Depot's 1st Grow - Buddha Purple Kush - Budget Setup - CFL

Looking good brother!

I'd say check this out dude, LA's Bud Bulking Technique for the remainder of her time.

Hey BP, thanks for stopping by! I took a few minutes to read that topic and it got me indeed.. I'm going to try it out soon and take before and after pics to see if it actually makes buds swollen a bit :slide:

:Namaste:

DAY 62 - No more nutes, lights 18/6 since start (64W total CFLs)
Haven't got any lens to check the trycomes, will most likely chop it within 2 weeks
I did some bud backbuilding on few flowers, here's some pics! :Namaste:

IMG_20150424_181612.jpg

IMG_20150424_182023.jpg

IMG_20150424_183448.jpg

IMG_20150424_183337.jpg

IMG_20150424_183308.jpg

IMG_20150424_181819.jpg

IMG_20150424_182528.jpg

IMG_20150424_181709.jpg

looking forward to the backbuilding result data from this one :)

good job mate, cheers

:thumb:

Looking good Depot :goodjob:. I can see she is starting to swell now.
That day is getting closer :cheer::cheer:

That is an amazing plant with only 64w. I prefer the less stinky plants and haven't noticed anything wrong with them. I grew some skunk hybrid that was so stinky, but wasn't any better then any others I had.
The weird thing is it doesn't smell at all, I'm sensitive to odors but nothing - even when putting the nose close to the bud.
it stinks a bit only when squeezing it
I've got no doubts about potency and taste, took few samples already and DAMN :volcano-smiley:

looking forward to the backbuilding result data from this one :)

good job mate, cheers

:thumb:
Hey bro, can notice little difference already! But will wait a week to post comparison pics

I noticed the buds (and the leaves aswell) are looking and feeling much drier then before (also getting less resinous at touch). Is that a normal sign of the plant getting ready to die? Maybe because I stopped the nutes? Or consequence of the bud backbuilding?

Just tracked the magnifying glass delivery, should arrive in 3-4 days! Way earlier than I thought :high-five:
The browning of most pistils (around 70% I'd say) together with a dryness of buds and leaves was starting to worry me I might be going too far with bloom.. I'll have to wait few days and look at them trycomes :D

look like a good amount of bud for just 64w nice
Well yeah, I got to admit I'm really happy with how it's gone until now.. Spent around 30$ for all the grow plus few $ electricity bill, and I hope to get a bit more than 10 grams I'd guess :Namaste:

those buds look delicious man!!
can't wait to see the results from this one:thumb:
anyway, :goodjob:
Hey, welcome Jasus! Thanks for stopping by and glad you like it :D

The weird thing is it doesn't smell at all, I'm sensitive to odors but nothing - even when putting the nose close to the bud.
it stinks a bit only when squeezing it
I've got no doubts about potency and taste, took few samples already and DAMN :volcano-smiley:

My current Golden Goat plants have no smell either. I am going to try the bud back building technique in a couple days so I will have some material to try out to see how potency is going.

My current Golden Goat plants have no smell either. I am going to try the bud back building technique in a couple days so I will have some material to try out to see how potency is going.
Hey, checked your plants and they're looking great! looking forward to seeing your results with backbuilding aswell :)

Meanwhile

DAY 65 - breeder's date reached, will keep it alive until I can check with magnifier
Lights 64W total, 18/6 since start
Temp 20-28°C
RH 40-65%
Stopped nutes 3 days ago, plain water until end

:Namaste:
PICS
IMG_20150427_181518.jpg

IMG_20150427_181359.jpg

IMG_20150427_181424.jpg

IMG_20150427_181458.jpg

IMG_20150427_181537.jpg

IMG_20150425_211716.jpg

Need advice :helpsmilie:

Most of the pistils have turned brown, but there's a new set of fresh pistils growing.. Sadly Little bananas are starting to grow ALL AROUND aswell, they look like pistils but are harder and of a darker green.

Made a quick search and they're called nanners or more precisely "specious staminate flower (?)"; I wasn't able to find any detailed or scientific explanation of why this happens, but I read that they contain pollen and it's a last attempt of the plant to pollinate herself to save the species (not a true hermie). It may be caused by any major stress and these bananas usually appear in late flowering.
Consequences are that seeds will PROBABLY start to appear and mature inside the buds.

Any and all opinions on this issue will be highly appreciated!

I'm undecided whether to
-cut it early
-just let it go and remove the seeds before grinding it up (will there be any other consequences apart from seeds in buds? taste-wise or potency)
-remove the nanners one by one (read it somewhere, not sure it may work)
-burn the plant and jump off the balcony screaming

Thanks! :Namaste:

ps: found two other cases around the net of Purple Kush strain showing male flowers in late bloom. Both decided to cut the plant early

You've reached the breeder date already so I don't think it will really be early just not optimal. Have you checked the trichs yet? I've never had this problem but have known others that did and if the nanners aren't too many, they just cut them off with un-noticable effect and few if any seeds (which should be fem if grown). I'm interested to see what the more experienced growers suggest.

This really sucks, I'll keep an eye out for seeds..
Even though it's close to harvest, I do not want to smoke buds with seeds which aren't fully developed yet - those fuckers are usually so small it would be nearly impossible to de-seed every bud (quite sure you understand what I'm talking about.. HATE those small white seeds)

Either no seeds or fully developed seeds, that's my personal view on it :blushsmile:

In the meantime,
I got my tweezers and went nanner-hunting! Spotted around 10 of them groups of nanners.. Will be doing this everyday until the end.
I kept reading around and many growers agreed that removing nanners as soon as you spot them is the best option. I'm lucky this is the only plant I'm growing, would be a nightmare having a room full of nannerfuckers

btw no, I haven't had chance to check trycomes yet.. loupe will be delivered in few days :Namaste:

nanners are no problem, at this point just pluck them off carefully so you dont spill any pollen and pretty much 'deal with it'.

4 out of 10 females get nanners, really not a big problem :smokin:

Feeling for you man. I hope this all turns out well for you. You have done a great job with her and should feel proud.
Thanks MF, for your support through this first journey aswell! Much appreciated :high-five:

nanners are no problem, at this point just pluck them off carefully so you dont spill any pollen and pretty much 'deal with it'.

4 out of 10 females get nanners, really not a big problem :smokin:
I plucked them off; it wouldn't have been much of an issue if there were just nanners, but when I found a little seed aswell behind one of them suckers.. well, I decided to call it off before getting seeds everywhere :bitingnails:

Anyways, I'm going to have her another 24h without light (or more, until I see leaves starting to drop/yellow), trying to keep RH kinda low at the same time with a good air circulation in the box
Will post some pictures of harvest and manicure soon :D

Back
Top Bottom