DC's First Indoor Multi-Strain

Before you smoke your mutant bud, I think we'll need some quality images in case it's NOTM material!

My wife just got an iPhone XR which totally blows my blackberry out of the water. I will commission her.

So if it turns out to just be a gigantic massive yield bud should I clone this girl and start a new race of weed?

I am starting to pickup my upgrades for stepping my game up. I figure I should be dropping seeds the next couple weeks to give them 6 weeks in the veg tent until these babies are done and this tent will be ready to bloom round 2.

Any feedback on the cloudline fan and ipower carbon filter? I like the adjustment ability on the fan so I don't have to run it at full tilt even when the temps are lower in my basement in winter, with LEDs.

Screenshot_20200105-111038.png

I can’t seem to find the brand of filter I bought. I looked on my old purchases on amazon but couldn’t find it. I wouldn’t recommend it. I wish I could remember what brand it was.... I don’t think it’s Ipower but damn! I can’t remember! I couldn’t find the fan either, and well.. I smoke weed so I can’t remember the brand of that either. It’s a great fan. Just wish it was a bit quieter. Does that one have a controller with it? As I went up and checked, yes, yes it does!

Yes of all the fans I found.. Which honestly most look like the exact same Chinese fan just with a different company name (growneer vivosun, Viv home) this one seemed a little higher quality. The fan adjusts to more than just high medium low and unlike the other fan reviews I didn't see anyone complaining of noise or the fact the controller didn't do much.

My only thought is that it may be a little more fan and filter at 6" than I need, but I tend to like to stay in the buy bigger and dial it down so it doesn't run full tilt. As a guy that builds and maintains machinery that is always a good plan for longevity.

Day 91
Week 5 of Flower

Full steam ahead! Watering every other day with a gallon of feed just to slight runoff. Today I bumped bloom to 6mg per gallon, grow and micro stayed at 1mg and 4mg respectively and Calmag also holding steady at 4mg. I also switched the Blue Dream over to megacrop to use her as a test subject to get a feel for it. I'm pretty sure I'll see myself using it next run. It just seems a lot more user friendly, you aren't playing around with upping this bottle or that one, just simply more or less that's it. I like it. But it smells.

They seemed to have grown a few leaves back, I may have to do a small defoliation at the end of this week. Otherwise the Toronto girls are getting frosty and starting to put on some winter weight. The smell is still fairly mild, funny though it's that burning rubber smell predominately. Can't say I hate it.

No sign of deficiencies, a couple low small fans yellowing a bit but I think that is to be expected.

No sign of bugs since adding more air movement.

Just a photo dump today I'm up too late already, 5am comes quick!

PS my phone carrier sent me an email about some new deals they have going for thhe new year for my company plan. I snatched a sweet one up and have a new iPhone 11 coming my way any day now so expect some better pics! Not a huge tech guy so I won't use it for much else but it was pretty cheap to add on and I'll now have a lifetime of data per month so why not!?

Attachments

• IMG_20200108_2123100.jpg
    IMG_20200108_2123100.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20200108_2123009.jpg
    IMG_20200108_2123009.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20200108_2122559.jpg
    IMG_20200108_2122559.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20200108_2122491.jpg
    IMG_20200108_2122491.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20200108_2120385.jpg
    IMG_20200108_2120385.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20200108_2100268.jpg
    IMG_20200108_2100268.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
Thanks guys!! I only wish that our friend HippyCanuck was still here to see it haha

So my GH schedule shows me bumping up to the following dosages next week:
4mg Micro
8mg Bloom
4mg Calmag (Sched says 2.5 but 4 has done me well)
0mg Grow

The NPK ratios are:
Micro 5-0-1
Bloom 0-5-4
Calimagic 1-0-0
Grow 2-1-6

I have no idea how to do the math to calculate NPK percentages with actually dosages used but since it is essentially double the bloom than micro/Calmag does that make the overall ratio 6-10-9?

After looking into the mega crop thread I've seen a few suggestions on the ideal ratio of N to K being 1-3. Unless my math is totally off I'm way out.

Anyone care to weigh in? I'd like to understand this process better so I can feed more accurately with this GH trio. At the end of the day they are doing pretty damn good so I don't want to mess around too much but more just to educate myself. @farside05 @multiVortex @InTheShed ?

Its a weighted average. You can kinda see the math in my spreadsheet. Lets just look at how to do the N value. Take the ml used of a product, multiply by the N value of the product. Do that for each product and sum the result. So Micro, 4x5=20, Bloom 8x0=0, Cal-Mag 4x1=4. Sum 20+0+4=24. Divide the 24 by the total parts used (4 parts Micro+8 parts Bloom+4 parts Cal-Mag), which is 16. 24/16=1.5. So your blended N number is 1.5. Continue for the P & K values in the same manor.

GH is kinda old school in their recommendations of higher P in their mix. So their product mix comes out to 1.5-2.5-2.3 (see tables above). Personally I like to shoot for something around 2-1-3 as my optimal. If you used equal amounts of all 4 products, you could attain something very close to that. See below.

Now, 4ml of each is only around 84 ppm of N. That may not be quite enough to keep 'em green. If you see them start to get a little yellow, Up it to 5ml of each. You could probably go all the way to 6ml each if needed. More than that you may see tip burn.

As far as the 1:3 N:K ratio, That's kind of a guideline not to exceed or you risk Ca lockout.

Oops, there goes me and my evil slide rule again.

I am starting to pickup my upgrades for stepping my game up. I figure I should be dropping seeds the next couple weeks to give them 6 weeks in the veg tent until these babies are done and this tent will be ready to bloom round 2.

Any feedback on the cloudline fan and ipower carbon filter? I like the adjustment ability on the fan so I don't have to run it at full tilt even when the temps are lower in my basement in winter, with LEDs.

Screenshot_20200105-111038.png

The first filter I bought was an iPower. It seemed to last much longer than the one I have going now, so I give it a thumbs up. I have it paired with a Vivosun 6" 440cfm variable speed inline fan. $89.99 CDN. It moves serious air, but all that air movement does create some noise. Its not really the motor that's loud, its the airflow, so I don't know how much quieter one brand could be from another. I wish I could turn mine down lower than the lowest setting. In my smaller tent, its really overkill.

That was exactly what I was looking for and very well explained thank you!

I can't see any reason 4ml across the board next feed, then maybe if I want to push another ml each from there wouldn't hurt. I am noticing the tiniest bit of lighter green overall colour on one plant and both have a couple yellowing leaves but only down below in the shadier areas.

I really don't get how the company markets a product called "Grow" and recommends focusing its use during the vegetative stage and cutting it out during the Flower stage when the npk ratio of the contents doesn't actually reflect the plants needs at those stages. It confused me - why remove a 2-1-6 product from the mix when the plant needs potassium more in flower...ie why wouldn't grow be high N, low P and K, bloom be high P, K low N which it is and then micro more balanced. Meanwhile micro is the main contributor of N.

Also, what's the chances of getting that spreadsheet emailed over to me? Are the formulas plugged in or do you do it manually either way it looks handy well done!

The first filter I bought was an iPower. It seemed to last much longer than the one I have going now, so I give it a thumbs up. I have it paired with a Vivosun 6" 440cfm variable speed inline fan. $89.99 CDN. It moves serious air, but all that air movement does create some noise. Its not really the motor that's loud, its the airflow, so I don't know how much quieter one brand could be from another. I wish I could turn mine down lower than the lowest setting. In my smaller tent, its really overkill.

Thanks for the feedback. I will be going with the ipower. I had the vivosun in my cart but changed to the infinity only for the extra speed adjustment because I read reviews for exactly what you stated - great air movement but lacking in actual speed adjustment and in my Canadian basement I could actually use more heat and humidity so I don't want a fan flying full tilt and actually making the environment cooler and drier than it needs to just to exchange air for co2.

Also, what's the chances of getting that spreadsheet emailed over to me? Are the formulas plugged in or do you do it manually either way it looks handy well done!

Check your private messages. Link enclosed. All the formulas are built into the sheets and there are specific areas where you input your data and it does the rest from there.

Back
Top Bottom