DankDragons First Grow

ty don. great info. i will be using this idea but with a twist, since i want to seed one set out, i will separate the box in the middle. i will plant a male on one end and a female in the other end, then i will LST them across each other so as to get polination to get seeds. after that first run i will do them one per case. tthank you for the amazing idea. and making it so simple that i can use and adapt it.

I agree with Don about his LST method. I was able to scavenge photos on another forum of one of my first grows in my first 13" PC case. Here I utilized the length of the handmade pot and started growing ALONG the edges to make a sort of 'rectangle' shape giving way to more explosive inter-nodal growth.

EDIT: I had no idea that you could not post pictures from another forum. I will try to download then reuploaad them here.

Heres the thing about multiple trnasplants---

MJ roots generally go straight until the hit something. Then they will start circling the container. This means that the middle 75% of soil contains not very much roots.
Unless you use MJ's root characteristics to your advantage. Slow progressions in pot size leads to much less wasted soil, a much bigger root ball, and more roots=more fruits.
MJ can be grown fantastically if you never transplant. Or if you do. I guess it comes down to your confidence level regarding transplanting. Im vegging a gdp sprout and I plan on 4 transplants while topping and fimming to see if I can grow a monster in my small space.

All of this applies toward PHOTO plants only. Autos are a different breed of cat and very much dislike being transplanted. Many have transplanted autos succesfully, and I have twice, but its too risky IMO as any stunt with an auto = less buds.
Good weed sir btw. :)

thank you Spimp sir, i only plan on one transplant. the sprout i thought was my plant wasnt... she popped last night so i know i have one viable seed. she looks good too. im going to do the one ended LST method from the case and wrap it around the sides inside with a twist, im going to do one on each end, one male one female. hopefully i can get a male and female, i want to seed one out to get a seed base to keep up the growing i understand i will eventually have to pluck my males but i would not be opposed to having some seeds to grow lol hopefully i have a few of each,....

Snapshot_20130905_1.JPG

day one pic of my unknown seed.. shes looking good to me.. although i do welcome any advice, or let me know if something looks off to you all my seasoned grower friends

she is the one towards the middle not the edge, i think the edge plant is just something that was in the soil

with the male and female you dont need to lst to them over each other, all you need is the plants in the same space and just have a fan running, the pollen will fill the room with just a small fan and it will turn the whole plant to seed,

Wouldn't have hurt to fill the container up more to elevate the seedling. Easier to get the air from a fan & light on it.
But, it'll be fine. Now you're growing brother!
What is the soil? Get that other plant outta there if it's not weed.

>>> how is she looking though?

She is looking brilliant! Her cotyledons are a deep green in color and new growth seem s to be happy from the pic. Try getting some more light in the pic for a better look-see!

I was able to download those pics I was talking about earlier from a previous grow I did in 2009. At my early stages I made a lot of mistakes growing weed and this was from a post were I was trying to solve a nute lock problem. Ended up being a Mag deficiency. As you can see in the pics my space was more cramped than yours and I had less than 8in of actual grow space to work with.

As, Don Paul suggested I also implemented the idea of growing the plant as horizontal to the soil as I can get it. Though I didn't think of planting the seed near the edge of the pot, I ended up using LST to train the plant from the middle to one side and then to the far end again (almost like half of an S shape).
P10006272.jpg
P101000751.jpg
P101001329.jpg
P10100705.JPG

This plant ended up giving me around 5-6 grams if I remember correctly. This was one of my first grows and in no way was I prepared for any of the problems I had faced during it. From heat problems (temps in the high 80-95) to nute lockout (due to MG slow release soil). I laugh at myself now after reading my old threads about this grow:rofl::tokin:

Wouldn't have hurt to fill the container up more to elevate the seedling. Easier to get the air from a fan & light on it.
But, it'll be fine. Now you're growing brother!
What is the soil? Get that other plant outta there if it's not weed.

didnt think about that when i put it in there. will look into it in a couple days when the roots take hold better. will get other plant out asap.

didnt think about that when i put it in there. will look into it in a couple days when the roots take hold better. will get other plant out asap.

No, don't touch her. Just remember on your next grow.
Just pull the stranger if it's not weed.

>>>That's a good question but how could you ship it&it survives?

Did you plant more than one cannabis seed in that cup? If not you shouldn't be wary of pulling it out now rather than later. Foreign organisms tend to attract foreign pests.

>>>That's a good question but how could you ship it&it survives?

Did you plant more than one cannabis seed in that cup? If not you shouldn't be wary of pulling it out now rather than later. Foreign organisms tend to attract foreign pests.

i only intentionally planted one, HOWEVER i had 3 planted previously that didnt take, so i replanted using same soil, so it could be one of my first 3 that is a little deep so it came out small

Yea I would wait on pulling it. You never know if you had a seed slip out of your hand into the cup while planting. Then you can split them if it is the case. Also when your tower feel over you never know if yea got a extra one in there that way. I know sometimes my work on my grow is on top of other things I got going in the garage. So easy to get things mixed up

Back
Top Bottom