Debudman's 1st Journal

New Products from the store today
-
Jamaican Bat Guano - For a little more natural phosphorous boost
- Bud Swell - Supposed to boost natural flavors

I decided against the Bud Candy as the sythetic nature of this kind of counters the Organic principals of my grow.

:peace:

Final Stages

- I like the Indica Couch Lock High so I am waiting until I get between 50-75 percent amber tri's

August_31_2013_7_.JPG
August_31_2013_5_.JPG
August_31_2013_4_.JPG
August_31_2013_3_.JPG
August_31_2013_2_.JPG
August_31_2013_1_.JPG

Insects found :(
Well I found that on one of my plants I just noticed where the dreaded mites have taken hold.
I noticed red spots on the top of the leaves and started looking underneath the hood. I found
definite evidence of mites with tiny white eggs and of course the damage. I removed the worst leaves
and I guess all I can do is ride it out.. I have only a week or two until harvest. The other plants don't look like they were hit by the mites. Those things really attack the leaves fast and suck all the nutrients out of the leaves. Fortunately my buds are already developed. If not, I would have definitely just tossed the plant and cut my loss. But I may get lucky and still be able to enjoy. I mite (pun intended) have to harvest it early though to avoid mite spread. So far I don't see any issues with the buds, just the leaves. But I know that if you get em early and they spread they will wrap their webs around your buds too and screw them all up.

Well I thought I was going to get by this year unscaved, but it looks like the nature of the outdoor beast struck again.

I think next year I may just go the indoor grow route.

Well I snipped off the leaves that looked like they had the most damage and tossed them.
I lightly sprayed the remaining leaves with safe soap. I'm not sure if that works for mites, but don't want to use any toxic stuff.
So far all looks good. Hopefully just a couple more weeks at most and I will be done.
I moved mited plant away from the others...

Final stage of flowering
Today I flushed my plants with plain water
and will be using plain water for the next week or 2 and then I will harvest.
Right now all the hairs have turned brown and despite all tricombs still looking clear
I am guessing about 2 weeks should do it. I'm still seeing a couple colas on one plant with signs of issues where I see
a few leaves each day starting to turn yellow and others drying up and wilting.. Looks almost like something you would see
in the beginning stage of a worm attack...when they are still really tiny. I haven't seen any evidence of one yet, but I wouldn't rule
out that possiblity. Other than the 2 buds I've seen with this issue all others look fine. I hope to harvest soon so I can stop worrying about it :thedoubletake:

Harvest Day

Well folks today is harvest day!
:party:

I flushed last week and have been feeding staight water daily for a week now.
I wanted to go another week, but the weather has been pretty humid and noticed a few minor
signs of powdery mildew in some areas. I treated with neem and it seemed to keep it at bay.

This season has been a pain in the (_|_) having to take my plants in every night at 8pm then having
to take them back out at 8am. One thing though, I did avoid getting hit by the tobacco budworms...
:cheer:
I'm glad it's almost over. I did sample the product and it is pretty stoney :party:

Sorry I wasn't more detailed in my journal as I work full time and between my job and the grow and everything else it didn't leave me with a lot of time. I guess as a result I didn't have many subscribers..

Well until next season.. Happy growing everyone :Namaste:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom