you do water,

the roots need oxygen as much as they do water, so when their over watered the root gets no oxygen and this then starves the plant, so keep an eye on how wet the soil is and water when its nearly dry, this also encourages roots to grow a they are trying to find the moisture,

low stress training is something i use often, depending on your size you could do any sort of lst, but when you are in the final grow space id make sure the bottom is compost from side to side and front to back so you are giving the plants plenty of root space, the small pots wont allow the plants to grow much, to keep the plants smaller and bushier than give them plenty of soil in area but dont go to deep, once the roots stop growing down they will grow sideways to fill the soil, this will help keep the plants smaller and bushier so will help with height,

if i was growing in a comp case then id have about 3 or 4 inches of soil that covers the whole of the bottom of the grow space, that gives maximum space for roots to grow, then id use just 1 plant and plant it as close to the one end as possible, then id use low stress training to train the plant to grow sideways so it is growing towards the other end of the grow space, then each node will have 2 branches, so these will grow up and become the top of the plant, so you could easily have 8 to 10 main cola using lst, the canopy would be nice and even the same as a scrog but as the grow area is small i dont think you will even need a scrog, im sure low stress training will work perfect and produce great results for the size of grow space,

all id make sure is that i transplanted it so it was planted right at one end of the space so its pretty much touching the wall, then id use some string and something heavy like a bolt or something that would hold the plant down, then just train the main stem to grow just an inch above soil level and grow it totally sideways so it runs flat till it reaches the other end of the grow space, i think this method would work very well, its the method i would use but it depends on the size of the final grow space,

its going to be interesting to see what you can come up with

Back
Top Bottom