Dank's Adventures In Dankland

Hey Sky I'd pop that dinafem without worry. Same as I'm eventually gonna do with the 818. Sometimes it's environment issues. Sometimes it's pheno specific, IMO. Sometimes it's just shitty genetics. I'll give up on a clone but not on the breeder pack of seeds. Plants are kinda like people I think. Like I'm cool but my brother is a ass :rofl:

you should grow it just because one grower had that luck doesn't mean they'll all do that im watching my cc real close because of that I haven't had that much experience with nanners they seem to mostly be in the tops but that's not law I think @bobrown14 had a double seed in one of his jellium I think from a popcorn bud so there not always in the tops good luck growing that og bean! :)

Oh I'm definitely going to grow it, it's actually the last of 3 and I loved the other 2 for quality, but still hearing a bad review in any way will always give an uneasy feeling. That sucks ass that the nanners can grow down in the popcorn as that stuff is usually difficult to inspect.

Nanners are the "beginings" of a male flower. They are not the full on ball sack. All they are is the anthers without the sack of pollen. There might be like a few pollen grains and usually no grains.

When I get seeds from nanners its usually down inside low on the main stem. A nanner forms there early and gets encapsulated by a felmale popcorn flower and I will get a few seeds usually 1 per popcorn flower sometimes I get more but its rare.
This is why I clean that popcorn up early on after flip. One or 2 sneak by me though and they are usually viable seed and not any more prone to nanner than the parents were. Which is actually genetically programed in and recessive thankfully.

Nanners are the "beginings" of a male flower. They are not the full on ball sack. All they are is the anthers without the sack of pollen. There might be like a few pollen grains and usually no grains.

When I get seeds from nanners its usually down inside low on the main stem. A nanner forms there early and gets encapsulated by a felmale popcorn flower and I will get a few seeds usually 1 per popcorn flower sometimes I get more but its rare.
This is why I clean that popcorn up early on after flip. One or 2 sneak by me though and they are usually viable seed and not any more prone to nanner than the parents were. Which is actually genetically programed in and recessive thankfully.

Are nanners different than the process of making fem pollen?

The one disaster I had was my first grow in 13. I had some bagseeds growing in a closet. It had bi-fold doors that leaked light everywhere. I had no clue about nanners at the time. By the end of the grow I was wet trimming and found shit loads of them. Also couple hundred seeds. It still smoked. Was just like when I was a teenager cleaning seeds out :laugh: Not as many as Mex brick weed. But way too many for me. Hence my first tent purchase after that. That first run was a learning experience

Here's my current 24's @41 days in flower. Same tent, same soil, pot size. Look at the difference between the two under different light spectrum. First the R-spec 3500k 288's 300 watt
Screenshot_20191130-145323.png
Now this is under the 4k 288's 300 watt
Screenshot_20191130-145417.png

that's cool it will be interesting when you toke it I wonder if there going to taste different or the high might be different ive got several different lights in my tent but I move them around so they all get a turn at the different lights!
My last 24 run had FFOF in the R-spec pot. It was definitely not as smooth. This is first organic run under that light. It's definitely finishing faster. But the 4k blue spectrum is more frosty

that's good to no that's why everyone of us grows a different product with all our ways of growing lights soil climate I wouldn't be surprised if elevation could effect them or somewhere that's always humid or really dry like the desert if you took identical clones and grew them under those different conditions they would all have slight differences or maybe big differs!

It's like at the end of Men in Black, the first one where they kept zooming out to find that our universe is but a grain inside of a giant cosmic marble that a larger giant species plays a game with. That said, I bet our face mites have little tiny creatures that live on them, lol.

Are nanners different than the process of making fem pollen?

Yes and no. The nanner is actually a pollen sack. It always looks the same but sometimes doesn't carry pollen. When I am talking about nanners they are the ones you see on the tops of buds sometimes, near the end of flower. These normally carry no pollen. If you don't see any male pods on the plant and only see a few nanners there usually isn't a problem.

If you see a nanner on your buds check the plants thoroughly for male pods. Mostly at the crotch of branches and the bottom of buds. If there are none there is probably not a problem. I notice nanners in feminized strains more than regular but it happens on both.

Biggest thing is not to panic if they show up.

Yes and no. The nanner is actually a pollen sack. It always looks the same but sometimes doesn't carry pollen. When I am talking about nanners they are the ones you see on the tops of buds sometimes, near the end of flower. These normally carry no pollen. If you don't see any male pods on the plant and only see a few nanners there usually isn't a problem.

If you see a nanner on your buds check the plants thoroughly for male pods. Mostly at the crotch of branches and the bottom of buds. If there are none there is probably not a problem. I notice nanners in feminized strains more than regular but it happens on both.

Biggest thing is not to panic if they show up.

When making fem pollen, would the fem pollen be in the male pods on plants with nanners? I've read of growers hitting their girls with colloidal silver to stress the shit out of'em so I presume the difference between a plant with the occasional nanner vs a plant that was forced to herm to make fem pollen would be the amount of stress each is enduring. I've only ever grown fem stock, though I plan to get some new breeder seeds and I think they only do regs, so my horizons will soon broaden.

When making fem pollen, would the fem pollen be in the male pods on plants with nanners? I've read of growers hitting their girls with colloidal silver to stress the shit out of'em so I presume the difference between a plant with the occasional nanner vs a plant that was forced to herm to make fem pollen would be the amount of stress each is enduring. I've only ever grown fem stock, though I plan to get some new breeder seeds and I think they only do regs, so my horizons will soon broaden.
im not sure about this but a plant that shoots nanners that have viable pollen in them will produce fem seeds when pollinated but your carrying that nanner trait with it but when you reverse a good solid female its a better way you can still get nanners but at least your not passing that nanner trait on I don't no if im rite lol!

STS prevents a hormone called ethylene from being made. Ethylene is needed by female plants to grow flowers. No ethylene and no female flowers. She will grow male flowers instead. A reversed female if stable will not produce nanas.

My 818 started popping nanners well before week 6 because the ones I found were mature and quite a few. I brought it in my mud room for last couple weeks. As it finished it had them forming on all the tops and lots of the lowers. I'm guessing that I found well over a hundred or so. I can handle a few towards the end of the flower cycle. But not that early or that many. Lol. The other 5 strains grown together had none

Back
Top Bottom